O/T-ish: Disney Disco Party

RoseBug

<font color=royalblue>I'm a Geordie, we don't own
Rosebug is having a disco for her birthday (easiest and cheapest way to do it now she is in school) and wants it to be Disney themed. I am not doing food as such - just hot-dogs and a slice of cake; and not doing big fancy party bags - just little paper sweetie bags with a disney tattoo and a lolly/small bag of sweets in. The disco guy is the party leader and will lead all the games etc. so Rosebug went to the pound shop yesterday and chose some Disney themed gifts for pass the parcel etc.

Any ideas of how I can make it more Disney themed? She wants a pink DLP castle cake with all the characters (we'll see - it may be the pink Princess castle cake from Tesco; as much as I would love to make her that one from the Disney eaglemoss cake book).

I don't want to spend a fortune on decorations etc.

Thank you!

Pound shop had fairy wands

EBay do cake toppers cld prob get Disney princess

Kids always love the glow sticks from poundland

Disco includes glow sticks for each child. :)

Not sure if I am going to do cupcakes (I have a pile of the Disney toppers in the cupboard as we quite frequently have to make themed cakes when Rosebug decides we are having a dress-up Disney day! ;) ) Although I could and put various different characters on?

I might make a sign for the hot-dog table linked to Mickey Mouse clubhouse? And/or ask the DJ to play this song just before he announces that the kids can eat?

Drinks I may make some Alice in Wonderland stickers saying "Drink Me"

I also have Disney stickers for the party bags - so I am not buying anymore bits (as lovely as fairy wands are) as there could be close to 40 kids!

I am VERY tempted to do a Disney photobooth area with Disney props on sticks for the kids to go and pull silly faces and get their photo taken - any suggestions for this?

I not much good with girl stuff any more .
Pixie dust on the tables, star shape biscuits with Glitter a few bowls of marshmallows about the place.
Lost after that.
Told you about the twins party it's super hero party I'm doing batman shaped sandwiches.
My friend doing cup cakes I've gone for the pop art flags to put in them so no cutting up a cake trying to keep it easy but stressing already
Xx

I not much good with girl stuff any more .
Pixie dust on the tables, star shape biscuits with Glitter a few bowls of marshmallows about the place.
Lost after that.
Told you about the twins party it's super hero I'm doing batman shaped sandwiches.
My friend doing cup cakes I've gone for the pop art flags to put in the so no cutting up a cake trying to keep it easy but stressing already
Xx

Batman shape sandwiches are cool! Pixie Dust is a grand idea - she had a Tink party last year and each child got a bag of Pixie Dust!

Marshmallows - fab idea!

I may well do cupcakes and have her main cake but keep that for her family tea party the next day and each child can take a cupcake instead!?

Found this idea for the hotdog table:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/114360894/hot-diggity-dog-bar-sign

I know you don't want to spend a lot but the women who's doing the boys party does Disney princess they Start at £50.
They look great on the website she lives next to the metrocentre.
we have spriderman and batman coming shhh don't tell :thumbsup2.

I will keep thinking for ideas for you as its all that's on my mind at min lol
that's what 'm doing cup cakes for boxes from poundland they defo have pink.

great idea for hot dogs !

Thanks!

Although I am still adamant I am not doing a buffet/food - I may do some little themed treats.

Thinking bowls of themed sweeties - such as yellow twizzlers (Rapunzels hair); green frogs (tiana); red jelly apples (snow white); marshmallows (snowballs/frozen).

I may also do a little area for the adults to get a cup of tea and piece of cake and theme this Alice in Wonderland?

And a sign for the door saying "Be our Guest" or similar?

Any other ideas?

I know it's not princess but what about cones ?
You could put them upside down on a tray lightning McQueen style with a Route 66 sign ?.
Cheapish to do.

X

I know it's not princess but what about cones ?
You could put them upside down on a tray lightning McQueen style with a Route 66 sign ?.
Cheapish to do.

X

Good idea!

I am also debating doing a pizza area (Rosebug doesn't like hotdogs) as this is easy enough; and calling it the pizza planet?!

Aww
Fab idea.
My ds1 always wanted to go to pizza plant ( paris one not great tho)
My lot not keen on hot dogs either.
I will keep thinking xx

Thanks!

Although I am still adamant I am not doing a buffet/food - I may do some little themed treats.

Thinking bowls of themed sweeties - such as yellow twizzlers (Rapunzels hair); green frogs (tiana); red jelly apples (snow white); marshmallows (snowballs/frozen).

I may also do a little area for the adults to get a cup of tea and piece of cake and theme this Alice in Wonderland?

And a sign for the door saying "Be our Guest" or similar?

Any other ideas?

I am also debating doing a pizza area (Rosebug doesn't like hotdogs) as this is easy enough; and calling it the pizza planet?!

I love these ideas!! They'd all be really good!

Chloe actually had a similar party last year it was a Disco/Brave theme! We had the disco and the person I booked played games with the children and for the Brave theme I made an archery board style cake, the invitations and party bags. In the party bags I put kit kats in but I made a Brave wrapper, I made Brave activity books and a small pack of pencils, I bought fairy cakes and put Brave rice paper pictures on top, they each got some bubbles and I made the wrapper for those and I got my friend to make some cake pops. They each had a little bag of pick 'n' mix. Loads of sugar for them all :rotfl2: It was really good (I think so anyway :rotfl:) and it didn't cost much at all. The year before she wanted a Wacky Warehouse party and a princess castle cake. I ended up making the cake too big, it was huge and took 2 days to make but that was all I was doing for her so it wasn't too bad really.

I love these ideas!! They'd all be really good!

Chloe actually had a similar party last year it was a Disco/Brave theme! We had the disco and the person I booked played games with the children and for the Brave theme I made an archery board style cake, the invitations and party bags. In the party bags I put kit kats in but I made a Brave wrapper, I made Brave activity books and a small pack of pencils, I bought fairy cakes and put Brave rice paper pictures on top, they each got some bubbles and I made the wrapper for those and I got my friend to make some cake pops. They each had a little bag of pick 'n' mix. Loads of sugar for them all :rotfl2: It was really good (I think so anyway :rotfl:) and it didn't cost much at all. The year before she wanted a Wacky Warehouse party and a princess castle cake. I ended up making the cake too big, it was huge and took 2 days to make but that was all I was doing for her so it wasn't too bad really.

Sounds awesome! I love kids parties! I am planning an Alice in Wonderland tea party for my 40th (in 5.5 years - got to take time to plan these things!)

Rosebug's party last year was Tinkerbell theme at softplay; but I deliberately didn't do much as it was on her actual birthday - party bags had little bags of pixie dust; personalised choc bars (like you had) Tinkerbell bracelets; glow sticks and Tink stickers!

Tink party by rosebug09, on Flickr

Year before that was pirates and princesses; she had a face painter; princess games; personalised party bags and themed food trays:

edit by rosebug09, on Flickr

420637_10150629819167597_1093112438_n by rosebug09, on Flickr

418137_10150629819422597_916391374_n by rosebug09, on Flickr

Sounds awesome! I love kids parties! I am planning an Alice in Wonderland tea party for my 40th (in 5.5 years - got to take time to plan these things!)

Rosebug's party last year was Tinkerbell theme at softplay; but I deliberately didn't do much as it was on her actual birthday - party bags had little bags of pixie dust; personalised choc bars (like you had) Tinkerbell bracelets; glow sticks and Tink stickers!

Tink party by rosebug09, on Flickr

Year before that was pirates and princesses; she had a face painter; princess games; personalised party bags and themed food trays:

edit by rosebug09, on Flickr

420637_10150629819167597_1093112438_n by rosebug09, on Flickr

418137_10150629819422597_916391374_n by rosebug09, on Flickr

Wow, I love those food trays! I just bought gold boxes, kind of like happy meal ones. I was lazy with the food, we could have had 50 children there altogether, in the end we had 35 but I didn't want to spend a fortune on food, especially as I wasn't sure how many were coming until the day before, people are not good at getting back to me when it comes to parties. So on the invitation I just put some options to chose from, they each had a bread roll with a filling, a packet of crisps, a piece of fruit and a mini chocolate. I just made extra in case, it made it much simpler for me. The party bags were the same ones you did for the princess and pirates ones except I put Brave characters on the front!

I really like the Tinkerbell party bags, especially the pixie dust! I bet the kids loved it, I do as an adult :rotfl:

Wow, I love those food trays! I just bought gold boxes, kind of like happy meal ones. I was lazy with the food, we could have had 50 children there altogether, in the end we had 35 but I didn't want to spend a fortune on food, especially as I wasn't sure how many were coming until the day before, people are not good at getting back to me when it comes to parties. So on the invitation I just put some options to chose from, they each had a bread roll with a filling, a packet of crisps, a piece of fruit and a mini chocolate. I just made extra in case, it made it much simpler for me. The party bags were the same ones you did for the princess and pirates ones except I put Brave characters on the front!

I really like the Tinkerbell party bags, especially the pixie dust! I bet the kids loved it, I do as an adult :rotfl:

Last year the soft play place did the food! Phew! Those trays I just made a batch of sandwiches; chicken goujons; sausage roll etc. Year before that I did the boxes like you did (was a Gruffalo theme). This is her first year in school so it has gone from 18 kids to a possible 35+ which is why I am doing hot dogs in buns (and possibly the pizza slices) as I am not faffing on with that many food boxes! :rotfl:

For the pixie dust I had bought tiny little green organza bags and filled them with edible glitter and sherbet! went everywhere! ;)

There's nothing wrong with pixie dust everywhere! :banana:

Are you going to make the cake from the baking magazine? That looks incredible. When Chloe had the castle one I just made it up, I made the easiest castle I could, I'd love to make something amazing but it never works out :lmao:

There's nothing wrong with pixie dust everywhere! :banana:

Are you going to make the cake from the baking magazine? That looks incredible. When Chloe had the castle one I just made it up, I made the easiest castle I could, I'd love to make something amazing but it never works out :lmao:

Am I hell! I could try... but I would end up going out and buying one! I am a good cook; but I cannot bake for toffee! I am asking someone to make the cake!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter