Obama supporters! - A positive place to talk about his campaign - PART DEUX!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Snip of good news from yesterday by Robert Creamer on Huffington Post....

1. Obama added at least seven new pledged delegates in West Virginia, brining his magic number to clinch the nomination down to 143. After his victory in North Carolina and virtual tie in Indiana, Obama needed 183 delegates... Since then he has gained 40 delegates and now leads Clinton in super delegates by 12.

2. Obama now needs only 17 additional pledged delegates to have an absolute majority of all pledged delegates. He will pass that mark next Tuesday when 103 delegates are at stake in Oregon and Kentucky. At that point many super delegates have indicated they will declare for Obama.

3. West Virginia is populated with a high percentage of older, non-college, white voters -- Clinton's strongest base of support. The impact of her overwhelming victory there is limited by the state's small size. It is the 13th smallest state and represents .6% of the nation's population.

4. Obama has won 21 contests by more than 20% -- Clinton only 3 (West Virginia, Oklahoma and Arkansas).

5. The Washington Post/ABC Poll released yesterday shows how much [West Virginia loss] is offset by [Obama's] much greater strength among independent voters who will mainly decide the fall presidential race. The poll showed Obama leading McCain with this key group by nine points -- 51% to 42%.

6. By mobilizing huge numbers of young people and African American voters in November, he will make it more likely that Democrats take an increasing number of Congressional seats in former Republican strongholds - especially in the South.

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

I can't find the Liberal Thread so please excuse this slight venture OT. KO is lacerating Dubya re Dubya's supreme sacrifice of giving up golf to support the troops. I hope the transcript is available online.

I started a special thread just for KO....:worship:

I hope that some of you are just joking about Hillary possible being a physical threat to Obama. If not, that's kind of weird IMO.

I don't believe I said she would be a physical threat. However, I do not think she would be a loyal VP. IMO, she would look to undermine Obama every chance she got. In that respect, she cannot be trusted.

And yes, I do believe many in the Hillary camp are hoping another "Rev Wright" shows up at the right moment to make Obama unelectable.

Andrea Mitchell, who has been traveling with Hillary's press core, said on MSNBC this morning that Hillary was snubbed by many (I assume Dem) senate members when she showed up on the floor the other day. It wasn't a warm welcome.

Well I don't think they liked being called out on that Gas Tax thing. Senators really see themselves as above that.

Also, they're not all that happy with LIEberman either. If he speaks at the Repug convention, the movement to kick him out of the caucus will become that much bigger.

I don't believe I said she would be a physical threat. However, I do not think she would be a loyal VP. IMO, she would look to undermine Obama every chance she got. In that respect, she cannot be trusted.

And yes, I do believe many in the Hillary camp are hoping another "Rev Wright" shows up at the right moment to make Obama unelectable.

What makes them think that another White Water won't show up?

Oh..I made friends with my UserCP. What clown? What troll?

I normally just lurk here from time to time...wanted to see what you guys thought about the Edwards endorsement. I normally try to keep my religious and political thoughts to myself. It is not that I am shy but any time I have expressed my opinion on other threads I often get bashed. :confused3 Usually I am just asking what others feelings are. Anyway, I keep seeing the term usercp or just cp...what does this mean? Thanks, Lisa

I normally just lurk here from time to time...wanted to see what you guys thought about the Edwards endorsement. I normally try to keep my religious and political thoughts to myself. It is not that I am shy but any time I have expressed my opinion on other threads I often get bashed. :confused3 Usually I am just asking what others feelings are. Anyway, I keep seeing the term usercp or just cp...what does this mean? Thanks, Lisa

Control Panel

somewhat related.. if there are any Obama supporters in Boston, let me know. I'm heading up tomorrow to see the Red Sox in Fenway and apparently for a conference too, and frankly, I'd love to speak with people that share my views on something in this world other than Disney (just for once.. lol)

Control Panel

Oh, I get the other persons post now!! I agree, I recently became familiar w/ cp too! You should see all the people I don't see now! It is wonderful!
Hey disneyjunkie, thank you. You should know that your on the list of fave people on one of the other threads! :rolleyes1 I forgot your name and added you. I usually identify you buy the pic on your signature.:hug:

Oh, I get the other persons post now!! I agree, I recently became familiar w/ cp too! You should see all the people I don't see now! It is wonderful!
Hey disneyjunkie, thank you. You should know that your on the list of fave people on one of the other threads! :rolleyes1 I forgot your name and added you. I usually identify you buy the pic on your signature.:hug:

You're welcome:flower3:

No, that wouldn't count. The only thing that counts are new scandals involving new candidates and not counting Michigan and Florida. ;)

Woot Woot. The first Edwards pledged Delegate has come Obama's way.

Joshua Denton, New Hampshire.

Joshua Denton of Portsmouth, 26, an Iraq war veteran, says he thinks that both Obama and Hillary Clinton would be a better president than Republican nominee John McCain. He thinks that Obama is the change the country needs, along with having the best chance of beating McCain in the general election.

"My fear with Hillary was just because she is who she is -- for better or worse -- she would sink, not just lose the presidency," but Democrats in Congress, Denton said Wednesday. -

From AP via MSNBC

NEW YORK - Democrat Hillary Rodham Clinton said Wednesday that she shouldn't have suggested in a newspaper interview that Barack Obama was having trouble winning over "hardworking ... white Americans."

Told that a top black supporter, Rep. Charles Rangel, D-N.Y., had called the remark "the dumbest thing you could have possibly said," Clinton said "Well, he's probably right."
On ABC News, Clinton said some voters may be discriminating against Obama because he is black but that there are probably an equal number voting against her because she's a woman.

"There are people ... who have reluctance about a woman, have reluctance about an African American. But thankfully, those are a relatively small minority," she said. "And I'm not sure that those people would ever vote for one of us."

She vowed to remain in the presidential race until the last primaries next month, but she hinted that the protracted contest with rival Barack Obama would end shortly thereafter.

Didn't you read the memo? Clinton's legal and ethical issues don't matter. If something is brought up it is just a case of the media and political insiders trying to block her way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter