NYE ADR - Need expert advice!

T Morrows Child

<font color=red>Dis Dads #596<br><font color=peach
Hello, everyone!

We are at BCV from Dec 29 through Jan 4, so I'm 2 days away from being able to make my restaurant reservations.

Can I get opinions about where to dine for dinner on New Years Eve? We are not yet sure whether we'll make that a park day or just enjoy recreation at the resort . . . but I'm thinking that we'll eat at a non-park restaurant in either case.

So, what would you do? We won't have a rental car (but I'm not afraid of taxi service). There will be 6 of us, and I'm looking first and foremost around the Epcot Resort area.

Thanks!

I think first you need to decide if you are going to spend NYE in a park or not. It's not exactly one of those days you can just wing, IMO. You may have a tough time trying to get into a park later on the 31st. Also, what makes up your party of 6? Is it mostly adults? Mostly kids?

My wife (just my girlfriend at the time) and I spent NYE 08 into 09 at EPCOT. We went to Biergarten for dinner at around 8:15 or so. I think the festive atmosphere of the restaurant really added to the festiveness of the night as a whole. After dinner we found a spot in Germany to bring in the new year.

EPCOT ran IllumiNations at about 7:30 that night, but I can't remember if it was just the normal IllumiNations or if it was the NYE version. Also, MK runs it's NYE Wishes the night before, which is cool. It gives you a chance to bring in the new year at 2 different parks.

I understand that NYE is one of the few times that it is easiest for families to take vacations. However, with the crowds and costs of being there at that time, it would seem like kind of a waste to be in WDW for NYE and then not spend that night celebrating in a park. Just my opinion. :goodvibes

We arrive NYE; staying at BWV. For us the day to make ADR's is July 4. After much debate, we settled on Cape May. As for the parks being closed for entry, we'll take the risk. Not planning on MK NYE; EPCOT or DHS. I can't fathom staying in the parks for 15+ hours.

With EPCOT resorts, all our NYE plans are within walking distance! Excited!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Thanks for the replies!

Good advice, and good follow-up questions.

6 people - me + wife (mid-40s), stepson (14), daughter (9), sister (early 40s), and my mother (70).

In our original itinerary, NYE was going to be a day off because of crowd levels, etc. Plus, I always schedule in at least one off day because we love resort hopping and lounging as a nice break in our park touring mix.

But now my mother and sister are coming. That changed things up because my sister wants to do parks, but my wife and I probably won't. SO, I was thinking that it could work if I make a restaurant choice in the BW area so that we can all meet up and those who are doing parks can duck back into Epcot.

Too risky?

Il Mulino-it's not on the Dining plan but, it's unbelievable Italian food...to die for!!!!

Ooh, good to know . . . I forgot about there . . .

(Not on the Dining Plan, so options are wide open!)

If I do end up in a park, I might look at eating there instead of Cape May on our arrival night . . .

Without reading all of the PPs....

If you want to go to a park that day, you need to decide now. Parks can get full, and if that happens, they will not let you in - Even if you have a reservation. I would suggest getting to the park of choice no later than noon, and if its MK, maybe even earlier than that. And be prepaired to be in wall to wall people - It gets PACKED!
If your able to deal with that (the year we did it, we got to super Epcot early, and had 5pm ADRs at Coral Reef. We never made it - To many people for me to take. I canceled that day, and early enough for someone else to snag it up!), then I would choose a restaurant in a park where you know you can spend the entire day without getting bored. That is why I chose Epcot - So much to do, and nice areas to sit and rest if you so choose.

As for the restaurant.... Of course you need to think of what your dining preferences are, but I would choose a place that you can see the firework show from. Maybe Rose & Crown or I think you can see it from one of the restaruants in Japan.

Just make sure to get yourself on the computer RIGHT AT 6AM to make that ADR because you, and everyone else in the world is going to want one!!! :) Have a great trip!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter