NWA Flight info for Beverly Lynn

FriendsOfEeyore

Proud Parents of EJ!
As some of you know, I have upgraded our flight down to Orlando on NWA to 1st class. The return portion of our tickets is still in coach. At last I heard, there was only one seat remaining on the plane in coach for our return trip to MSP (4:50pm). This is NWA's last direct flight out of MCO to MSP on Sunday, May 20th. What are the chances of us getting to the airport and volunteering our seats if overbooked, and then getting lucky enough to fly that same flight in 1st class (there were still 3 FC seats available)? Hopefully I did not confuse you. We are definitely willing to take the bump and either fly the next day or on another airline. We have a couple more trips planned this year, and would love to have some vouchers.

I know, I know... This is probably a Beverly Lynn question... And that is fine, she always gives great answers and advice!

It sounds like there may be a good possibility that the plane is/will be overbooked. If you are willing to volunteer for whatever the compensation offered is, be sure to get to the airport early and ask to have your names put on the "list of volunteers".

I don't think there is much chance of you getting to fly that flight (or even subsequent flights) First Class unless you arrange to upgrade to FC now (either by using FF miles or paying cash). Most FC seats are filled with elite members of NWA's frequent flyers' club. It is likely that those 3 seats currently empty will be filled with NWA gold or silver World Perks members. If I recall correctly, gold members can get confirmed upgrades (and are automatically upgraded in certain circumstances) two days before the day of the flight. If space is available, silver members can upgrade the day of the flight and gold members can upgrade a companion the day of the flight. (NWA also has a platinum level that gets automatically upgraded when they make the reservation). The FC upgrades are obviously dependent on available space and seem to be first come, first served for those who have to wait for the day of the flight to request an upgrade. Anyway, I'm sure those seats will be filled by WP elite members and not available to the gate agents to use because of overbooking - they'll use the coach seats vacated by the elite members. JMHO - As a gold member who flew to Orlando twice within the last year on planes only partially full, I only got upgraded once. FC seats seem to be always full to Orlando! If FC is a must, you'll have to use your FF miles or pay. Again, JMHO - maybe you will get lucky. Just don't count on it. Good Luck and enjoy your trip!

I would just like to add to the great response already posted that the airline will not need anyone to relinquish their coach seats if there are available seats in first class.

Thanks Carol and Sheryl,

hey that rhymes! Anyway that is exactly what I thought, and I am not at gold status by any means. I think that I am going to try for the vouchers. I love to save anyway that I can! I would still earn miles on voucher paid flights, correct? If so, and if I get vouchers for my Sept flight, I might have a free flight in Feb2002, when we plan to use our APs for the last time. Thanks Again, for the information and confirming my original thoughts.

Vouchers that are for a dollar amount qualify for miles. A voucher for a free ticket does not. Bump compensation is typically compensated with dollar vouchers.

in order to answer you the best way is to see how many setas are availabe. it can still be overbooked and show seats availalbe. since they hold 10-20 % for airport assignment. if you give me your flight numbers for the return I will try to check and see how many its booked to. this will give you an idea if they will need volunteers or not. and if they have bumped people from previous flights then that will put more people on your flight thus upping your chances of getting bumped and getting a voucher for travel for another time. get to the airport as early as possible and then at the gate try to be first in line for the agent and offer to give up your seat. then pray they call your name and you get a free flight. adn yes they can offer you a free flight on them and put you on another carrier home.

Here is my flight info:

Date: Sunday, May 20th
Airline: NWA
Flight: 589
MCO to MSP, departing at around 4:50pm

Thanks in advance for looking this up. I really appreciate all the information and advice that you have given me over the last 6 months.

One other thing. I currently have three tickets for this flight, however my dw's friend will not be joining us after all. So that is actually one seat that is actually available, but will show as being taken. I think that her seat is 15E. Thanks Again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter