NYC here we come....tips and advice!!!

Well dang! That Highline sounds great! I missed that.

I just got back on Thursday this week.

Everyone gave such great advice I searched through old threads.
I did a hop on hop off bus tour the first time I went. Loved it.

Toy RUs is awesome in Times Square.
Eat a Carmine's but make sure to make a reservation. It is busy. It is near where the Lion King is.

Also I loved the Trinity Church across from the 911 memorial. The history of George Washington really touched me.

The Intrepid was amazing and seeing the Enterprise was great. Although you just see it. No walking through.

Have a fantastic trip

Depending on what you plan on doing the newyorkpass.com can be a great deal and has some front of the line access included. I think the inside of ST Patrick's Cathedral is beautiful and worth a looking at even if your not Catholic (I'm not).

If you go to the USS Intrepid and have kids say preschool to elementary age have them wear/bring closed toe shoes. There was some climbing sculpture thing in the interactive area my kids couldn't do because they were wearing sandals.

which one? there are LOTS!!!
The Met has cool stuff for guys and kids-like Horses with full set of armor and a rebuilt Egyptian temple ( but my fave is the Impressionists)
MOMA is very wild and modern (they have the Andy Warhol Cambell Soup can paintings!!)

LOL. I was talking the museum with all the Picasso's, I think that is the Metro? MOMA has Warhol, huh? I really need to go back. :smooth:

When we went the highlight for the kids was the Pokemon Center. Not sure if that is still there.

I see they also have Nintendo World Store. We would have to hit that as well.

Also I would have to go to UNI QLO.

DS21, DS19 and myself went to NYC for 1 night last summer. We saw Aladdin on Broadway and then went to the Empire State Building. I suspected that there may be long lines at that time, so I purchased tickets ahead of time online and decided to splurge for the express pass - it was worth every penny!!! You get to bypass all of the lines on the way up AND on the way down. We estimated that it saved us close to 2 hours of waiting time. If you go at a busy time, I highly recommend the express pass - I think it was $20 extra per person. It was a magical experience for us :)

My guys chose not to go to the 9/11 museum and instead we went to the USS Intrepid, which we all loved! We also did the Tenement Museum, which was wonderful, but may depend on your kids ages.

Some of the unexpected things were memorable - grabbing breakfast to go at a nearby deli and sitting in a small park to eat, trying the different food trucks, etc. A fun family restaurant near Times Square is Carmines, which is family-style Italian - make reservations though! John's Pizza is also fun!

It sounds like you have a lot of great things planned!

+1 for Carmines and John's Pizza. If you can't get in at Carmines then Tony Napolis is a good option. The Intrepid was closed when we were there due to damage from Sandy so we'll have to go again!

Do "Top of the rock" INSTEAD of Empire-that way you get to SEE the Empire State Bldg AND its WAYYY quicker to get to the TOP!

We did this and enjoyed it. If you time it right you can get up there at sunset and see the city at sunset then stay a bit to see all the lights at dusk. Beautiful!

Also check out Dylans candy, St Patricks, and if you can swing it, take in a show.

LOL. I was talking the museum with all the Picasso's, I think that is the Metro? MOMA has Warhol, huh? I really need to go back. :smooth:

When we went the highlight for the kids was the Pokemon Center. Not sure if that is still there.

I see they also have Nintendo World Store. We would have to hit that as well.

Also I would have to go to UNI QLO.
yeah -The Met ...it is really one of the WORLD's great museums-I could go back again and again..LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter