NY area folks - how does Peter Luger's compare?

Oh....and for any first time visitors....Peter Luger's does not accept any credit cards except their own. So bring cash.

And the Williamsburg section of Brooklyn is a tough section of town. Take a cab.

They also have another location out on Long Island, I heard the brooklyn one is better. But the Long Island one is less threatening.

Originally posted by gina2000
Oh....and for any first time visitors....Peter Luger's does not accept any credit cards except their own. So bring cash.
When you make a reservation, they tell you about the cash-only policy. When we were there, the people a few tables over were pretty upset when they tried to pay with a credit card. ;)

And it is pretty expensive!

The funny thing about Peter Lugar's is that the side dishes are really predestrian and the wine list is unremarkable (but gently priced.) But who cares about the sides? The steak is out of this world.

Mmmm. I think I need to start saving for another trip.

but if you are alooking for an EXCELLENT place to get a steak in Central Florida you would have to go to BERN'S Steakhouse in Tampa. It is beyond compare in the area. Zagat's calls it "the best place in Florida for steaks" and with good reason. Also the service is top-notch and the neighborhood is friendly too!!;)

Go with an appetite and take the tour of the kitchen and wine cellar. There is a "dessert room" (yes, room) upstairs. And the portions are huge. The hardest part is choosing one!!

I wouldn't dream of comparing this restaurant to yours (as I have never been), but I can honestly say I've never had a better steak anywhere.

Peter Louguies blows, OK!!! Give me the prime cut at Pecos Bill's at MK anyday...Oh, that's a hamburger, isn't it? Never mind...
:smooth: :smooth: :bounce: :smooth: :smooth:

OK- I don't get it. Lived in New York all my life. Last spring got a $150 gift certificate to Peter Luger's. Went to the one here on Long Island. The steak was good, but not worth the $150 for 2 people that it cost!!! My husband agreed. I rather have 2 meals anywhere at Disney than one at Peter Luger's again!!!
JMHO!

Since we're on an NYC kick, ya gotta include italian pastry in good ol' Brooklyn!
And let's not forget the Italian bread!

My DH ate at Peter Luger's recently and he was not terribly impressed with his steak. Then again, it was probably too lean for him....the man is a cheap date when it comes to steak....he likes his grizzle :rolleyes:

Originally posted by reggie92762
You go Mish....have you every been to Your Bakery on 86th Street . Or Leske's....?

I was just at Your Bakery a couple of weeks ago. Good stuff!

Originally posted by singitalto
OK- I don't get it. Lived in New York all my life. Last spring got a $150 gift certificate to Peter Luger's. Went to the one here on Long Island. The steak was good, but not worth the $150 for 2 people that it cost!!! My husband agreed. I rather have 2 meals anywhere at Disney than one at Peter Luger's again!!!
JMHO!
Anywhere at Disney? Even Alfredo's? I'd pay $150 to AVOID eating at Alfredo's.

heh heh , thats pretty funny stevets, I guess the food hasn't gotten any better there.

On the topic of Peter Luger's , for some reason thier Long Island location consistently gets medicore reviews. Stick to the Brooklyn location, its the best steak I've ever had. As much as I love WDW I really don't consider it a place for truly great food, certainly not at this level.

Matt

Jun 72 offsite
Apr 89 offsite
Mar 95 All-Star Sports
Nov 95 offsite
Aug 96 Boardwalk Inn
Dec 96 Port Orleans French Quarter
Sep 98 Beach Club
May 99 Port Orleans French Quarter
Jan 00 Polynesian
May 01 Swan
Oct 02 Grand Floridian

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter