Obama’s African-American Heritage Still in Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before this thread gets to a second page (virtually eliminating any threat that a new reader will read my original post) I must state this:

My original post was satire. It was making fun of the "Obama is not a US citizen" threads that pop up every week.

I would think that reading the 'sevenly' points I made would have made it obvious (of course, several picked up on the satire immediately).

For those of you who have taken the thread 'seriously': you need help, seriously.

Wow, am I ever glad to read that~~~ sorry, sarcasm is my second language but it definitely loses translation when it's written!! :laughing:

I thought the Op was funny!! :rotfl2:

But the posts that followed...........OMG, hysterical. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

It really is a learning experience.

"What have you learned, Legalsea", said the Good Witch.

"Well, I've learned that a lot of people don't read anything more than the heading of a thread, and then post an opinion based solely on the heading. They will insult the original poster without a clue of what the poster was saying or trying to do. They then get insulted when it is pointed out to them that the original post was not what they thought, but was, in fact, a joke. Is that it?"

"That's all it is, Legalsea".

"Gosh, I should have felt it in my heart" said the guy in tin.

"I have should thought of it myself" said the walking mattress.

"I hope you burn in H*** for what the title of your thread said", said the grouchy cat.

It really is a learning experience.

"What have you learned, Legalsea", said the Good Witch.

"Well, I've learned that a lot of people don't read anything more than the heading of a thread, and then post an opinion based solely on the heading. They will insult the original poster without a clue of what the poster was saying or trying to do. They then get insulted when it is pointed out to them that the original post was not what they thought, but was, in fact, a joke. Is that it?"

"That's all it is, Legalsea".

"Gosh, I should have felt it in my heart" said the guy in tin.

"I have should thought of it myself" said the walking mattress.

"I hope you burn in H*** for what the title of your thread said", said the grouchy cat.
I read your post a couple times through, and I certainly don't think I insulted you, but you insulted me (& others) by saying that "we needed serious help", now that's an insult.

I read your post a couple times through, and I certainly don't think I insulted you, but you insulted me (& others) by saying that "we needed serious help", now that's an insult.

I agree. I read my post a couple of times through, and I do not see where you insulted me in my post.

Anyway, I said that those who only read the title of my thread and took said title seriously need help, seriously.

This is the third or fourth thread I've read today where obvious sarcasm was met with outrage.

It was witty, legalsea... I don't know how it all went so wrong so fast! :lmao:

This is the third or fourth thread I've read today where obvious sarcasm was met with outrage.

It was witty, legalsea... I don't know how it all went so wrong so fast! :lmao:

I thank you. I was just trying to have some fun.

We have learned, however, that some people simply do not read the actual posts, but only the thread title.

I mean, I expected either some :lmao: or else a 'not funny' remark. Never did I expect people to take the thread's title seriously.

Before this thread gets to a second page (virtually eliminating any threat that a new reader will read my original post) I must state this:

My original post was satire. It was making fun of the "Obama is not a US citizen" threads that pop up every week.

I would think that reading the 'sevenly' points I made would have made it obvious (of course, several picked up on the satire immediately).

For those of you who have taken the thread 'seriously': you need help, seriously.
Unfortunately, I've had to wade through so many of these that when I get to another one I read the first paragraph, maybe the last paragraph, then I skip on ahead so I can figure out what the OP was saying by what the responses are. Life's too short to actually read the entire 1st post of yet another, "Obama's not black" or "Obama's not an American Citizen" or "Obama came from outer space" post.

So, yeah....I skimmed. And yeah....I thought you were serious.

Sorry 'bout that. :flower3:

I believe your comment was meant for me. I did read your post & have encountered many people who have a strong belief-positive or negative on this president. Sometimes I'm not sure what people think -I commented on what I read & believed that you could have been just ranting -just annoyed at the many posts about him or really serious. Maybe you were being funny-but there were some that read it & thought otherwise- some even offended. Just responding to your post :)

Awfully tempted to post A Modest Proposal here, but the internet would probably blow up.

I don't think people are questioning whether or not he's African American just whether or not he's a NATURAL born citizen. Just b/c his mother was born in Kansas doesn't make him natural born here on American soil. I'm guessing here that the so called birth certificate from Hawaii is a copy of a live birth-not an original certified legal birth certificate. :confused3

I think it's a joke :thumbsup2 :rotfl2:

I have to remember that 50% or more of the adults on the DIS don't understand satire.

:rotfl:
Going to be real-hope it doesn't offend, not meant to,OP.
I admit when I first started reading I thought...what in the world. At your 3th point, well...I was wondering if you had inhaled, at pt. 5...I just figured you were drunk and had inhaled deeply. Then I started reading some of the other posts...and well, it was refreshing to find someone who believes in sharing.:lmao:

Once again, here is my original post (I want it on each page of this thread). It is a piece of satire. Maybe not great satire, but, I believe, obviously satire.

I am so tired of the ‘drive-in’ media reporting that President Obama is the “First African-American President of the United States of America”.

First, he was not the “First” President of the USA, regardless of his skin color. The “first” president of the USA was George Washington. I believe that we have had several others since then, so President Obama is certainly not the “first”. Look it up on Waikiki, which is a beach in Hawaii (that must be the smartest beach in the world, since so many people refer to it as being the source of their information; I am still saving up my money and questions so I can go someday).

Second, what proof is there that President Obama is “African-American”? I have personally not seen the birth certificate of President Obama’s father. So can anyone know where he was born? If I had not seen it, then no one has seen it. It is called ‘logic’.

I mean, he could well have been born in Fort Worth. I recall as a child seeing a man with dark skin, and it could have been him.

Third, his mother was born in KANSAS! Period! Hello?! Kansas is not in Africa, last I checked! I don’t even need to go to Waikiki to prove that! Just watch the Wizard of Oz! (I mean the one with the while people running around; not the movie called “Wiz” with the darker skin people running around. I admit, it is a bit confusing).

Fourth, “United States of America”. I mean, what does that mean exactly? United means ‘together’. Hello! Ever looked at Hawaii, where Waikiki is? No way can you call that ‘united’ with Kansas, or even with California! Look it up!

Fifth: I have momentarily forgotten what my fifth point was, so,

Sixthly: Don’t some of you find it suspicious that President Obama was ‘born’ in Hawaii, the location of Waikiki that so many people refer to? Talk about “united”!

Sevenly: the last time I looked, there was no ‘dash’ between Africa and United States of America! Hello! It is simply impossible to build a bridge between those two states. I believe Africa is to the east (or west) of Hawaii. Makes you think. Anyway, my point is that one cannot be a citizen of two different places. You can be a “Man without a Country” (I saw that on a book cover) but you cannot be “A Man with more than one Country”, no matter how many dashes you use.

I hope that I have shown how President Obama is not the ‘first African-American of the United States of America”. Last night during his speech someone should have stood up and told him so. But no, they were too busy clapping their hands or drinking.

I admit when I first started reading I thought...what in the world. At your 3th point, well...I was wondering if you had inhaled, at pt. 5...I just figured you were drunk and had inhaled deeply. Then I started reading some of the other posts...and well, it was refreshing to find someone who believes in sharing.:lmao:

Actually, drinking and inhaling deeply sound pretty good about now.

I wonder if it is 5 o'clock at Waikiki, the beach dictionary place?

About 15 years ago, I remember Roger Ebert leading a crusade against smileys, saying that they would cripple written communication. I thought he was exaggerating.

Sadly, he was right.

I thought she was on something.:rotfl:

Oh my hell, at first I thought this post was for real! Too funny! :worship: :rotfl2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter