NYE 2012 Help!!

MrJames

Earning My Ears
The family and I are landing in Orlando on New Years Eve in the late afternoon and don't plan on entering the parks that night.

So here is the plan-

Check-In, get settled, Dinner at Ohana, take in the 8:30 Fireworks and the electrical water pagent from the beach at the polly, then...............

I'm stuck!!! Where is the best place to be at midnight without going into the parks????

Thanks for everyones help

The family and I are landing in Orlando on New Years Eve in the late afternoon and don't plan on entering the parks that night.

So here is the plan-

Check-In, get settled, Dinner at Ohana, take in the 8:30 Fireworks and the electrical water pagent from the beach at the polly, then...............

I'm stuck!!! Where is the best place to be at midnight without going into the parks????

In no particular order-

Boardwalk, Downtown Disney, your room.

MrJames said:

So here is the plan-

Be warned that there are reports of the Poly not allowing non-guests view fireworks on the big nights (NYE and July 4th). Who knows if this will be substantiated, or how strictly it will be enforced as it is really just rumor and hear say, but I would just be prepares. Hopefully the only issue would be for the midnight fireworks.

As far as midnight, what kind of atmosphere are looking for? Will you have kids with you? Which resort are you staying in? Robo pretty much gave the options, so to narrow it down, we need more info. :)

Be warned that there are reports of the Poly not allowing non-guests view fireworks on the big nights (NYE and July 4th).

This tall tale gets circulated every year, sad to say.

It is not true.

We're staying at AKL, and we will have our kids with us. We're flying in from the west coast that afternoon so they will feel like it's 9. As far as atmosphere, It's our first day there and our kids first trip to DW so I'd like it to be memorable and a huge kick off to the week. (vague I know)

We're staying at AKL, and we will have our kids with us. We're flying in from the west coast that afternoon so they will feel like it's 9. As far as atmosphere, It's our first day there and our kids first trip to DW so I'd like it to be memorable and a huge kick off to the week. (vague I know)

Sorry, but if you won't be in the parks on NYE, you won't find anything of any consequence suitable for the whole family that runs past 10pm, or so.

Bars are really all that are open really late at DTD and Boardwalk.
Jellyrolls (Boardwalk) is an over-21 bar.
Atlantic Dance (Boardwalk) is a video disco place
(and I don't know what it will be like on NYE, especially regarding kids.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter