Nutrition info...

KJay

DIS Veteran
On the new website, nutrition info is available when you click on the lunch menu for Be Our Guest. This is the only menu where I've seen it available (though I only spot-checked a few). It makes me wonder...do you think they're moving toward posting this info for all meals?? Could be scary!!:scared1:

On the new website, nutrition info is available when you click on the lunch menu for Be Our Guest. This is the only menu where I've seen it available (though I only spot-checked a few). It makes me wonder...do you think they're moving toward posting this info for all meals?? Could be scary!!:scared1:

I wish they would. It would make meal planning for people like me who have diabetes a lot easier.

I think it would be great if everyone followed NYC's nutrition rules. Sometimes I'm shocked about the nutrition info even though I try to be educated about such things. Not to say I don't throw that information out whenever presented with Salt & Vinegar Kettle chips...they are my biggest weakness.

I hope they eventually do it for all the restaurants so that my sister and I who are on Weight Watchers can see how many points we will be consuming on our vacation in June 2013. I've lost 60.6 lbs since April 21, 2012 and my sister has lost 45 lbs since April 21, 2012. We want to keep up this wonderful weight loss while enjoying our magical time at Walt Disney World.

CrazyaboutCinderella said:
I hope they eventually do it for all the restaurants so that my sister and I who are on Weight Watchers can see how many points we will be consuming on our vacation in June 2013. I've lost 60.6 lbs since April 21, 2012 and my sister has lost 45 lbs since April 21, 2012. We want to keep up this wonderful weight loss while enjoying our magical time at Walt Disney World.

Congratulations!! :)

I was just about to make a post about finding nutritional info for Disney stuff. The best I could find was on the giant turkey leg (oh my...) Good to know Be Our Guest is doing that.

I really wish Disney would divulge that kind of info especially if you follow a certain kind of diet or regime.

Wow, that's really cool!

Sure, it's scary sometimes...but hey, we're eating it anyway, and ignorance isn't bliss when it comes to what we're eating. Our bodies know the calories even if our minds don't, LOL. (something it only took me my whole life to truly and finally comprehend)

I wonder why it's only available for BoG lunch right now- unless someone has found another menu w/ the info? Who's got time to peruse the dining site today?? popcorn::

I wonder why it's only available for BoG lunch right now- unless someone has found another menu w/ the info? Who's got time to peruse the dining site today?? popcorn::

BOG has had nutritional info available at the self-order kiosks for lunch from the preview stage. So, if I had to guess, I'd say this is the direction Disney plans to go, but it was easiest to roll it out with a brand new restaurant. I would expect to see nutritional info become available for other restaurants over time. As a T1 diabetic, I'm ecstatic about this! It takes the guesswork out of my food choices and insulin dosages.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter