• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Obama supporters! - A positive place to talk about his campaign - PART DEUX!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just have to say this.

I understand people getting annoyed when you call them a racist just because they don't like Obama. It's annoying, and I'm sure it's not true in many cases.
But, to bury your head in the sand and actually think that his race isn't a factor in a lot of people's decisions is just sad.:confused3
I'm sorry, but West Virginia is an example of the race factor (that was over before it began, and everyone knew it), heck, Billary's rhetoric is an example of the race factor. You can hear the talking heads dance all around it, almost saying it, but not quite....My view may be unpopular, but come on....

I really refuse to believe people don't think race is (unfortunately) a huge factor for some, I think they are just afraid to face it.

Now back to your regularly scheduled discussion, it just frustrates me.
I agree that it's sadly a factor for some just as sex is a factor for others and where a person is from might be for yet others. My hope is that those people don't amount to much of anything.

My sister lives in Ohio and she is not on the Obama bandwagon yet. We were talking today about VP choices and when I mentioned Gov. Strickland she said "I would vote for Obama in a minute if he had Strickland on the ticket."

I thought Edwards gave a great speech. I don't think the HS liked it very much. One of them thinks that Hillary has the lead in the popular vote and that somehow matters. I had to reply because unless they change the rules I think it's the delegates who choose the nominee.

I just have to say this.

I understand people getting annoyed when you call them a racist just because they don't like Obama. It's annoying, and I'm sure it's not true in many cases.
But, to bury your head in the sand and actually think that his race isn't a factor in a lot of people's decisions is just sad.:confused3
I'm sorry, but West Virginia is an example of the race factor (that was over before it began, and everyone knew it), heck, Billary's rhetoric is an example of the race factor. You can hear the talking heads dance all around it, almost saying it, but not quite....My view may be unpopular, but come on....

I really refuse to believe people don't think race is (unfortunately) a huge factor for some, I think they are just afraid to face it.

Now back to your regularly scheduled discussion, it just frustrates me.

My sister swears it isn't race that is the reason she has threatened to vote for Mc Cain instead of Obama, even though a life long Democrat. This was right after she sent me an Email with Obama driving Miss Daisy ( Clinton) :guilty:

I think she's positioning herself to keep the campaign contributions coming in so she can pay herself back first for the $12,000,000 she loaned her campaign.

IMO, once she pays that debt, she'll stop her "happy talk" and stiff the rest of the folks she owes money too.

If I was Obama, I wouldn't trust Hillary or her husband if she was VP.

Hell, I'd keep a guard on her if she was only visiting the WH.

Agreed. As someone else said, Obama would need to have all his food taste tested before eating. She feels entitled to the Presidency, so I wouldn't put anything pass her and slick Willie.

I think she is staying in the race in the hopes that he will drop dead before the convention. As I'm sure he has great secret service protection the Hillary campaign staff have probably all been issued Obama voodoo dolls to attack.

I hope that some of you are just joking about Hillary possible being a physical threat to Obama. If not, that's kind of weird IMO.

All right, guys....let's knock it off with the "Hillary would kill him" kinda stuff. She may indeed have a voodoo doll of him, but I don't think she'd do more than sprain an ankle or two. ;)

Seriously, I think she's staying in the race because - and only because - she honestly thinks she's entitled to the nomination. That somehow, the last 15 years have been leading up to her coronation. She's being beaten by a relative national neophyte with dark skin, big ol' ears, and a funny name, and it just isn't registering. And although I said the above jokingly, I honestly think she is in denial, even at this late date. She seems to think that the nomination is hers, and that the party just hasn't realized it yet.

But she did say today that it would be an "incredible mistake" for her supporters to vote for McCain out of pique that she didn't get the nomination, and I respect her for doing so. Hillary can still be an important voice in the US Senate, and I just hope that she doesn't do herself any more political damage by carrying on a campaign that is long past its expiration date.

I agree I believes she thinks she is entitled to the nomination, which is one of several reasons why she was not a viable candidate to me. Entitled, why? Sorry, HRC, being publically humilated by your vainglorious husband does not entitle you to the presidency.

she honestly thinks she's entitled to the nomination. That somehow, the last 15 years have been leading up to her coronation.

There was an article on Huff Post (I think) airing the things HRC wished she could say about Obama and the things Obama wished he could say about HRC. In the HRC component, it did note the audacity of this unknown, big-eared freshman senator with the nerve to think he could change business as usual in DC that the Clintons helped to build.

She's being beaten by a relative national neophyte with dark skin, big ol' ears, and a funny name, and it just isn't registering....

All right, guys....let's knock it off with the "Hillary would kill him" kinda stuff. She may indeed have a voodoo doll of him, but I don't think she'd do more than sprain an ankle or two. ;)

Seriously, I think she's staying in the race because - and only because - she honestly thinks she's entitled to the nomination. That somehow, the last 15 years have been leading up to her coronation. She's being beaten by a relative national neophyte with dark skin, big ol' ears, and a funny name, and it just isn't registering. And although I said the above jokingly, I honestly think she is in denial, even at this late date. She seems to think that the nomination is hers, and that the party just hasn't realized it yet.

But she did say today that it would be an "incredible mistake" for her supporters to vote for McCain out of pique that she didn't get the nomination, and I respect her for doing so. Hillary can still be an important voice in the US Senate, and I just hope that she doesn't do herself any more political damage by carrying on a campaign that is long past its expiration date.

Andrea Mitchell, who has been traveling with Hillary's press core, said on MSNBC this morning that Hillary was snubbed by many (I assume Dem) senate members when she showed up on the floor the other day. It wasn't a warm welcome.

Andrea Mitchell, who has been traveling with Hillary's press core, said on MSNBC this morning that Hillary was snubbed by many Dem senate members when she showed up the other day. It wasn't a warm welcome.

See, I was afraid of that happening. Hillary carries a lot of weight on name recognition alone, and obviously a lot of Democrats around this country support her (some for legitimate reasons, some not). But the further she walks out on this limb, the more likely it becomes that she's going to become a pariah within the party. Obama is the nominee. Period. She needs to get that through her head and get in line behind him. Swallow her pride, campaign for him, then go back to the senate and work like hell to get a liberal agenda through Congress and onto President Obama's desk so that we can start changing the disastrous direction this country is going!

Andrea Mitchell, who has been traveling with Hillary's press core, said on MSNBC this morning that Hillary was snubbed by many (I assume Dem) senate members when she showed up on the floor the other day. It wasn't a warm welcome.

And apparently the press was drooling and waiting for--I don't know--Obama and Clinton to duke it out in the Capitol.

Obama was not one of her fellow (democratic) senators to give her cold shoulder. :thumbsup2

And apparently the press was drooling and waiting for--I don't know--Obama and Clinton to duke it out in the Capitol.

Obama was not one of her fellow (democratic) senators to give her cold shoulder. :thumbsup2
I'm glad to hear that about Obama because regardless of what Hillary does now (and I say this as a Hillary supporter) Obama can definitely show what he's made of by how he handles the end of this mess.

Maybe even with Edwards' help? :woohoo:

I'm glad to hear that about Obama because regardless of what Hillary does now (and I say this as a Hillary supporter) Obama can definitely show what he's made of by how he handles the end of this mess.

Maybe even with Edwards' help? :woohoo:

That works for me!:thumbsup2

It wasa good news day. The Edwards endorsement along with the Childers win. Republicans aren't even voting for Republicans--this is set up to be a very good year.

Forget all the mumbo jumbo numbers and predictions on who will get the DEM nod.

I think the more important prediction is whether Barry Obama will wear his new flag lapel pin tomorrow. That would make it 3 whole days in a row.

s-OBAMA-FLAG-PIN-large.jpg

What's up with that? :confused3

I can't find the Liberal Thread so please excuse this slight venture OT. KO is lacerating Dubya re Dubya's supreme sacrifice of giving up golf to support the troops. I hope the transcript is available online.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter