nye park closing due to capacity

DizMom11

Dear Hayel, Sara, and Michael, Please have patienc
I know wdw has several times had to close it's park due to capacity limit. We are planning a quick last minute trip to Universal 12/30 - 1/2, stayin at the RPR. Do Universal parks close on these high volume times also? Is there any advantage staying onsite if the parks do close early? Thankspaw:

Neither park has closed due to reaching Capacity. Ever.

There will be long lines, even if you stay onsite. Still, it's a very festive time. IMO, NYE is the BEST (despite the insane amounts of people) day to work at/play at the parks.

I know wdw has several times had to close it's park due to capacity limit. We are planning a quick last minute trip to Universal 12/30 - 1/2, stayin at the RPR. Do Universal parks close on these high volume times also? Is there any advantage staying onsite if the parks do close early? Thankspaw:

Don't know if they ever had to close due to capacity but the advantage to staying onsite is that if it does happen then your so close that most likely you will already be in the park and a big plus is the front of line passes that you get when you stay onsite that when wait times are long you will be able to get on the rides faster than just waiting around cause when the lines get to be 45 to 60 mins long your glad you have them.:thumbsup2

Thanks for the info. It puts my mind at rest! We were thinking of doing one day at WDW, but probably won't now.:cool2:

Thanks for the info. It puts my mind at rest! We were thinking of doing one day at WDW, but probably won't now.:cool2:

your welcome glad we were able to help and have a great time:thumbsup2

Hey Judy-from-Boise...we are from Boise as well and on our way to RPR and Universal (and then to WDW) on 1/1-1/3! Go Boise State Broncos!!!
KC

We have been there on nye and they actually want to go over capacity. A few years ago when we went, they were about 6,000 over capacity. I don't think they really care. Better for all of us:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter