• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Obama is Vacationing in My City This Weekend

Blessed99

Mouseketeer
And it has made driving through certain places INSANE this weekend! :scared1: And I am going crazy by the nonstop airplanes circling day and night! All night!! :headache: But I guess its really cool that he chose Asheville NC over all the other cities in the world that he could have chosen! I know several people that are trying to get a glimpse of him, but I prefer to just leave him be and let him vacation in peace!

I don't think you are even allowed to mention his name here. They are really funny about stuff like this.

hope it gets better soon. Can't be fun at all.

Do you mean here on the Disboards?? If that is the case, I am sorry I had no idea! Really wasn't trying to stir anything up. I just thought it was kind of cool that he was here!

Mentioning where he is vacationing is fine, mentioning his politics is not. Someone had a thread about seeing the presidential motorcade earlier and as long as the discussion stays on that and not politics your are fine.

A friend of mine is in the Secret Service CAT team so he will also be in your city somewhere this weekend, probably with high powered weaponry. What goes into the logistics of a presidential visit is amazing.

I worked as an office filing clerk in college in my city's Secret Service office. It was kinda neat, although the filing was as dull as filing anywhere is. The agents were cool to talk to and they took their jobs very seriously (although they did have a sense of humor in the office :)).

It is always a mess when a president visits. I remember Bush (sr.) visiting my town a year or so after Reagan was shot. Crazy!

It's always a pain to have a POTUS nearby, no matter your politics. But, it's a feather in Asheville's tourist cap so enjoy that. I love Asheville!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter