NYE still available

TIdoublegaER

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
DH and I decided that we needed to go to WDW over New Years and had no problem getting NYE at BCV in a 1 bdr. We will be checking in on NYE and staying through Monday.

MS stated that BCV was close to being sold out for that time, but OKW and VWL were wide open - didn't ask about BWV. I was quite surprised by this since I have read on these boards that this is a very popular time of year and expected everything to be booked already.

Very Interesting.

We did reserve BWV 1-B/R standard view at the 11 month mark (actually my brother's points).

I'll bet the standard views are all gone by now.

I'm also a little surprised that there was still availability for NYE, but I'm sure delighted for you! :D

I'm still waiting for my waitlist to come through for NYE in a standard 2BR at BWV. I got all the surrounding nights, but had to waitlist the 31st. Keeping my fingers crossed...

I'm also on the waitlist for a BWV two bedroom for NYE. All of the following nights were available through the weekend, but not NYE. I did book a 1 bdrm though as a backup which was available for the whole trip. Depending on how the list goes, someone may get luckky if I have to cancel the 1bdrm when the 2 bdrm comes in.

-Wayne

travelbug-
I am also on the waitlist for a 2 bdr std for NYE and have all the other nights I needed from 12/27 to 1/3. I am hoping that even if waitlist doesn't come through for NYE that we don't have to move just for one night in the middle of our vacation week.

Hi, missyndda! Let's wish both of us the best of luck getting our waitlist requests. And how about the sooner the better, to take away the suspense factor?? ;)

Last year, I also had to waitlist NYE. It came through right after the 7-month window passed for that date. Evidently some people switched to other resorts when their 7-month window rolled around. I'm hoping that the same thing happens this year too. :D

Just booked 12/28 - 12/31 preferred view studio at BWV. Got on the waitlist for 12/31 - 1/2. Hope it comes in. MS did say that there were still "quite a few" 1BR preferred units available for that whole week (including 12/31 - 1/1). Very strange, indeed.

I can only assume that the war and economic uncertainty has something to do with this. Of course I am thrilled that we were able to get reservations and I get to spend my birthday at WDW!! When DH brought up the idea of going over the holidays, I told him he was nuts for thinking we could get a room.

I hope the waitlist comes through for everyone else!

For those on a wait list for a standard view for New Year's eve only:

This past New Year's that was our situation as well. We were booked for a week in a 2BR standard view at the BWV except for New Year's eve. It seems a lot of people only book for one or two nights to be at WDW for New Year's. They called me the day after I checked in and told me that I wouldn't have to move but had to come up to the front desk, check out and check back in again on that day. They told me that instead of moving me for one night. they upgraded someone else and gave them the preferred view for that time. It worked out well for everyone. I even received extra days of house-keeping for free.

So there is hope that you won't have to move.

HBC

Hi, HBC. That really turned out great for you, and sounds like everyone involved was probably happy. :D

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I am lucky enough to get NYE to come through --- one way or another!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter