Number 9 is really FINE! Welcome to AKL LITE - the 'unofficial' FAQ Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
maryandtyson said:
What does everyone think of Sanaa? We LOVE Boma and plan several meals there. We enjoyed Jiko last visit too. Thoughts?

We loved Sanaa! We ate there for the first time last month. The food was fantastic. Among our group, we tried the butter chicken, bison masala, mahi- mahi in Goan curry, and the Spicy Durban chicken. We eat Indian food at lot at home and we thought the food here was amazing. We also got the bread service with the 9 dipping sauces. 3 of the 9 are very spicy so I would go for the option with 6 if you don't like spicy food. My DD9 got the cookies and cream for dessert and she loved it. Not sure if they offer this elsewhere but it was the first time she tried it. They bring out a butterfly cookie with icing in a pastry bag to decorate, M&M's, & Mickey sprinkles. Also on the plate is a glass of strawberry milk with a cookie straw. It was adorable! Also, ask for a table near the window and you will look out at the Savannah while you eat. Sanaa will definitely be added to our go-to restaurant list when we visit WDW!

We have a late lunch reservation for Sanaa on one our resort days. I'm really looking forward to it. I ate there a few years back, right after it opened. My middle daughter is super picky, but she ate the tandoori chicken with no fuss. My oldest and husband were disappointed we didn't eat there last trip (I hadn't made any ADRs at all).

I called to make a reservation for the illuminations cruise and it's all booked for our week. When I called at 180 days, they weren't scheduling out that far. Grr. Not the end of the world, clearly. I booked the Wishes cruise instead but I might end up canceling it. We took the Illuminations cruise a few years back and loved it. Wishes, I can take or leave. Maybe I've just seen it more often it's not quite as special for the price of the cruise.

Does anyone know what size / shape coffee filter fits the DVC studios? Is it a No. 4 cone? Thanks!

Does anyone know what size / shape coffee filter fits the DVC studios? Is it a No. 4 cone? Thanks!
I thought they were the basket filters, but I could be remembering it wrong. You might try asking on the DVC side of things. Someone there would absolutely know.

I called to make a reservation for the illuminations cruise and it's all booked for our week. When I called at 180 days, they weren't scheduling out that far. Grr. Not the end of the world, clearly. I booked the Wishes cruise instead but I might end up canceling it. We took the Illuminations cruise a few years back and loved it. Wishes, I can take or leave. Maybe I've just seen it more often it's not quite as special for the price of the cruise.

What are these cruises? I have never read about them. How much are they and how would we go about booking them? Thanks....we will be taking our first trip to Florida and are completely clueless!

Okay, I didn't go through all the pages of all the AKL threads so maybe someone can head me in the right direction?

Heading to AKL at the end of September - us and a few family friends. Between the 10 of us we will have 3 rooms: two are booked for savannah view and one is booked as standard. We have put in the request for our rooms to be close, so as far as I can tell we need to request rooms on the Ostrich Trail overlooking the Sunset Savannah.

Now for the questions:
1. Can I find out which savannah rooms on Ostrich Trail might have king beds?
2. What floors should I request for the best savannah views?
3. Any other combos of standard/savannah rooms near each other that would work?

TIA!!!!:flower3:

I did online check in the other day. We have a pool view, bunk bed room reserved. I was surprised to see that, among the room requests offered, one was Sunset Savannah View. Since we had a pool view room and we paid for a pool view, why is this even offered? Other options were: close to lobby, close to elevator, upper floor, lower floor. Any ideas?

I did online check in the other day. We have a pool view, bunk bed room reserved. I was surprised to see that, among the room requests offered, one was Sunset Savannah View. Since we had a pool view room and we paid for a pool view, why is this even offered? Other options were: close to lobby, close to elevator, upper floor, lower floor. Any ideas?

Same thing on my checkin from June. The CM said it was a glitch in the system. My TA called and had my request for giraffe trail added by a person

What are these cruises? I have never read about them. How much are they and how would we go about booking them? Thanks....we will be taking our first trip to Florida and are completely clueless!

Here's the info on them. I thought the Illuminations cruise was amazing. But I'm probably going to cancel the Wishes cruise. The price depends on the type of cruise you're taking. http://www.wdwinfo.com/recreation/fireworks.htm When we went a few years back, it was around $250. The same cruise now is close to $350. A pretty steep increase for me, especially when I'm on the fence about it. There's a thread in the theme parks community for people who want to share a cruise, which makes the price a bit more bearable.

Hi AKL experts. I usually hang out on the CSR thread but have a couple of questions about AKL club level.

What are the different evening offerings in the club level lounge? Can you make a small meal out of them?

If I read correctly all the club level rooms have a Savanah view? Are there some better than others that you can request?

We are considering adding a few days to our December CSR trip at AKL club level. These days would be all about enjoying the resort so a good view would be crucial to our enjoyment.

Thanks!:)

Hi AKL experts. I usually hang out on the CSR thread but have a couple of questions about AKL club level.

What are the different evening offerings in the club level lounge? Can you make a small meal out of them?

If I read correctly all the club level rooms have a Savanah view? Are there some better than others that you can request?

We are considering adding a few days to our December CSR trip at AKL club level. These days would be all about enjoying the resort so a good view would be crucial to our enjoyment.

Thanks!:)

:welcome: The first post on the first page of this thread includes a listing of everything that is traditionally offered in the CL. And you are correct that all CL rooms are Savanna view. You will LOVE it! :goodvibes

:welcome: The first post on the first page of this thread includes a listing of everything that is traditionally offered in the CL. And you are correct that all CL rooms are Savanna view. You will LOVE it! :goodvibes

Thanks for the welcome!:)

I was hoping for a little more detail than this:

Kisikusiku (Twighlight Offerings)
5:00pm - 7:00pm
Assorted wines, hors d'oeuvres, and specialty appetizers from Boma & Jiko. Offerings vary daily.

What types of hors d"oeuvres and appetizers? Can you make a meal out of them?

We have stayed club level at RPH and HRH at Universal and most nights you could make a meal out of the offerings, I'm just wondering if it will be the same?

Thanks for the welcome!:)

I was hoping for a little more detail than this:

Kisikusiku (Twighlight Offerings)
5:00pm - 7:00pm
Assorted wines, hors d'oeuvres, and specialty appetizers from Boma & Jiko. Offerings vary daily.

What types of hors d"oeuvres and appetizers? Can you make a meal out of them?

We have stayed club level at RPH and HRH at Universal and most nights you could make a meal out of the offerings, I'm just wondering if it will be the same?

the CL offerings are not meant to be used as a replacement for a full meal. they are meant to tide you over until Dinner. remember you are not the only people using it and if you walk in and clean the plate of bacon wrapped scallops you are depriving others who have paid just as much as you have from being able to enjoy the experience.

the CL offerings are not meant to be used as a replacement for a full meal. they are meant to tide you over until Dinner. remember you are not the only people using it and if you walk in and clean the plate of bacon wrapped scallops you are depriving others who have paid just as much as you have from being able to enjoy the experience.

ummm....I didn't ask what they were meant for...I'm aware what they are meant for....if I clean the plate off they are supposed to bring more...thanks for the help! :rolleyes:

It's been a few years since I've stayed CL at AKL. There are usually a few types of hummus. A few hot appetizers. Olives, I think. Cheese and crackers It was enough for my kids that they didn't really need dinner. But they're pretty light eaters. My husband and I would usually supplement with something from the Mara. I suppose you could make a meal out of it if you went back often enough. I love hummus, but not sure I'd want to eat it until full. I know this can be a sore subject for some. I've never been there where the apps weren't replenished. I'm not saying it hasn't happened, it's just not been my experience.

ummm....I didn't ask what they were meant for...I'm aware what they are meant for....if I clean the plate off they are supposed to bring more...thanks for the help! :rolleyes:

and they are not always replenished. and even if they are, so its okay to make a family who may only have a limited amount of time to visit still not get any as they have to leave before they do get replaced?

I stand by my statement. if you know what they are meant for and you deliberately are looking at ways to circumvent or get more than your fair share at the expense of others, well I guess you won't care what my feelings are on the subject since you feel you are entitled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter