Now this comment really takes the cake!!!

Our 2 Princesses

DIS Veteran
My dd gave a power point presentation in school today. The subject was Walt Disney World, of course. :) Afterward there was a question and answer session. The teacher told my dd that he was going to WDW this summer with his wife and 2 young children. He has never been there and his wife was there as a child. The teacher told my dd that he was staying offsite about 2 miles away and refused to pay for parking. He has decided that he and his family are going to WALK to the parks!!!! They will be dehydrated before they even get to the entrance. ;) My dd tried to tell him how big WDW is and he insisted they were walking. Sounds like a fun time! :lmao:

He may walk...once!

I'm sure he plans to use Disney's transportation for resort guests and not pay for that either. SMH!

Maybe he's thinking of DL?

Anyway, his family probably will appreciate all the swamplets they'll get to walk through en route to the parks in Florida. I'm sure they'll love the sidewalk-free roads and the bus fumes, too.

KimK2006 said:
Are you sure he wasn't kidding around? If he wasn't, YIKES!

Unfortunately he was very serious, even after another girl in classes who goes to wdw, started laughing out loud at his insisting they could walk. My dd said he used to be a gym teacher so maybe that's why he's thinking it will be easy. With heat, humidity, thunderstorms and traffic... Not so much.

Yowza! I don't think people have a concept of what Disney is like until they get there. I had no idea the first time we went that you had to take buses to each separate park. I also (don't make fun of me now) thought that Harry Potter was there! Oops. Luckily my parents schooled me. By the next year I was schooling them on all the ways it is better to do Disney from all the research I did. I was convinced there were better ways to do Disney than to keep crossing the parks and such. I was right. There are much better ways.

Obviously with the wife having gone as a child, things have changed repeatedly, so she has no idea what it will be like! They are in for a rude awakening!!!

Unfortunately he was very serious, even after another girl in classes who goes to wdw, started laughing out loud at his insisting they could walk. My dd said he used to be a gym teacher so maybe that's why he's thinking it will be easy. With heat, humidity, thunderstorms and traffic... Not so much.

I would be worried, too, about being plowed over by all of the busses! There isn't a sidewalk. His poor family!!! All to save a few bucks.....

I can't believe how little people actually research these things! haha hopefully he has some really comfy shoes! :rotfl2:

Oh my gosh! They're probably going to get about a half a mile down the street then run out of sidewalk and be left standing around confused. Can you imagine looking out the window of your resort bus to the parks and seeing a exhausted family traipsing through the grass by the side of the road?? *laughing*

I tried to post a photo of something, but I couldn't. The photo I wanted to post was of Clark Griswold staggering through the desert, so hot he had to wear his pants on his head. I think the guy's family might see him the same way by about Day 2 of their "Vacation."

LOL

I'm totally picturing him walking all the way to the DTD gates and looking in. They might even make it to DTD. But then? Yeah, no sidewalks and they don't let people walk.

Oh wow, maybe he was talking about Disneyland?

I've never ever been to WDW, and I know I wouldn't want to walk.

A little under three weeks from vacation, and I'm wishing I would have booked DL instead to avoid all the transportation logistics haha.

My only Disney experience was staying at the Disneyland hotel and walking EVERYWHERE. Guess it's time for a new experience.

I'm with a PP- this guy will maybe manage the walk as far as DTD on Day 1. By the time they get there (and realize they're still nowhere near a park), I'll bet DW will take over and mandate a new daily travel plan. :rotfl2:

Some people can only learn one way- the hard way. But I do feel sorry for his family.

I'm sure he plans to use Disney's transportation for resort guests and not pay for that either. SMH!

WDW Transportation is provided as open and free for any and all who visit WDW.

WDW-Prop_050312.jpg

I can just hear the next comment as you hand him robots map!

" it doesn't look that FFFFFFFFAARRRR!" As his month drops to the ground! :rotfl:

Are you sure/is he positive he isn't staying at Disney Land? I did this with my High School Marching Band and walking is the way to go.

Unfortunately, he could probably actually drive to DTD, leave the car there, then take a bus to the parks. It would be unfair, but probably how he'll wind up doing it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter