O...M... G... I can't believe I did it!

lazydazy8

DIS Veteran
... a Disney crazed friend and I just planned our first Mom's only trip to see The Mouse! Today, we booked the last weekend in March for us and two friends... I am so excited, but I feel guilty at the same time! My DD8 and DS6 would be so sad if they knew we were going.

The four of us all went together with our families just last November. We have all been feeling bummed that we weren't going back until next fall.

We're planning to do things that we probably wouldn't do with our families, like resort hop trying out the different bars and enjoy the different themes, sit by the pool without having to watch for our children's bobbing heads, and see the closing of the parks.

Anyone else ever taken a top secret trip without sharing it with their children? I'm sure I'll get over my guilt... :cutie:

Sound like a great trip planned & hope you enjoy it:thumbsup2 :yay: :yay:

I have made two just Mom trips in the past two years. We both have husbands who really don't care for Florida or Disney World, but we both love it. She has three children from 7 to 13 and my daughter is 4. We went this past October and stayed off site at Hilton Grand Vacation Club I Drive and in 2006 we stayed somewhere on 192 (?) in March/April. I new I didn't want to take my daughter until she was 5, so that is what I am doing this October/November. We are going for two weeks and staying at Orange Lake Country Club since my mother-in-law is an RCI member. When I went with a friend I didn't do all of the normal family things either. On this last trip we actually went to Universal and Islands of Adventure (new I wouldn't with DD), Typhoon Lagoon, DTD of course and spent a lot of time around the pool. On the previous trip we did go to Epcot, but besides that it was shopping and lounging around the pool. I think that we all need time to ourselves every once in a while, so don't feel guilty. I find that the trips with out my DH and DD are very inexpensive. I can go for a week and spend what we all would on a long weekend. I would love to stay on site as a Mom trip though!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter