NYE dessert parties - anyone booked?

bookbabe626

DIS Veteran
So, the helpful folks at the call centre claim that NYE (and Dec 30) are completely sold out for both the Wishes and Illuminations dessert parties. I've been checking every few days from my 180, and I've never seen them listed as an option for those dates (calendar has never been highlighted). My theory (hope?) is that the call centre CMs are wrong, and that the parties or whatever else for those nights just hasn't been released yet. (Looking at the weird delays in releasing dates for the Star Wars one as my inspiration)

So, does anyone on the DIS have or know someone who has an actual ADR for either fireworks dessert party for either night? If it was really bookable at some point, there's gotta be someone here with a reservation, right?

Huh interesting that you got told that. When I called to ask about the dual seating and inquire about the sale they said they wouldn't know much until the end of the month. Planning to call today actually and ask. Be interesting to see what story I'll get this time.

Update: Two phone calls later and what I know is that while it's listed on the website it's not available for booking. So keep checking back.

We went to the dessert party last year for new years eve. I started checking reservations 180 days out with no luck. i called and they would say they were booked. The reservations finally opened up in late november. I believe i booked it the night before Thanksgiving. Just keep checking We never would have been able to see the fireworks that night without the desert party. Magic kingdom was packed on main street.

Update: Two phone calls later and what I know is that while it's listed on the website it's not available for booking. So keep checking back.

It's the first time I've noticed the 30th & 31st highlighted in blue though - earlier this month, they've been greyed out. Here's hoping that booking will be available soon.

Last year reservations opened on Nov 26 for both 12/30 & 12/31 @ MK. I found out on here first thing in the morning and was able to get 12/30 with no problem.

Yeah, I noticed the dates highlighted for the first time this morning, just after seeing the blog article about the two options for the parties. This is so frustrating. I don't want to have to check daily, but I feel like that's going to be the only option. Why does Disney force us to stalk the website continually in order to make decent plans?

Just checked the website again today and noticed that Wishes has now listed two times per night for the 30th & 31st December - 6.15pm and 10.45pm. Neither is bookable (yet) though.

Just checked the website again today and noticed that Wishes has now listed two times per night for the 30th & 31st December - 6.15pm and 10.45pm. Neither is bookable (yet) though.

As a compulsive availability checker, I can now advise that a whole bunch of dates are now greyed out - including the 30th & 31st December. :mad:

Thought it would be worth posting since I know I wasn't the only one looking. Just booked the 11:00 party for New Years Eve. Both parties for that night are showing availability when I checked a minute ago.

Finally! I'm now booked for the 30th. Thanks to everyone who's been checking too. Now I can start to obsess over FastPasses instead of the dessert party. :-)

I've been checking daily for a month and was finally able to book this morning! I'm curious as to whether the Garden Viewing spots will become available at a later date or if they've already been offered and reserved.

I just saw this and checked it out. It would be about $400 for my family of 5. We have never attended a dessert party. Is it worth it? Is the view that great of the fireworks? If I am going to try it, December 30th would be a good time to do it since MK will be so crowded...

I was just on and was able to book - not sure $80/pp is worth it to us, but I'm going to book just in case.

I just saw this and checked it out. It would be about $400 for my family of 5. We have never attended a dessert party. Is it worth it? Is the view that great of the fireworks? If I am going to try it, December 30th would be a good time to do it since MK will be so crowded...

I think "worth it" is discretionary. We did a dessert party once when they first introduced it. It was nice, just not great to us. We are also a family of 5 - $400 for dessert isn't worth it to us. I thought maybe it would be "worth it" to make sure we have a good spot see the fireworks, but we have ADR at Spirit of Aloha for 8:15. With that said - even the 11:00 is pushing it to get there - IF we didn't get turned away from the park!

Thought it would be worth posting since I know I wasn't the only one looking. Just booked the 11:00 party for New Years Eve. Both parties for that night are showing availability when I checked a minute ago.
Thank you very much for the heads up! Booked online for 12/30 @ 11:00pm, no problem.

Interested in this in preparation for 2017! I am 435 days out. Never too early to plan right?

Would be interested possibly in EPCOT.

I see that is not currently available. Wondering if it sells out that quickly, not open for booking yet, or just not something scheduled for NYE in EPCOT

Some have mentioned they could make a reservation 180 days out starting in July, but I’m skeptical as this is a prepaid event and they never seem to have a ticket price at this time. For the last several years the main block of seats have become available in October and November; 5 to 10 weeks out versus the Disney standard of 24. I’m not sure why Disney holds back. Lots of speculation. I hear whispers of staffing issues during the holidays with younger cast members. Tokyo Disneyland has VIP seating at New Years, but for real life celebrities.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter