O/T Prayers and PD please! UPDATE!

catherine

<font color=red>Hey not fair, you guys already hav
I know this is of topic, but I wanted to post it on the WISH board and not on the community board!

My DD (7) was rushed to the hospital yesterday with suspected meningitis! She got up yesterday morning saying that she did not feel well. All of her symptoms pointed to meningitis, so we took her to A&E, I was half expecting them to say that I was wrong and that we should go home! However that was not the case, she was seen withing 5 minutes, within 10 minutes they were giving her intravenous antibiotics, she had an oxygen mask put on and we were loaded into an ambulance (our local hospital doesn't have a children's ward) and we were speeding down the motorway! Anyway she has been very poorly and has had to have neuro, blood pressure and pulse observations every hour! I stayed with her last night and tonight I am home with our other DD. It's so hard being away from the hospital and not knowing what is going on. We still don't know what the diagnosis is, we have to wait till Mon to get the results from the blood tests.

I've come to the WISH board because I know what a special group of people WISHers are! Please could you spare some prayers, PD, and good thoughts for my little girl, that she will make a full recovery from this.

Thank you all so much!

First of all I would like to thank you so much for all your prayers and good wishes, I really appreciate them! :goodvibes

Zo has been released from the hospital and is making a full recovery! :teeth: She is still not able to go out of the house until the weekend and the the paediatric outreach team are coming around to the house every day to check on her and give her IV antibiotics. We still don't know for sure what caused this, as the blood cultures have still not come back from the lab, But the important thing is that she is home and she is getting better! :love:

Catherine, prayers and PD :wizard: on their way for your DD, for you and for the rest of your family. Please keep us posted as to how she is doing. :grouphug:

Oh Catherine...Oh Catherine.

Hugs and prayers and positive thoughts for you and yours. Especially your daughter.

Please keep us updated :hug: :hug:

Catherine ~ Hope everything is ok with your DD. Please keep us posted. Sending some :wizard: for your DD and some :grouphug: for you.

Prayer and pixie dust from here too. I know how scary it is not to know what is wrong with your child. Keep us posted.

Your story gave me chills. I can't imangine what you are going through. Our thoughts and prayers are to you and your family. Best Wishes in this time of need. Hugs Kardiebelle

Catherine,

I'll definitely keep your daughter, along with you and your family, in my thoughts. Best wishes for a swift recovery! Please update us when you have a chance.

BTW, I don't blame you for avoiding posting this to the Community Board...

Hugs & Prayers for all of you! Please let us know her progress!

Catherine--
I am so sorry your daughter and your whole family are going through this. My prayers are with you.
Please let us know as soon as possible how she is doing.
:grouphug:
Cam

Catherine, how scary! I'll keep your daughter, her medical team and your family in my thoughts and prayers. I hope things are improving.

Best wishes for both you and your darling daughter, Catherine. My ds9 survived bacterial meningitis when he was three, and he's now a happy, healthy child. Please feel free to PM me anytime if you need to talk. I understand. :hug: :hug: :hug:

Catherine,

I am keeping you, your family and especially your DD in my prayers. I know how scary it is to have a child in the hospital. My DS was in the hospital when he was around 18 months with Rotavirus. Its horrible to watch them be so sick. Please know my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Catherine, how wonderful that your DD is home!! YAY!!! :Pinkbounc

For those who are curious, Catherine's update is at the bottom of her first post.

Continued prayers and best wishes for a speedy and full recovery! :goodvibes

Oh, Catherine, I'm so very, very glad that your dd is home and feeling better! :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes All my best wishes for her speedy recovery and continued good health! :hug: :hug: :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter