Nursery Reservations - best times help!

Cptnkirky

Mouseketeer
Hi All,
I am getting ready to pre book our nursery reservations next week. However, I am not sure what are the best times to book since this is our first Disney cruise and first with a baby. She will be 13 months. We don't really plan on putting her in there for dinner as we can probably make it through a good 1.5 hours dinner with her. She is very patient and has 12 other family members to play with during dinner. Maybe we do a dinner or 2 just to give her time to play? I don't know what other times are good?
Should we do after dinner for a show? Which shows are best? Sea days or something? No palo or spa booked. I am thinking more of a break for her then us, so she can play. She goes to bed normally around 7:30ish.
I know this can be very different based on kids, I am just looking for help based on things going on around the ship we might not want to miss as well that I don't know about. Or best times to put her in based on past experiences? I am really lost and don't want to loose out on space because of my lack of knowledge. Please help!

I guess the question is what do you want to do and when do you want free time? Without knowing nap schedule or what you want to do it's hard to answer.

We travelled with our 2.5 year old and had her in the nursery for 1.5 hours each morning so we could go to the gym & relax by the pool by ourselves. We then put her in for dinner b/c she isn't good sitting for long period of time. We would pick her up after dinner and take her to the show.

some suggestions:
the drink classes are usually in the afternoon
the first and last night shows are usually really good
dinner time usually books up first so if you're thinking about it, get it. you can always cancel later.

hope this helps.

Those are all great suggestions! We booked three dinners & one with a later pick up so we could see a show. But we have grandma coming with us so we really only need dinner. DD can't sit through a dinner like that. It's nice yours can!

I'm curious if anyone knows what the cancelation policy is? When I booked it said up to three days before cruise without penalty. What f you cancel while onboard?

Those are all great suggestions! We booked three dinners & one with a later pick up so we could see a show. But we have grandma coming with us so we really only need dinner. DD can't sit through a dinner like that. It's nice yours can!

I'm curious if anyone knows what the cancelation policy is? When I booked it said up to three days before cruise without penalty. What f you cancel while onboard?

For the nursery, you must cancel at least 4 hours prior to your reservation.

The 3 days before cruise is the general cancellation policy for anything booked under the "excursions" pre-booking process.

Thanks Princess Shmoo! What would I do without you? You've answered so many of my questions. Thank you!

I really wish we had booked at least a little time the last night to pack. Our LO was 14 mths and unpacked everything I packed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter