Obama will not raise taxes on big business here's why

manning

Just for that I have requested it
Big business will

1 pass it on to you thru price increases...this now becomes an indirect tax to you

2. will move offshore

3. lay off workers if they can't move offshore.

coupled with taxing owners of small business we will have

JOB LOSSES BIG TIME !!!!!

With flame suit is on....flame away !!!

All I've ever heard from the Bush Administration is that cutting taxes will increase jobs. So far, I haven't seen the job increases that the "trickle down" theory was supposed to effect. In fact, Americans have seen almost a million jobs cut during this same tax-cut period.

We have, however, seen multi-million dollar bonuses to CEOs and top-ranking officials in companies that have moved high-paying jobs offshore to third world countries these past 8 years.

Reinstate the taxes. It couldn't be any worse than what's already happened under the tax cuts and more Americans will benefit from these companies paying their fair share.

All I've ever heard from the Bush Administration is that cutting taxes will increase jobs. So far, I haven't seen the job increases that the "trickle down" theory was supposed to effect. In fact, Americans have seen almost a million jobs cut during this same tax-cut period.

This is not correct. Even taking into account the losses endured this year due to lending/credit issues, there have been 6.5 million new jobs since the tax cut package was passed. The Bureau of Labor Statistics (bls.gov) has the raw data.

This is not correct. Even taking into account the losses endured this year due to lending/credit issues, there have been 6.5 million new jobs since the tax cut package was passed. The Bureau of Labor Statistics (bls.gov) has the raw data.
Sorry. Trading thousands upon thousands of $60,000 and up programmer jobs for several $7.50 an hour jobs at Wal-Mart doesn't cut it. Nice try.

Sorry. Trading thousands upon thousands of $60,000 and up programmer jobs for several $7.50 an hour jobs at Wal-Mart doesn't cut it. Nice try.
well... they COULD earn $60k/yr at a 7.50/hr Wal Mart job.

If they worked 115.9/hrs week (40 straight time, 75.9/OT)

One can live off of 7.44 hours of sleep per day and no other free time or days off. I did it for less sleep through college.

One can live off of 7.44 hours of sleep per day and no other free time or days off. I did it for less sleep through college.
:rotfl: Yeah, but you're forgetting a few things:

Wal-Mart tries very hard not to employ full time workers. (How many of those 6.5 million new jobs are part-time as opposed to good paying full time jobs lost?)

Wal-Mart will not pay OT to many full time workers as those workers are mostly classified as salaried.

Therefore, in order to work those 116 hours per week, the employee would have to have four SS cards and work at four different Wal-Mart stores, every single day of the week with only about 7 hours of sleep per night, straight through weekends and holidays with no sick days AND getting to each job within 1/2 hour or less of clocking out of the last job.

This kind of juggling would gross that worker about $45,201 per year and he'd probably be dead within three years.

That same worker used to make $60,000 per year (or more) working one job, maybe 45 hours per week but usually 40 hours per week, with at least two weeks vacation plus holidays plus sick/personal time.

As I said before to the poster boasting about new jobs created in light of job losses: nice try.

Wal-Mart would never allow that to happen.

www.walmartwatch.com

btw.... I was being sarcastic with my post ;)

I loathe Wal Mart (and most big box retailers)

I was just trying to find somewhere online that mentions his tax on house sales. Anyone know where that's available?

With today's market, at least that shouldn't be too much. :rolleyes:

Nice try, yourself. What an incredibily dishonest statement.

You clearly attempted to state that the economy has lost 1 million jobs since the tax cut package was enacted. The facts are easily verifiable that, as I said before, even taking into account the credit crunch damage (which is entirely unrelated to tax policy), there have been an additional 6.5 million jobs added to the economy since the Bush tax cut package was signed.

Rather than acknowledge this fact, you attempt to change the subject. Further, your attempted distraction is also incorrect. If you are willing to actually take the time to look at the data (also at bls.gov), you will see that nonsupervisory, nonfarm wages have increased dramatically since the tax cut package was enacted, in both real (i.e. adjusted for inflation) and nominal terms. In fact, real wage gains (again, that's factoring out inflation) have actually increased at a higher rate since the tax cut package than they did over the Clinton adminstration.

The data is available. You just have to be willing to look at it.

It's so dishonest to make the type of unfounded claims you make when the facts are so readily available.

are any of these numbers verifiable or just liberal propaganda. i really expected better. if this is the best you can come up with, pretty shameful. and if these numbers are true, shame on me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter