NYE Illuminations

nonzerosum

DIS Veteran
This year will be our first NYE at WDW and we would like to see Illuminations. Does anyone know if the show at 6pm is typically the same as the 11:40 show? Also, any tips on viewing spots. Thanks!

Peace on Earth Christmastime version for early showing, New Year's Eve version for later version.

Many excellent viewing spots. I like the area between Mexico and Norway. Promenade area is wide and not too congested. As long as you have a view of the center of the lagoon, hopefully without the several islands blocking any of your view, you will be fine. One important point is to not be downwind of the wind. There is a lot of smoke heading your way if you are. Enjoy.

Loved it. Did this 3 years ago. Just prep yourself for a long wait to get out of parks. I had my car and was parked way up in front since I got there at 9am. It took over 2 hrs just to get out of the parking lot!!! I sat right up in front between the 2 stores where the WS begins. I staked my spot out pretty esrly to get that section.

They're both beautiful and worth seeing if you can. Peace on Earth and the countdown are both outstanding. Outstanding.

Is there a big difference other than time of day and levels of intoxicated prople? I will be in epcot for nye starting at park opening and wondering how much we will miss if we bail after the early set

Last year's late presentation

Earlier presentation

WOW. JUST WOW. Thank you for posting those. We will definitely be staying for the later presentation. Assuming we will need to camp out all day for a good spot? Adding a blanket to my park bag.

I'll be there too. Also wondering about how early to park it. I'm happy to sit for a long time and save spots for my family but not sure if people get really pissy about that. I'm really short so it's hard for me to see anything otherwise.

We usually skip Illuminations, and when we do see it, we seem to pick bad viewing spots.

We did it a bunch of years ago. This personally was my worse of the three New Years I spent at Disney. To get a normal view for it we had to sit at 9! Sucked. I think we ended up just sitting that early cause you couldn't walk anymore by 9 so it was either sit and wait or push through people. The other two times that we spend New Years at Disney we went to narcoossee's for their party and the other year I totally forgot what we did. The fireworks were awesome but oh man the people and the wait.

I was there last year and will be there this year again! I got a spot around 10:30 and was fine! I enjoyed all the DJs in the different countries and then decided to get a spot around then by italy. It was such a great experience

I'll be there for New Years as well. We'll do MK on Dec 30th to see the New Year's Eve fireworks then, then do Epcot on NYE. I couldn't fathom getting a spot and waiting 2+ hours. We'll probably walk around all the countries, check everything out, then grab a spot to view them over in the Canada/UKish area around 10:30/11ish. With how much room Epcot has, there's so many good spots to view

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter