NY Post's Top 5 Florida hotels

DznyLvr2005 said:
Thanks!! I'll be in one of the honeymoon suites facing the castle (there is only 2 on the castle side, 2 courtyard side) We'll hopefully be wearing our wedding ears! I can't wait!!!!! it's sooooo close, but yet sooo far away!!

:cheer2: CONGRATS ON YOUR UPCOMING WEDDING & HONEYMOON AT THE WL!!! :wizard: :cheer2:

[I don't know how I missed your sig. it in my first post?! :confused:]

Can you actually book [guarantee] a specific honeymoon suite or is it just a request like the regular room requests?

Thanks & CONGRATS again! :flower:

Listen guys it's the NEW YORK POST! They are still looking for WMD's! What do you expect? Pop Century number 5? :rotfl:

Dznylvr2005,

We didn't find WL awful, just not up to the standard we've had at other Disney resorts. First there was a mix up with the ressie, which placed us in a temporary room the 1st night and having to move the next am. Not awful, but inconvenient for a short 3 night stay. Both of the rooms we were in were very much in need of cleaning and refurb. Peeling wallpaper, dingy linens and carpet, moldy shower curtain, and even dirty window glass. We also didn't find the boat service very efficient, buses have been faster for us in the past. Roaring forks was chaotic, and difficult to navigate, CMs just seemed OK, no one was really enthusiastic or wishing us a 'magical day'.

Upon returning from our cruise we spent one night at AKL and the comparison was dramatic. We had always wanted to stay at both of these properties, difficult for a family of 5. This particular trip one of our sons stayed behind, so we jumped on the chance to experience Disney as a foursome and the WL portion really lacked the magic we have experienced at several other resorts. We found POR to be a much nicer resort, and at far less the price. I guess we just had been hoping to be wowed. We were at AKL, but not at WL.

snowmouse said:
Dznylvr2005,

We didn't find WL awful, just not up to the standard we've had at other Disney resorts. First there was a mix up with the ressie, which placed us in a temporary room the 1st night and having to move the next am. Not awful, but inconvenient for a short 3 night stay. Both of the rooms we were in were very much in need of cleaning and refurb. Peeling wallpaper, dingy linens and carpet, moldy shower curtain, and even dirty window glass. We also didn't find the boat service very efficient, buses have been faster for us in the past. Roaring forks was chaotic, and difficult to navigate, CMs just seemed OK, no one was really enthusiastic or wishing us a 'magical day'.

Upon returning from our cruise we spent one night at AKL and the comparison was dramatic. We had always wanted to stay at both of these properties, difficult for a family of 5. This particular trip one of our sons stayed behind, so we jumped on the chance to experience Disney as a foursome and the WL portion really lacked the magic we have experienced at several other resorts. We found POR to be a much nicer resort, and at far less the price. I guess we just had been hoping to be wowed. We were at AKL, but not at WL.

That's probably cuz AK lodge is newer.. Give it a few years and the wallpaper will be peeling as well!! Have you seen Poly before they re-did some rooms. Disasters! But it's all good now. I mostly love the lodge for the atmosphere, the rooms come after :)

Nuts4Disney said:
:cheer2: CONGRATS ON YOUR UPCOMING WEDDING & HONEYMOON AT THE WL!!! :wizard: :cheer2:

[I don't know how I missed your sig. it in my first post?! :confused:]

Can you actually book [guarantee] a specific honeymoon suite or is it just a request like the regular room requests?

Thanks & CONGRATS again! :flower:

Well HOPEFULLY we will be getting the honeymoon suite. It came out to like $4??.00. It was more that the reg concierge rooms, so we better be getting that. We paid for it!! I requested the castle side. We made our ressies in January so hopefully we were one of the first to request that and get it!

gcurling said:
It says "Florida", but isn't it really "Central Florida" that's the focus? Because if not, they've completely lost their minds.

Pop Century??? Top 5??? Hello!

How in the "world"
:rotfl2: could Pop outrate AKL? They must have factored value into the equation for some of them. :confused3

DznyLvr2005 said:
Well HOPEFULLY we will be getting the honeymoon suite. It came out to like $4??.00. It was more that the reg concierge rooms, so we better be getting that. We paid for it!! I requested the castle side. We made our ressies in January so hopefully we were one of the first to request that and get it!

Hi Dznylvr2005: :bride:

Oh, I don't think I was clear w/my question. I know you booked & paid for a suite. What I meant was do you just book *a* honeymoon suite, or do you book a *particular* honeymoon suite, like say, the "Walt Disney Suite," "the Yosemite Suite," "the Bridal Suite," etc. [Just making these names up folks, I don't know the names of the suites, or even if they all have names].

I understand from your reply that the *view* is by request. I think I got it now. We're not booking a suite anyway, so I guess we're just living vicariously through you. LOL. Thanks for your reply. :)

In honor of your upcoming Honeymoon...

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Pixie Dust~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*

for you Honeymoon Suite w/a CASTLE VIEW! :wizard:

Viki said:
How in the "world"
:rotfl2: could Pop outrate AKL? They must have factored value into the equation for some of them. :confused3

There must be a bang for your buck factor... best hotels not necessarily being the grandest hotels with the most amenities, but rating the hotel as a whole package, Pop being their best example of a great place for people where people on a tight budget can go and still enjoy good service, theming, great pools, transportation, without the cost of the amenities of a four star hotel.

That's my guess anyway. I think it's kind of nice they included a place with down-to-earth prices.

Very interesting that the GF didn't make the list....

Nice to see WL on top. we just got back a few weeks ago and we LOVED IT. There was even a smell about that place that made you feel like you were in a lodge. You could smell faint campfire smell and we couldnt figure out where it came from! the place is the best!

disneyobessed said:
Nice to see WL on top. we just got back a few weeks ago and we LOVED IT. There was even a smell about that place that made you feel like you were in a lodge. You could smell faint campfire smell and we couldnt figure out where it came from! the place is the best!

The smell was probably coming from the smoke house in the back :earboy2:

how in the world could anyone rate pop century even in the top 100 in florida...with the exception if they went for price..........

imho pop in just a normal motel with plastic icons attached to the buildings.
nothing more,nothing less...
only advantage is bus service to parks

I was pleasantly surprised to see Pop on there. I think it is a great place! :goodvibes I don't think it is better than the deluxes of course, but for what it is, I have really enjoyed it.

Mike

I think these were all based on a combo of themeing and price. The deluxe resorts listed are the cheapest and therefore many think that makes it a bargain to get that themeing at such a cheap price. If they took the price factor out of it I doubt any of the ones listed would have made the list at all.

What is the EO Inn Orlando????

I haven't stayed at WL, but we have visited my parents when they stayed there. They loved it! And it is spectacularly themed. My two problems with the WL are the rooms relatively small size and its location/transportation. If you can deal with those things, this is the resort for you.

skiwee1 said:
I think these were all based on a combo of themeing and price. The deluxe resorts listed are the cheapest and therefore many think that makes it a bargain to get that themeing at such a cheap price. If they took the price factor out of it I doubt any of the ones listed would have made the list at all.

Yeah but still I'd rather stay at the WL than say Floridian. The Floridian doesn't do anything for me.

I think the list is probably the "most popular" in Florida. Maybe they did a count and found that that is the order ??? :confused3

Mykelogan said:
I was pleasantly surprised to see Pop on there. I think it is a great place! :goodvibes I don't think it is better than the deluxes of course, but for what it is, I have really enjoyed it.

Mike

Same here! Nice to see it make the list even if others sniff at the very idea... :rotfl2:

DznyLvr2005 said:
I think the list is probably the "most popular" in Florida. Maybe they did a count and found that that is the order ??? :confused3

I agree...I don't think I've ever seen a poll that didn't include WL as a favorite somewhere near the top...from Deb's page to Disney mag. It always seems to be up in the top three somewhere. WL has a lot of loyal fans! :goodvibes

These types of rankings are always subjective anyway. No need to get defensive if one's favorite resort isn't on the list and start tearing down those that are. Let's face it, the only "most popular hotel" list that counts is your own.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter