Nutrisweet and a Sweet tooth

mom23boys

DIS Veteran
I drink a lot of Diet Coke, I mean alot (a 2 liter bottle in a day or day and a half).

So for Lent I gave up soda (I am allowing myself one can a day so I would not go through caffine withdraw).

Now my sweet tooth is gone. I am not craving chocolate like I did before and I do not go searching for sweets like I used to.

I knew we were going to Dairy Queen tonight so I saved my extra WW points for it. I was going to use 18 for a Med Chocolate Reese Peanut Butter Cup Blizzard. Thought about it for a few days and was looking very forward to it.

So we get there and I taste it and it just did not taste right. Not a sweet as it used to be. So I ate about a 1/3 and threw it out.

Do you think all the lack Nutrisweet had something to do with it?

Just wanted to know if anyone else went through this.

Sharon

I have absolutely no scientific knowledge about nutrisweet at all, but I'm convinced it is the "evil" food (if you want to call it food) of the decade. I wouldn't be surprised if it made your food taste extra sweet. I also wouldn't be surprised if your weight loss increased while you're not drinking the diet soda. There was a post on the board a while ago about aspertame and all the ill effects it had on the posters. It was an impressive list of health issues that cleared up when they stopped eating the artificial sweetener.

SetzKitten said:
I have absolutely no scientific knowledge about nutrisweet at all, but I'm convinced it is the "evil" food (if you want to call it food) of the decade. I wouldn't be surprised if it made your food taste extra sweet. I also wouldn't be surprised if your weight loss increased while you're not drinking the diet soda. There was a post on the board a while ago about aspertame and all the ill effects it had on the posters. It was an impressive list of health issues that cleared up when they stopped eating the artificial sweetener.

SetzKitten, thank you for your response. I did a search and I could not find the post you mentioned. If you could let me know or put a link to it I would appreciate it.

I do feel better since I have not drank nutrisweet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter