• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Nyc!

DisneyGirl421

<font color=blue>Future Broadway Star!<br><font co
My dad surprised me and my sister on friday with tickets to see 42nd Street on Sunday! It was AWESOME! I luv that show!

We went into the city, went to Colony Music (HUGE sheet music store), then to St Pats, and Rockefeller Center (got teusher chocolates! YUMMY!), then went to the 55th street Disney Store that they turned into a World of Disney. (it was HUGE!.. but now as big as the one in WDW)

Then to the show! and i saw the Naked Cowboy! lol it was great!

i loved "42nd Street." Such a great show! I just saw it last year.

I remember seein the Naked Cowboy in Times Square when i went a few years ago. And then one day a few months later I was flipping through the channels when I saw him on TRL and I was like "OMG I saw him!"

I love NYC and I can't wait until I go again this year to see "The Lion King."

That's so cool! NYC is awesome. I got my picture taken with the Naked Cowboy LOL

I'm going to NYU in the fall! I just got my acceptance packet today. I'm soo excited!

ashley

Originally posted by Wick
i live here.. after a while its not all its cracked up 2 b
I dunno, I disagree. I take advantage of as much of what the city offers as I can. There's so much to do-theatre, Central Park, museums, restaurants, the village, shopping, people watching, parades, festivals, open dance studios, etc...

Ashley, you will love NYU, its a great school, and very close to a lot of great stuff. Just take advantage of everything you can! There are a lot of things to do in the city that are free-let me know if I can help you out w/anything

Originally posted by Manda1219

Ashley, you will love NYU, its a great school, and very close to a lot of great stuff. Just take advantage of everything you can! There are a lot of things to do in the city that are free-let me know if I can help you out w/anything

I was looking at your profile... were you a former KRU employee? I worked there until the store closing in January... (unless KRU stands for something other than Kids R Us! lol)

Ashley

Originally posted by ashlet

I was looking at your profile... were you a former KRU employee? I worked there until the store closing in January... (unless KRU stands for something other than Kids R Us! lol)

Ashley

YUP! Former KRUer here! I was there for 2 1/2 years before the closing...I actually read the store was closing in the paper before hearing it from the managers :eek:

I saw it on the news before I heard from my managers... wonderful, huh?

I worked there for a year and 1/2.

Originally posted by ashlet
I saw it on the news before I heard from my managers... wonderful, huh?

I worked there for a year and 1/2.

Not to hijack the thread....lol...
What'd you do there? I was service, floor, cashier, and EMT...funfun lol I miss it there

im from staten island and i think that manhattan is awesome. unfortunately i have to move to florida in a few months. :(

I am from Staten Island and I have lived here all my life.

I can honestly say I never get sick of going to Manhattan or some of us call it the City. I make it a point to do at least one broadway show a year and in the summer time visit the village as much as possible. After all Times Square is the crossroads of the world.

Enjoy your time in NYU and enjoy the best city in the world.

:wave: :D

Wow! Two other Staten Islanders? hmmmmm...Maybe we need a Staten Island thread...

Originally posted by Manda1219
Not to hijack the thread....lol...
What'd you do there? I was service, floor, cashier, and EMT...funfun lol I miss it there

either customer service desk or floor/cashier, depends on what my manager scheduled me on and who else was working.

I live in NYC! Time Squar is, ok. It's amazing in the right area's though. The Toys R' US is amazing.

Yeah the Toys R Us in Times Square is awesome! We didn't get a chance to walk around it much, but we did see the ferris wheel inside of it. FAO Schwartz is pretty cool too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter