Obama/Disney shirts

Again, let me clarify myself and my OP, I wasn't offended and not even disgusted, I simply felt that it was a little silly to take the time out of my preperations to go to disney world and "WASTE" my time if you will to manufacture t-shirts using the famous Disney ears and Obamas logo. I would have had more to think about then politics on my way to Disney, one of the happiest places on earth...it seems ridiculous to me, and was probably illegal in Disney's eyes. I say wear what you want but if you cannot take off your silly Obama t-shirt and put on a Real Disney t-shirt like the rest of Us I say "get a life and take a valium and relax"

Exactly.

I get it. Disney represents a magical fantasy to escape reality to you. To others it may not be the same. That's the magic of America, expression is free. And what makes YOU happy may not make others happy. But that's something you have to work out on your own. It's like the old saying... the only thing you can control is your REACTION to something.

Personally I didn't like the McCain people who had monkey dolls with Obama's name or likeness on them, either. So what, they still did it. I just have to choose to consider the source.

Again, let me clarify myself and my OP, I wasn't offended and not even disgusted, I simply felt that it was a little silly to take the time out of my preperations to go to disney world and "WASTE" my time if you will to manufacture t-shirts using the famous Disney ears and Obamas logo. I would have had more to think about then politics on my way to Disney, one of the happiest places on earth...it seems ridiculous to me, and was probably illegal in Disney's eyes. I say wear what you want but if you cannot take off your silly Obama t-shirt and put on a Real Disney t-shirt like the rest of Us I say "get a life and take a valium and relax

So when my nephews, niece & I made tie dye shirts for our trip--had a blast doing it too--we needed to get a life? Or we're OK because it didn't have a political logo on it?

Put me in the group that only notices truly disgusting shirts--I don't care if someone has a McCain shirt, an Obama shirt or a 'real' Disney shirt on. I'm at Disney--I'm having fun.

If I were at Disney, I'd have more to think about than what someone was wearing, especially if it didn't "offend" me. But that's just me. ;)

Again, let me clarify myself and my OP, I wasn't offended and not even disgusted, I simply felt that it was a little silly to take the time out of my preperations to go to disney world and "WASTE" my time if you will to manufacture t-shirts using the famous Disney ears and Obamas logo. I would have had more to think about then politics on my way to Disney, one of the happiest places on earth...it seems ridiculous to me, and was probably illegal in Disney's eyes. I say wear what you want but if you cannot take off your silly Obama t-shirt and put on a Real Disney t-shirt like the rest of Us I say "get a life and take a valium and relax

Maybe you should take your own advice.

If I were at Disney, I'd have more to think about than what someone was wearing, especially if it didn't "offend" me. But that's just me. ;)

:thumbsup2 I agree. I think that people need to lighten up.
And for the record, I think the logo's cute. :goodvibes

Yep, that's the image. The point is, not that the image was on the shirt.....not that you choose to support an individual for president....the point is it ties a political party to Disney, plain and simple.....what if I went to dinsey to escape all the political crap and bam, there it goes walking past me on shirts, what about my rights not to see a shirt like that? so wear your Morgan family trip to Dsiney that so spent hours tie dying, fine we've done it, "I" have a problem with someone taking a beloved logo of mine, a logo or symbol that my daughter and I try to find in the clouds, try to find in bubbles in her bathtub and someone sticks political ties to it, political ties that I take significant moral and ethical exceptions to. As for the offensive Republican items that have been circulated, there is no excuse for that as well. I would have felt it just as ridiculous had it been on a Mcain t-shirt.....every year each party makes a mockery out of the elections and this just contributes to it. makes it that less fun to participate in the elections, maybe if the election season didn't start oh 2 years ago it might have been that big of a deal to me.

now this is were the story gets interesting, while in line for a ride, a CM manager I can assume, overheard our discussion about the t-shirts and came over to inquire.

You're right, this is where it gets interesting for sure!

Disney managers don't usually patrol the lines of rides listening to private conversations....

You must have been pretty vocal about your displeasure...:confused3

When I visited WDW in September, I saw many people wearing official Obama campaign t-shirts/hats and surprisingly few people wearing McCain apparel. Since WDW is a symbol of middle class American values, I wondered if that was significant.

Disney aggressively protects its copyright and trademarks, so if the Obama shorts that the OP saw are being commercially manufactured then the vendor can expect to hear from Disney's lawyers.

Yep, that's the image. The point is, not that the image was on the shirt.....not that you choose to support an individual for president....the point is it ties a political party to Disney, plain and simple.....what if I went to dinsey to escape all the political crap and bam, there it goes walking past me on shirts, what about my rights not to see a shirt like that? so wear your Morgan family trip to Dsiney that so spent hours tie dying, fine we've done it, "I" have a problem with someone taking a beloved logo of mine, a logo or symbol that my daughter and I try to find in the clouds, try to find in bubbles in her bathtub and someone sticks political ties to it, political ties that I take significant moral and ethical exceptions to. As for the offensive Republican items that have been circulated, there is no excuse for that as well. I would have felt it just as ridiculous had it been on a Mcain t-shirt.....every year each party makes a mockery out of the elections and this just contributes to it. makes it that less fun to participate in the elections, maybe if the election season didn't start oh 2 years ago it might have been that big of a deal to me.

we all go to Disney to escape to some extent - but we aren't foolish enough to believe that people are going to leave their politics, religion, or whatever outside the gate....be realistic. I have seen church groups use the ears and icons to promote their pride in their religion - would you also tell them to "get a life...take a valium....put on a real Disney shirt..."??????

:confused3 So were you more upset about the copyright abuse or the fact that it was Obama on the shirt with the beloved Mickey head? If that is the case do you also get as upset when you are in the parks and see the homemade Mickey and other Disney things people from all over put on their families. Socks, shoes, jeans, baby onesies, family reunion T's. I have seen it all and each of these have been decorated with some Disney symbol. I have seen Confederate flag Mickey heads on a shirt a few times at Disney. (Did that mean Disney was racist? Heck no!) I don't recall any CM "looking" for them as if on some sort of witch hunt. Maybe they were a group of political workers that got together and took a day trip or so after all their hard work on the campaign. I think more people would have found sex and drugs as mickey heads a better reason to get this upset about. Everyone has the right to their own opinion as do you, but your post seems like your were more offended about Obama than the copyright itself. It makes me wonder if you would have had the same reaction if it were McCain on the shirt. Anyway thanks for the post. I hope you and your family had a great time on your trip.:)

I love wearing "discussion" t-shirts to the parks. I've met tons of interesting people that way. When I'm at Disney later this month, I'll proudly wear my "Yes We Did" t-shirt with the Obama logo.

And I have no issue with the use of the Mickey ears and Obama logo as reported by the OP. Until Disney cracks down on ALL homemade t-shirts, there's no reason to single this one out.

I have seen church groups use the ears and icons to promote their pride in their religion - would you also tell them to "get a life...take a valium....put on a real Disney shirt..."??????
And what about that guy who does the Christian sky writing? Now that's intrusive!

FWIW, I do think that the people wearing the shirts should have been asked to turn them inside out as they were apparently not home made and a violation of Disney's copyright.

That T-shirt probably wouldn't offend me as much as someone's muffin top pouring over their pants/shorts:lmao:

And what about that guy who does the Christian sky writing? Now that's intrusive!

FWIW, I do think that the people wearing the shirts should have been asked to turn them inside out as they were apparently not home made and a violation of Disney's copyright.

Well that means the Disney homemade shirts are also a violation of Disney's copyright too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter