Nowhere To Get Beef Stew in a Breadbowl Anymore?!!!

Mugglemama

DIS Veteran
i'll admit it's been a long time since i wanted to order this...probably 6 years. i was thinking about getting it on our next trip, but just checked all the disneyland menus, and can't find it anywhere.

is there nowhere in DLR to get beef stew in a breadbowl anymore? :confused3

they have a dedicated place that sell breadbowls.

I know at DCA, they have it there too...

Also the Gallery...

they have a dedicated place that sell breadbowls.

I know at DCA, they have it there too...

Also the Gallery...

i did see various soups, chowders, and chili served in breadbowls on the different menus, but no beef stew.

:sad2:

i did see various soups, chowders, and chili served in breadbowls on the different menus, but no beef stew.

:sad2:

sorry, i guess Disney doesnt have beef stew. But i have an idea, buy a can of Beef Stew, find a microwave, and buy a bread bowl at Pacific Wharf Cafe and viola, you have a Beef Stew Bowl! :teeth:

sorry, i guess Disney doesnt have beef stew. But i have an idea, buy a can of Beef Stew, find a microwave, and buy a bread bowl at Pacific Wharf Cafe and viola, you have a Beef Stew Bowl! :teeth:

:rotfl: Albort your so funny! But I have to say that I didnt see Beef Stew anywhere in the parks recently myself so now im curious. That actually sounds really good. Maybe its something they will bring back.

:rotfl: Albort your so funny! But I have to say that I didnt see Beef Stew anywhere in the parks recently myself so now im curious. That actually sounds really good. Maybe its something they will bring back.

it was yummy! i think we used to get it at french market, but maybe it was cafe orleans? we lived nearby and had AP's, so we would go a couple nights a week after work, which meant we went A LOT during the colder winter months, and the nights would get pretty chilly sometimes (cold enough for my kids to wear hats and gloves, anyway). this was 2001, 2002, 2003. on at least one occasion, we ordered the stew in breadbowls and sat outside by the stage listening to a band play. it was freezing! but such a good memory that i was hoping to do it again on our next trip (not that it will be cold when we go, but still). oh, well.

I know it's not beef stew, & especially not in a breadbowl, but Plaza Inn's pot roast is beefy & hearty. It's super delicious! :thumbsup2

I just looked at some older menus from DL and it seems the French Market used to have beef stew in a bread bowl. It must have been discontinued because I can't find it on any recently updated menus either.

I don't know about the beef stew but now I am craving the veggie gumbo in a breadbowl. Don't know the name of the place but we walked up to it and sat by the river to eat it. It was so GOOD! I wanna be a DL!!!!

I used to get the beef stew from Royal Street Verandah and then go wait for the light tower to raise so I could watch Fantasmic.

The gumbo doesn't cut it for me. Guess I'm spoiled by my friend's gumbo. Her mom who is from Louisiana passed on the secret family recipe. It's so yummy that now I can't it restuarant prepared gumbo anymore.

The Royal Street Veranda has the veggie gumbo. We plan on getting it on our upcoming trip. Glad to hear a positive review of it!

The Royal Street Veranda has the veggie gumbo. We plan on getting it on our upcoming trip. Glad to hear a positive review of it!

Oh yes, very good. Can't compare to "real", because "real" has meat in it and that's a no-go for us. :) Salty, though, make sure you have water. :)

thanks for the feedback, everybody! (and for looking up the old menu to verify that i wasn't hallucinating having had the beef stew in a breadbowl at DLR before, LOL!!).

that's okay, i'll just try the Bengal BBQ chicken skewers this time, i've never had them!!

MMMMMMM!

Mmmmmmmm, clam chowder in a bread bowl on an evening at Disneyland while sitting either at Rivers of America waiting for Fantasmic! or on Main Street waiting for fireworks. Soooo yummy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter