Obama supporters! - A positive place to talk about his campaign - PART DEUX!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What’s up with the DEM talk about uneducated and educated American’s? Are they saying that American’s with just a high school diploma are uneducated? ….Great party you have there insult as many American’s as you can!!! The unity party indeed!!

How many of you knew this:

Education Attainment in America:

• Secondary diploma (high school) 85% (uneducated ????)
• Post-secondary diploma (college) 27% (educated ????)

Yes, college educated adults are better educated than high-school only educated adults. It's not rocket science. High-school educated people aren't uneducated by any means, but when you compare the two groups, college educated adults are more educated.

Yes, college educated adults are better educated than high-school only educated adults. It's not rocket science. High-school educated people aren't uneducated by any means, but when you compare the two groups, college educated adults are more educated.

OMG, are we really discussing the virtues of a college education versus a high school diploma (or less) and implying or inferring that those with a college education are not more highly educated? Those with college diplomas have at least 2 years more of schooling, most have 4-7 years more of schooling. So sorry those who have a high school diploma and nothing more from academia feel that being undereducated when compared to the latter is disrespectful. Tell them to get 4 or 7 more years of school and then start the conversation.

For the record some school systems in this country are nothing more than worthless, graduating kids who can't read, I would hope that by the time a young adult gets out of college they could at least read....

So is it the Clinton strategy to do all in their power to destroy the party-split it in half, and then swoop in with a demand for the VP slot? (With an offer to bring all her supporters with her.) Is all the ugliness really about making her the only VP choice?

One of the talking heads said this late last night on MSNBC. They felt she was positioning herself so that he would have to ask her. It kinda made sense but I just don't think she wants to play 2nd fiddle to Obama. I know there are some who think she would be a good choice but I don't trust her. She has said things about Obama that will come back to haunt the campaign. If it is the VP slot that she wants why doesn't she just talk to Obama about it and not keep on about her being the best candidate for the job?

I did not hear all of her speech last night, but what I did hear made me think that she still thinks she can win the nomination. We have all talked about what would happen if the Supers gave her the nomination, just think about her going to the convention and trying to win by having two or three ballots with voting going on into the wee hours of the morning. That is a lose-lose anyway it turns out.

The only good thing is that the media does not seem to impressed with her win. The ones I have heard say it was a big win that made no difference at all.

OMG, are we really discussing the virtues of a college education versus a high school diploma (or less) and implying or inferring that those with a college education are not more highly educated? Those with college diplomas have at least 2 years more of schooling, most have 4-7 years more of schooling. So sorry those who have a high school diploma and nothing more from academia feel that being undereducated when compared to the latter is disrespectful. Tell them to get 4 or 7 more years of school and then start the conversation.

For the record some school systems in this country are nothing more than worthless, graduating kids who can't read, I would hope that by the time a young adult gets out of college they could at least read....

Pssst, Republican pot stirrer. :lmao:

One of the talking heads said this late last night on MSNBC. They felt she was positioning herself so that he would have to ask her. It kinda made sense but I just don't think she wants to play 2nd fiddle to Obama. I know there are some who think she would be a good choice but I don't trust her. She has said things about Obama that will come back to haunt the campaign. If it is the VP slot that she wants why doesn't she just talk to Obama about it and not keep on about her being the best candidate for the job?

I did not hear all of her speech last night, but what I did hear made me think that she still thinks she can win the nomination. We have all talked about what would happen if the Supers gave her the nomination, just think about her going to the convention and trying to win by having two or three ballots with voting going on into the wee hours of the morning. That is a lose-lose anyway it turns out.

The only good thing is that the media does not seem to impressed with her win. The ones I have heard say it was a big win that made no difference at all.

I think she's positioning herself to keep the campaign contributions coming in so she can pay herself back first for the $12,000,000 she loaned her campaign.

IMO, once she pays that debt, she'll stop her "happy talk" and stiff the rest of the folks she owes money too.

If I was Obama, I wouldn't trust Hillary or her husband if she was VP.

Hell, I'd keep a guard on her if she was only visiting the WH.

Hey Rev, question for you...since you live in WV....All the "pundits" today are making a big deal that Obama needs Clinton as his VP in WV to get the dem vote because she can bring in the uneducated, low income, white vote (you know since WV ALWAYS picks the pres)
...But isn't that really a flawed argument? Do you think (I'm just guessing based on your posts about the climate of WV) that if the people in WV wouldn't vote in the GE for a black person of any sex or a female of any color, do we even have a chance to take WV in the GE?? I would think that regardless of if Hillary is on the ticket or not, that this one will go to McCain for the simple fact that he's the white male. (again only based on what I've heard about how that state votes).

Do you think we would have a chance with our own white male on the ticket??

I'm not trying to offend or be racist/sexist, but it is what it is. KWIM??

I"m just curious as to your thoughts on this....

I'm not WVrevy, but I'm going to give it a whirl anyway.

I think there are certain states who should be counted as a loss for Obama. Which is not to say, he shouldn't campaign. Anything can happen as we saw in Dean's "50 state strategy".

I think circumstances will dictate those races. If the war/economy continue to go south and inflation/forcloseures/gas prices keep skyrocketing, McCain may get handed a few surprises.

In those states where Obama has nearly no chance, I do believe there will be Democratic victories in both the House and the Senate.

As evidenced by the last few special House races, I think that will be a tidal wave.

People may not want to vote for Obama, but they will want to get rid of the bum of a Republican who's been misrepresenting them. :lmao:

I think Obama can write off WV, with or without Hillary Clinton on the ticket.

ITA. Hillary would not even win there against a white man. Pretty much any white man. Shoot Edwards got a fair share of votes last night.

I did not listen to her speech and only saw/heard those excerpts that the talking heads were discussing. My take aways: she still has H U G E campaign debt and to rally the troops for donations she has to stay in the race; she has moved to playing the sexism card; and according to Clinton math, she can still win this campaign.

I wonder, will Clinton math be the new testing paradigm on standardized tests.;)

DES MOINES, IA—Democratic front-runner Hillary Clinton officially rescinded her bid for president at an Iowa campaign appearance Saturday.

"Just two months ago, I promised that I'd listen to every voice through my town hall meetings, web chats, and trips to communities across the country," said Clinton, whose opponents have accused her of being out of touch with average voters. "America, you spoke clearly and with conviction—and I listened. And so I say to you today: Let the conversation end."

Polls showed that immediately following her speech, Clinton's approval numbers skyrocketed all across the South, wide swaths of the Midwest, scattered pockets of the Northeast, and in California, Alaska, Nevada, North Dakota, South Dakota, Hawaii, and Ohio.

Chris Matthews, host of MSNBC's Hardball, described Clinton's decision as the "single most unifying move" the highly polarizing figure has made yet.

"Hillary's always had a hard time connecting to audiences, but these Joe Six-Pack Iowans absolutely lit up at her speech," Matthews said. "For the first time, she's really speaking to the whole nation."

Along with Clinton's announcement, her campaign website posted the results of a recent telephone poll showing that an overwhelming majority of both Republican and Democrat respondents answered "Yes" to the questions "Don't you wish Sen. Clinton was not even running?" and "Wouldn't everything be better in this country if Sen. Clinton just bowed out now?"

Fox News Channel's chief political correspondent, Carl Cameron, called the announcement classic Clintonian triangulation—finding an unorthodox issue that people can agree upon across socioeconomic and party lines.

"She's cold, she's calculating, she's blind with ambition, but I'll be doggoned if she doesn't have her finger on the country's pulse," Cameron said. "Hillary's not usually one for surprises, but this was a paradigm-shifting moment that's guaranteed to turn her campaign around."

Many Republican-leaning voters said that while they still didn't agree with Sen. Clinton on the issues, they were personally impressed with the boldness of her decision.

"This was an unexpected moment, and it took a lot of courage on her part," said Miami resident Brian Highland, a former supporter of Arizona Sen. John McCain. "I've been a staunch Republican all my life, but now that Hillary's dropped out of the race, she's definitely got my vote."

In the political blogosphere, some describe the move as a brilliant political stratagem in tune with the national zeitgeist, while others insist it reveals Clinton's tendency to pander to public opinion.

"I knew Hillary was willing to change her positions based on surveys and focus groups, but I'd always assumed her presidential aspiration was her most deeply held belief," blogger Joe Sudbay of AMERICAblog wrote. "If she's going to pull out of the race just to please voters, maybe she doesn't deserve to be president."

Added Sudbay: "She said she was 'in it to win it'—was that just posturing, too?"

Clinton will unroll a $15 million ad buy tomorrow covering the major primary states to publicize her withdrawal, and kick off a 19-month bus tour next week through the expected battleground states.

"I want every potential voter in America to know my position on this important issue," said Clinton, referring to her candidacy. "When people go to the polls next year to vote for 'anybody but Hillary,' I want them to think of just one candidate: me."

I love reading The Onion:goodvibes ....

Pssst, Republican pot stirrer. :lmao:

If I was Obama, I wouldn't trust Hillary or her husband if she was VP.

Hell, I'd keep a guard on her if she was only visiting the WH.

Agreed. As someone else said, Obama would need to have all his food taste tested before eating. She feels entitled to the Presidency, so I wouldn't put anything pass her and slick Willie.

It must be nice not to be elitist like Hillary:

-she is hosting her top 40 donors at her home in Washington, DC and then hosting some of her Superdelegate supporters at her home in "working-class central" Chappaqua, NY.

I might take my post back…who actually started the talk about “uneducated” voters? Did a candidate say it or was it the press?. I could have sworn I heard on CNN it was one of their exit polls. Uneducated vs. educated voters. Also I thought I read that Clinton said it.??

Yes “less educated” is a lot different from “uneducated”.

Besides why am I even talking to you guys..I have my masters you are all uneducated …err I mean less educated then me. ;)

Check out this chart:

250px-Educational_attainment_copy.jpg

Carry on!!

It must be nice not to be elitist like Hillary:

-she is hosting her top 40 donors at her home in Washington, DC and then hosting some of her Superdelegate supporters at her home in "working-class central" Chappaqua, NY.

Lets hope little Dalton's bike money buys enough pizza & beer for those working class folks.

This thread is for Obama Supporters-A positive place to talk about his campaign...

I think we're pretty tolerant on the Obama Supporters thread, but it is for posts from Obama's supporters. I would respectfully request that those with strong differing political thought (or who feel the need to make unnecessary unpleasant, negative educational remarks) should find or make their own threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter