Oasis of the Seas Deck plans posted

Hi Michele,

Nope I did not post this. I read it on CC as well, did not know if you had read it or not. I was just passing it on. Sorry
:rolleyes: I am glad to hear you did read the same thread. I too thought it would be a shame to let the TA's do that and not let anyone else do the same. Good luck on your cruise. Hope to see you on the Sept 11th cruise, that is the one you are going on isn't it. we have 2 weeks and 6 days to go..

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA NOW I see what you did. You told me you were going to post that thread...Duh....sometimes my mind is a little fried.

I was reading that thinking, "I didn't know Michelle was that poster on CC" :rolleyes1 I'm a dork. So, yes, I gotcha. Yes, I saw that post on the CC board. I read both religiously.

Yep, you and I are on the same cruise. :banana:

Cruisinmama....why did it NOT surprise me when I saw you on this thread?? LOL I didn't even know you were on the disboards. :cutie:

Booking for the rest of us C&A members opens up this Thursday. I can't wait to book! Going to book for Oc 9, 2010. I know I was on the list for the inaugural, as you were too Michelle, but looking at the prices changed my mind real quick! lol Besides, 10 more months gives us more time to pay it off! LOL:thumbsup2

Cruisinmama....why did it NOT surprise me when I saw you on this thread?? LOL I didn't even know you were on the disboards. :cutie:

Booking for the rest of us C&A members opens up this Thursday. I can't wait to book! Going to book for Oc 9, 2010. I know I was on the list for the inaugural, as you were too Michelle, but looking at the prices changed my mind real quick! lol Besides, 10 more months gives us more time to pay it off! LOL:thumbsup2

That inaugural date was just a horrible time to go. How can I go right before Christmas? That made it impossible for me. :sad2:

My next cruise is Wonder, so yes, I am on the DisBoards too. :thumbsup2

Tonight is the next reveal. So I guess I'll be on all night. :yay:

That inaugural date was just a horrible time to go. How can I go right before Christmas? That made it impossible for me. :sad2:

My next cruise is Wonder, so yes, I am on the DisBoards too. :thumbsup2

Tonight is the next reveal. So I guess I'll be on all night. :yay:

Me too! I am just sitting here waiting for the 8:30 presentation as we speak. Or, type. :cutie:

Well I got kicked out, the whole thing crashed and I missed it all. What are the other hoods?:eek: :confused:

Well I got kicked out, the whole thing crashed and I missed it all. What are the other hoods?:eek: :confused:

Oh that bites!

There is an AMAZING pool/sports deck. Two pool on either side of the ship, looking down to Central Park, and connected by a bridge. TWO FlowRiders, and each FlowRider is BIGGER than the ones on the Freedom Class ships.

The other new area is a HUGE spa area, complete with thermal suites, a bigger gym, and more aerobic studios.

The Solarium is now way in front of the ship, and COMPLETELY different looking than any one before. It's BEAUTIFUL! There's a cafe right there at the Solarium, and that whole area transforms into something different, for nighttime dining. Very cool!!!!! :cool1:

I am booked!!! WOOHOOO :banana: :banana: :banana:

The trade show announced bookings to be open for ALL C&A members.

I got Deck 14 - Center Hump Ocean Balcony :cool1: :yay: :dance3: We'll be on the 1/16/10 sailing.

check out cruisecheap.com...they have great pics and much better floor plan to view.

We are going June!

Can't wait:goodvibes

check out cruisecheap.com...they have great pics and much better floor plan to view.

We are going June!

Can't wait:goodvibes

Actually I think the floor plans on that site are wrong. I just looked at my D1 and it says "Holds up to 3 passengers"...well I have 4 booked into it. :confused3

RCCL hasn't actually released specific cabin details yet. So I don't know how they have them on that site.

I have been thinking about this all day! I don't know how I'm going to wait OVER two years?!?!!?! I have never booked this far out before. The last time I booked, it was 13 months out, and I thought THAT was a long time! :upsidedow

One of the ladies on our cruise thread is booked on the inaugural and she told me the website posted it so I was able to view it last night:yay:

I am so excited that they are building a dock at Labadee. It was by far the best port we have experienced. Not having to tender will be so nice.

Actually I think the floor plans on that site are wrong. I just looked at my D1 and it says "Holds up to 3 passengers"...well I have 4 booked into it. :confused3

RCCL hasn't actually released specific cabin details yet. So I don't know how they have them on that site.

I noticed that too.....ummmmm, I thought it was strange that RCCL didn't even have the details out yet! Don't they know WE are waiting:yay:

I really want to do this cruise as well, I have only been on one RCCL cruise- it was Grandeur of the Seas to Bermuda- I wasn't all that impressed- it was kind of small and older. I was gonna do Liberty or Independence, but now I want to do Oasis!! It looks awesome to me. We are doing DCL in 2009, we will probably do Oasis in late 2010 or 2011. Too long to wait!! LOL

I am so excited that they are building a dock at Labadee. It was by far the best port we have experienced. Not having to tender will be so nice.

I too enjoyed Labadee on my Mariner cruise but, I can not imagine the Oasis bringing that # of people there. :scared1:

Unless things have changed since 2004 I don't remember Labadee being all that big.

There are some things that seem cool about the Oasis but, for me I just don't see the point of taking a cruise for all that. That's just me. I thought the zip line looked a little silly in the video too :rotfl: It just goes across that hole on the pool deck :confused3 :laughing:

I like RCCL but, I think it will be a no for me on the Oasis class.

I didn't read entire thread, but vacationstogo sent me their cruise newsltr today, which I copied here below:

Last month, Royal Caribbean announced that reservations for their highly-anticipated Oasis of the Seas, slated to debut December 12, 2009, would open on September 3, 2008. The line has now announced early booking opportunities for members of their Crown & Anchor Society. Diamond and Diamond Plus members of the Crown & Anchor Society, which include passengers who have completed 10 or more cruises with the line, may reserve space effective immediately, while all other Crown & Anchor members may make reservations beginning Wednesday, August 27.

Crown & Anchor Society members who make their reservations between now and September 2 must place a deposit at the time of reservation and have the full names of all passengers in each cabin. No courtesy holds or name changes will be permitted.

Reservations for the general public are still slated to begin on September 3, 2008.

At 220,000 gross registered tons, the Oasis of the Seas will be the largest cruise ship in history, with 16 decks, 2,700 staterooms and a previously unimaginable passenger capacity of 5,400 guests. Additionally, the Oasis of the Seas will be the first ship to feature Royal Caribbean's new neighborhood concept, with seven distinct onboard areas including Central Park, Boardwalk and the Royal Promenade.

I AGREE! It will be so great to be able to get on & off the ship all day whenever we want without having to tender. :)

I really want to do this cruise as well, I have only been on one RCCL cruise- it was Grandeur of the Seas to Bermuda- I wasn't all that impressed- it was kind of small and older. I was gonna do Liberty or Independence, but now I want to do Oasis!! It looks awesome to me. We are doing DCL in 2009, we will probably do Oasis in late 2010 or 2011. Too long to wait!! LOL

Grandeur certainly is older and smaller....NOTHING at all like the bigger ships of the fleet. I've been on 2 small ones, the Nordic Empress and Enchantment of the Seas. They were both absolutely beautiful, but there is NO comparison (in my book) between them & the big girls. I love the big ships, they are even less crowded than the smaller ones, and have soooo much more to offer. :woohoo:

We have done the xmas cruise or nye cruise for the years RCCL opened up their first big ships - the navigator, voyager, blah blah..I think 4 or 5 of them in all..and while the xmas/nye itineraries are ALWAYS packed on cruise ships, I really never noticed any bigger of a crowd than I would have on a smaller ship because of the way the ship is laid out. Even in the lido deck buffet areas, they have so many stations I never felt like I was waiting in line for anything any longer than I would have.

Also, the big boulevard areas in the middle of the ship (which replace the atriums in the smaller cruise ships) are a nice change IMO. So if anyone is nervous about being on such a large ship, it is actually pretty similar to being on a smaller ship in terms of waiting in line, getting a deck chair, etc - but the "extras" are great!

We are booked on the voyager again in the summer for the med itinerary and while the ship is now a little bit older, we are looking forward to some of the "big ship" things that we have been missing while cruising on Princess for a few years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter