Number 9 is really FINE! Welcome to AKL LITE - the 'unofficial' FAQ Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
kimmar067 said:
....WOW! :eek: Unbelieveable! :sad2: ....in all my visits to WDW, I don't think that I've EVER had wait times like THAT! Why do you think it was excessively long? :confused3

When I talked to the person at the bus stop they said that busses come every 20 minutes. So, I guess if you get there right after a bus leaves you have a 20 minute wait, then they have to load the bus, then drive to the park. It was frustrating a couple of times (waiting an HOUR for a standing room only bus to Animal Kingdom), but most if the time we weren't in a hurry & knew how long it would take. But, seeing two CMs with clipboards tracking wait times at the bus stop makes me think they were working on it, and Alison was there the week after us & didn't have the long waits... So hopefully we were just unlucky.
Either way, we'll still be staying there & still using WDW transportation - it's more magical to not have to drive!!! :)

Sent from Tracey's iPhone using DISBoards

archdandy said:
Do the buses stop at Kidani or Jambo first?

Park busses stop at Kidani first then Jambo.

Downtown Disney bussed are opposite - Jambo first, then Kidani.
:)

Either way, we'll still be staying there & still using WDW transportation - it's more magical to not have to drive!!! :)

.....especially in the SUMMER! Nothing beats boarding an already-cooled air-conditioned bus vs. a HOT CAR steaming in a hotter parking lot!

kimmar067 said:
.....especially in the SUMMER! Nothing beats boarding an already-cooled air-conditioned bus vs. a HOT CAR steaming in a hotter parking lot!

Amen Sista!!!!! :sunny:

Staying at akl for the first time in less than two weeks!!! Sooooo excited. Been dreaming of staying here. We got a pool view and a dinner at boma. Dh is still griping at the extra cost. But i figure once he gets there he will stop lol.
Any of you guys have a pool view..how was it??

Congratulations! It's amazing, hopefully he stops griping soon :)

A pool view is lovely. I still missed a savannah view but it was lovely nonetheless.

Morning everyone...

We always ride the buses and we have never had a problem. If you go in knowing and planning for the buses, you will be fine.

dgbg100106 said:
Morning everyone...

We always ride the buses and we have never had a problem. If you go in knowing and planning for the buses, you will be fine.

::yes::

Staying in Kidani studio savanna view on waitlist for Jambo we are going with friends that are DVC members they are in Jambo.

Any idea on room request? I requested sunset is that a good request?
Does Kidani have activities for the Kids or do we have to go over to Jambo?
How do the pools compare?

...I think my DH is really on the fence about going to WDW....he randomly asks me what the price of airfare is, and minutes later blurts out that our youngest DS doesn't want to go....WTH does THAT mean? :confused3

...I think my DH is really on the fence about going to WDW....he randomly asks me what the price of airfare is, and minutes later blurts out that our youngest DS doesn't want to go....WTH does THAT mean? :confused3

Maybe he wants you to plan a romantic trip for two! :confused:

HELLO HELLO !!
Here is dreaming about our ...:banana::banana: not so far away :yay::yay:
trip to AKL !!
DH says that he had read somewhere that AKL has :confused: FREE fridge in every room !
Do you know if this is correct ?

HE needs to keep "refrigerated" a medicine (eye-drops) ; I remember that you have to pay for the mini -fridge ............ or not ???

:worship: thankyou , laura

:rotfl2::rotfl2: He MAY be planning a men-only trip ??!??

HELLO HELLO !!
Here is dreaming about our ...:banana::banana: not so far away :yay::yay:
trip to AKL !!
DH says that he had read somewhere that AKL has :confused: FREE fridge in every room !
Do you know if this is correct ?

HE needs to keep "refrigerated" a medicine (eye-drops) ; I remember that you have to pay for the mini -fridge ............ or not ???

:worship: thankyou , laura

Hi, Laura!! I am so happy you are returning to AKL! I think DH and I will just miss you & Marco. :worried:

Yes, mini-refrigerators in all rooms -- even the "Value" resorts have them now! :thumbsup2 No freezer in them, but they will keep things cold.

:hug:

Hi, Laura!! I am so happy you are returning to AKL! I think DH and I will just miss you & Marco. :worried:

Yes, mini-refrigerators in all rooms -- even the "Value" resorts have them now! :thumbsup2 No freezer in them, but they will keep things cold.

:hug:

THANKYOU for the info ! :goodvibes
Yes ,it has been lovely to meet up with you , DH and your wonderful daughter ! :love:

Debrn said:
Staying in Kidani studio savanna view on waitlist for Jambo we are going with friends that are DVC members they are in Jambo.

Any idea on room request? I requested sunset is that a good request?
Does Kidani have activities for the Kids or do we have to go over to Jambo?
How do the pools compare?

From what I understand Kidani has the kid splash area right by the pool.... I haven't been to animal kingdom yet so someone please correct me if I'm wrong. I'm staying at Jambo House and was thinking ill have to go to Kidani for my toddler lol.

From what I understand Kidani has the kid splash area right by the pool.... I haven't been to animal kingdom yet so someone please correct me if I'm wrong. I'm staying at Jambo House and was thinking ill have to go to Kidani for my toddler lol.

....there is a kiddie wading pool right next to the outdoor area of the Mara...quiet and secluded, but on the total opposite side of the kids' play area....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter