Obama's Birth Certificate still in Question

If this same situation had been identical, but the BC in question was Sarah Palin or another Republican, the media would have been all over the story like buzzards to road kill.
As that situation is purely hypothetical, you can only speculate on what the media would, or would not, do. Your opinion of a hypothetical scenario does not equal fact.

As that situation is purely hypothetical, you can only speculate on what the media would, or would not. Your opinion of a hypothetical scenario does not equal fact.
Faye...Come on. Please do not come into this thread showing any sign of common sense. This is expressly forbidden in here

This, again?:lmao: This is one of my favorites.:thumbsup2

Okay, say it is somehow proven that he wasn't born in Hawaii...then what? As a "dual citizen", would Biden :scared1: then become President? As a dual subject of the U.S. and United Kingdom... he could possibly go from being the President to the Prime Minister of England???? Now that would be history making!:goodvibes

Have a "do over"? Wonder how fast Hilary would resign her current post?;)

Would he? It changed the whole campaign. He'd been in the game with no cards.

I think we would be saying Madame President.

Would you then be saying that the only reason she won was because she was a woman?

You know, I would never suggest that the only reason people voted for John McCain is because he was white-but it seems that nobody has any problem suggesting that the only reason Obama got elected is because he was black.

Another instance where I marvel at the negative view some have of their fellow citizens.

Oh, thanks so much for the laugh today. I thought that surely this must be one of the MANY old threads resurrected, but to see that it was a new one on this beat to death topic just made me smile. I'm sure President Obama would be amused as well, if he wasn't so busy, you know, running the country. You guys...........hey, never let go of that enthusiasm, okay? Good one....:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

That's not the original.

Since the original DOES exist and is simply sealed, I believe the question keeps coming up because he won't issue the OK to show the original. It just makes more questions.

Why not show the original since it IS possible and will put an end to the questions?

?

The original Birth Certificate has not been sealed. That would imply that somebody has it. The records office in Hawaii has restricted access to the records because of all the requests to see them or get copies. Requests that were not made by Barack Obama or any member of his family, or by anyone to whom he had given express permission to access them.

The original birth certificate was probably requested by his mother when he was a child, and has since been lost somewhere, however, the replacement copy of his birth certificate that he supplied has been verified as being an authentic copy by the State of Hawaii. (With the raised state seal and the appropriate signatures). I believe they refer to the original as the "long form" and the copies as "short form".

Do I have that right?

never[/U] suggest that the only reason people voted for John McCain is because he was white-but it seems that nobody has any problem suggesting that the only reason Obama got elected is because he was black.

Another instance where I marvel at the negative view some have of their fellow citizens.

1) Yes they would say that.:sad1:
2) That's right-but race is never an issue-remember :rolleyes1
3) I find it :sad2:

Not where I live or in most states. One must have PROVE their idenity to obtain a BC. It must either be your personal BC or your child's.

Not last May when I went to Massachussetts to get a copy of mine. All I was asked was the name, city, and DOB. I didn't show an ID, nor was I asked what my relation to the person was.

The original birth certificate was probably requested by his mother when he was a child, and has since been lost somewhere, however, the replacement copy of his birth certificate that he supplied has been verified as being an authentic copy by the State of Hawaii. (With the raised state seal and the appropriate signatures). I believe they refer to the original as the "long form" and the copies as "short form".

Do I have that right?

Not quite; Hawai'i, like many states, has merely changed the format of their birth certificates from longer to shorter (in my state, Ohio, some old formats included questions about the child's legitimacy). Parents who get the initial copy don't receive an "original", only a certified copy. A child born today in Hawai'i would be issued a certified copy "short form" birth certificate that looks just like what Obama has provided; someone who was born in 1961 might still have the "long form" if it hasn't been lost over the years. But "long form" does not mean "original", which is where a lot of the confusion comes in.

His mother being a citizen isn't enough. He didn't meet the requirements. It has to do with his mother's age at the time of his birth. This condition was missed by about three months.
Go to an US consulate, and offer them a hypothetical situation with the same scenario as far as birth and dates go.

They'll give him citizenship. The person will be considered a natural born US citizen.

I was at my mom's house this past weekend helping her purge out stuff that needed to go...my original birth certificate was found - well at least 2/3 of it. Part was missing. I threw what I had left of it in a bag I brought home and it got soaked from a leaking water bottle that was also in the bag. I tossed it - already had a reprint of one from Dallas County.

So if I run for office, my legitimacy would be questioned?

No, because all any of us EVER had is a COPY of what the county of our births keeps. An employee who is a gov't notary stamps or uses the seal thing to Certify that copy, stating that they made the copy of it and it is official.

All you'd have to do would be to contact the vital records dept in the county of your birth, pay for a Certified Copy of your birth certificate...they would go into the files, make a copy, stamp it or squeeze the seal thing on it, and there you go. A Certified Copy of your birth cert, which is the EXACT SAME THING for usage as an "original" b.c..

Physically impossible for Trig to be Bristol's baby. No so for the BC.

I don't think Trig is hers, but how is it physically impossible?

I tried getting an original copy of my birth certificate and all I could get was something stamped "Duplicate" and they told me to deal with it.

"Original copy"...lol. Hopefully they put their official seal or stamp on it, to show that it's a Certified Copy.

Anybody who knew his name, mother name and birth date (all public) could walk in and get his birth certificate. My girlfriend picked up my daughters last August. I just gave her that info and she picked it up for me. No ID needed.

In MO (or the state where your DD was born) might allow that, but other states have different requirements.

I remember from when the Hawaii official sealed his record that it wasn't just anyone who could get it...it was him, certain relatives (who I think are both dead), and an officially appointed (by the person in question) person. They wanted to make sure that no one made up papers that looked like Obama had sent him/her, so they closed it up tighter. Can you imagine the lawsuit, if they had fallen for some forged permission papers????

I've often wondered why he doesn't just produce the original or Hawaii doesn't produce the original to put an end to all this once and for all? Why produce a copy printed on a computer in 2008 (I think was the year)?

How could he produce the ORIGINAL? That's in the Hawaii office. I personally am on my third official Certified Copy of my b.c., b/c they keep shredding... CA certificates just aren't that good, it seems. I currently keep mine in a ziplock to try to protect it somewhat from the elements.

Could any of us actually go to our county of birth's vital records office and demand that they open their files and show the actual original they have??? I'm not sure that any of us would be allowed to do that.

And I've said this before, but what if that was allowed? What if it happened? The Vital Records people brought out the file, showed it...and someone lit it on fire, thereby destroying it??? What then?

From a previous post by someone born in Hawaii who has a child born in Hawaii...the design of the birth certificates has changed since then. Therefore, if someone requests a Certified Copy NOW, one gets the version out NOW.

Perhaps the "original" no longer exists. I had to obtain a certified copy of my birth certificate from California. All they could locate was a poor quality microfilm copy.

If CA is still putting out those sad half-sheets, yeah, that's what I have too. When I first saw hubby's WA b.c. I thought it was a joke! Thought it was something totally unofficial. My CA b.c. gives SO much more information! The WA ones give almost nothing (they are actually very similar to the Hawaii one shown) and look totally fake.

I actually didn't totally believe that hubby's was real until we got DS's WA b.c. and it was just the same. And WA b.c.s have just the swirly colored seal, while my CA b.c. has the raised seal. I really should order a new Certified Copy of mine, so I can see if they've changed!

Oh, and if memory serves, there were some questions about McCain's place of birth, b/c it was in Panama...but if I recall correctly, b/c it was on a military base it was considered to be in the States, and that's why he was allowed to run at all. So gosh, there were questions, there was scrutiny, and the answer was had!

That Star wars clip with Barack and Hillary is hysterical!!!!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

All that is needed there to make it complete is Dick Cheney in his wheelchair - "Arise my apprentice......Darth Clinton"

Di x

Someone needs to post a poll on here to see who believes that Obama is not a US citizen. I would love to see the results....:lmao:

9 pages and 135 replies......on a subject that was beat to death last fall. :lmao:

The short form birth certificate that Obama has provided is what the state of Hawai'i issues now; it is enough proof that Obama was born in Honolulu and is thus a US citizen. His long form that was issued at his birth has likely been lost by his family, which is a common enough occurrence. One is never issued an original birth certificate; that is kept on file. You can only receive a certified copy. That is what Obama has provided.

Obama can't show you what he doesn't have, and Hawai'i wouldn't release an original document to the public. It's likely on microfilm, anyway.

Has any one ever said the BC was lost?

Of course, Obama can obtain a long form version of his BC. It's probably on microfilm? No big deal.

Document Management - Microfilm or Microfiche
"A traditional method of storage that has been around for many years. It is still a reliable long-term method of storage. Records that are not retrieved regularly can be stored on Microfiche/Film as an inexpensive way of reducing storage space.

During the Microfilm process paper documents are transferred into miniature images and stored on either Roll film or Fiche.

Once stored the images can be retrieved using Microfilm Readers/Printers in order that the information may be viewed and/or a printed copy may be taken for reference."

"Citing her statutory authority to oversee and maintain Hawaii’s vital records, ***ino said she has “personally seen and verified that the Hawaii State Department of Health has Sen. Obama’s original birth certificate on record in accordance with state policies and procedures."

What does this prove? That he has a BC of file. Nothing more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter