NYE at Universal?

penlanspice

Addicted 2 disney
Whats New Years Eve like at Universal? Do the parks get like Disney? Do they get to capacity? or should we not even consider it?

Thanks

Sam

I have never been to NYE at Universal, once at disney has scared me off from holidays at theme parks forever. I have heard that the crowds get insane the further the night goes on. I am not sure if the parks are open all night or not either....but this past year they did have a huge party with Cyndi Lauper that was an extra ticket. But you did get food, and you could even pay a little more and get drinks as well.

NYE is one of the most fun days at Universal. Everyone has that energy about them--employees and guests.

After a certain time, the music in the parks changes from its standard fare to a more party-ish kind. There are also DJ booths set up, party favors handed out, etc.

Crowd-wise, it's horrific. NYE is one of the busiest days of the year, with more and more people coming in as the night goes on. Lines stay at a constant 45-90+ min from 11a-11p. The parks usually stay open until 1a. Citywalk has a special live performance. As yaytez said, Cyndi Lauper was there last year.

But of course! IOA, CW, and USF have synchronized fireworks, similar to they have on 7/4.

Also, many of the people that live near get a free fireworks show. They just pull their cars along the side of the roads and watch. This does create horrific traffic...

I think NYE is the busiest day we have experienced at Universal. It doesn't come close to Christmas at Magic Kingdom.

From what I've seen on these boards, the morning at the parks is fine.

It's the night time events (especially Citywalk) that get packed beyond belief. You need tickets to attend the NYE party at Citywalk.

Honestly, if I was going for NYE, I'd visit the parks early in the morning, then go back to the onsite hotel room for the afternoon. I'd hang out at the pool and then walk along the walking path to the bridges leading to Citywalk and watch from there.

Bumping this, as i am now semi-planning a NYE trip too :)

I think our game plan would be a lot like robvia just suggested, and i would book pool view at HRH.

Our other choice would be Thanksgiving, but it would require my DD missing s few days of HS, so unless NYE is horrible, I would prefer that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter