NZ Earthquake tragedy

areweindisneyyet

DIS Veteran
To all our disboards friends across the ditch, I hope this finds you all safe along with all of those who you love and care about. Love thoughts and huge hugs being sent.:grouphug:

I hope that you and your loved ones are all safe!

The West Island is thinking of you...:hug:

Thankyou all for your messages. We work in Christchurch. My husband was in the CBD when the quake struck ( I was working out at the Airport). Just a terrifying experience. I don't know how Christchurch will ever recover.
We are at home today ( work and schood closed) but feel so helpless.

Thinking of you, Caroline. I am so glad to hear that you and your family are OK. I hope that all of your friends and other family members are too. If we can do anything, please let us know.

Glad to hear that you a safe. After being in the recent flash floods I totally get the feeling of shock, helplessness and that life will never me the same. Life is slowly going back to normal with a few visual reminders. I can see that for you the visual reminders will take a lot longer to put back together. Stay safe and sending love

Thankyou all for your messages. We work in Christchurch. My husband was in the CBD when the quake struck ( I was working out at the Airport). Just a terrifying experience. I don't know how Christchurch will ever recover.
We are at home today ( work and schood closed) but feel so helpless.

How scary, I am very glad to hear you and your family are ok.

Thinking of all of our NZ cousins, hope everyone is safe.

We are in Wellington, the N.Z. city that has always been expected to be the one (and still might I guess) to be hit by a big earthquake and suffer the kind of devastation that Christchurch has had. For years we have been drilled to be prepared with our earthquake survival kits and earthquake plans. Our children regularly have earthquake drills at school and we do them at home too, mainly to simulate one in the night time. We all lie on our beds and then DH and I yell "Quake, Quake" at the top of our lungs so the girls jump out of bed and run to brace themselves in their door frames. Therefore it seems so surreal that it is Christchurch that has been hit by this tragedy and we are so terribly sorry for them.

My sister and her family live there and thank God they are all safe but this time their house is badly damaged. So they are currently on route to us and will be departing on the Picton to Wellington ferry in about 10 minutes. They (2 adults, 3 children, their dog and their cat) will arrive here at 1.30 am and get to us about 2 am. My sister is terrified of boats but is desparate to leave Christchurch so is getting on it. I will just be so relieved to see and hug them :grouphug:

We are in Wellington, the N.Z. city that has always been expected to be the one (and still might I guess) to be hit by a big earthquake and suffer the kind of devastation that Christchurch has had. For years we have been drilled to be prepared with our earthquake survival kits and earthquake plans. Our children regularly have earthquake drills at school and we do them at home too, mainly to simulate one in the night time. We all lie on our beds and then DH and I yell "Quake, Quake" at the top of our lungs so the girls jump out of bed and run to brace themselves in their door frames. Therefore it seems so surreal that it is Christchurch that has been hit by this tragedy and we are so terribly sorry for them.

My sister and her family live there and thank God they are all safe but this time their house is badly damaged. So they are currently on route to us and will be departing on the Picton to Wellington ferry in about 10 minutes. They (2 adults, 3 children, their dog and their cat) will arrive here at 1.30 am and get to us about 2 am. My sister is terrified of boats but is desparate to leave Christchurch so is getting on it. I will just be so relieved to see and hug them :grouphug:

Wishing them safe travels to you, being able to give them a hug will be a wonderful feeling I am sure. I lived in Wellington for 12 months and remember the earthquake drills. It is just so sad. Love to your family and I hope that there lives get back on track as quickly as possible.:hug:

Caroline NZ, glad to hear that you are safe. To all our other NZ friends, my thoughts are with you and family.

Ok also here in CHCH. I was lucky, as were my family, friends and workmates lost their homes. I don't know of anyone directly that has died but they have only released 6 names so far. I know people who know someone that is missing.

Also for anyone in a quake zone - there is no way you can get to a door frame in a big quake - the doorframe thing might work in a small quake but when the earth is moving with twice the speed of gravity its simply impossible - its STOP DROP and HOLD. You are more likely to injure youself trying to move to "safety".

If an earthquake occurs in bed, at night, you curl up and shove your head under the pillow. If we had to get out of bed with every quake, we'd never get to lay down LOL

4500+ earthquakes since Sept, 28 in the last 24 hours... 1 since I started typing this post :rotfl2:

And for goodness sake, have a survival kit!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter