• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

NYC Marathon

I'm in! Beyond excited...this is one marathon I'm actually looking forward to train for :)

Just got the official email...I'm IN! Ran last year as my first - finished, but did not do as well as I would have liked. I had a knee injury that plagued me throughout training so I didn't get in as many miles as I should have - and then the injury flared up again at mile 8 during the race (o course after cooperating throughout my taper)

I'm totally amped now to train my little butt off this summer and giving it my all and (hopefully) beating last's year time by a nice chunk

I will be running the Pittsburgh Marathon in a week and a half. My current plan is to work on speed during June and then start training in July. I made reservations as so as I got in- it has been year since I have been there!

Alas... I didn't get in either. :rolleyes:

But next year will be the magical 4th year so I am running it in November 2012! :cool1::dance3::woohoo::cheer2:

Best of luck to all those who made it in this year! Happy Training! :thumbsup2

getting so close to race day - only two more weeks left before i start tapering! ran my second 20 miler this past weekend and feeling pretty good.

anyone else getting amped up?

I will run my last 20 miler on Friday- a week early because I will be in WDW when I am suppose to run it! Hopefully, a longer taper will not effect me too much. My training has been slow this time, so I dropped all time expectations and just want to enjoy it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter