NYE Questions and Strategy

Neverland98

Mouseketeer
Howdy!
My DH, DS (15), DS (14), and D (12) will be starting our AP's over New Year's. We are splurging with a stay at Beach Club so we can have walking access to 2 parks during this crowded time. Our trip is 12/30 - 1/2. It will be our first trip to the World over NYE but we had AP's 2015-2016 when we first moved to FL, so we are familiar with the parks. We know we can't "Do It All" so this trip is focused on Christmas, NY, and just being back in the Disney parks (which is the best part!
My questions:
1. Will the Christmas decor still be up at the parks and resorts? When will it come down?
2. Best park for NYE? I saw lots of EPCOT recommendations and to avoid the chaos of MK. What about DHS? Will it have a spectacular fireworks show or anything special/festive? Will DAK be closing earlier in the evening and not be open until midnight?
3. Does EPCOT stay "relatively" family-friendly even on NYE? Not looking for "sobriety among all", but don't want to be in a sea of wasted adults with three tweens/teens. NEVER have we found it to be an issue on other nights or even during F&W but I totally understand that drinking and NYE tend to go together, so I expect a sharp uptick. Just wanted to be sure it is still good for families.

TIA for any advice!

1a. Will the Christmas decor still be up at the parks and resorts?
1b. When will it come down?
2b. Best park for NYE? I saw lots of EPCOT recommendations and to avoid the chaos of MK.
2b.What about DHS? Will it have a spectacular fireworks show or anything special/festive?
2c. Will DAK be closing earlier in the evening and not be open until midnight?
3. Does EPCOT stay "relatively" family-friendly even on NYE?

1a. Yes.
1b. Some will disappear the first week in Jan. Some will stay until about Jan. 10-14.
(It can change yearly due to timing of school vacations and the Marathon.)
2a. Epcot is traditionally the go-to park for NYE.
2b. There will be plenty of guests at DHS. Nothing compared to Epcot and MK.
2c. Pandora is too new to predict. RoL may run a late show. There will be plenty of guests at DAK. Nothing compared to Epcot and MK.
3. Yes. "Relatively" being the operative word.

Last edited:
What Robo said:D We went last year for the first time and stayed at Beach Club. We had a great time. Did Epcot on NYE. I would do it again in a heartbeat. The only thing that you might miss out on is if they do the Epcot Holiday stuff again. That stopped before the 31st. If it's still going on the 30th and you can get over there, it was really cool.

I'm the wierdo that likes to be in MK on NYE, and yes, it's very crowded! The typical crowd rating of 11 (out of 10) doesn't begin to describe how busy it is. But there's something fun about just being there, having no plans, and seeing where the "crowd surfing" takes you during the day. It is difficult to find a straight line from point A to point B, but you'll eventually make it to point B.

I like the special countdown fireworks that MK has to ring out the year, and there's just something about the energy of saying goodbye to the old year, and hello to the new year.

MK is a madhouse, but go in expecting that, and it's not so bad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter