Sirenia 88's LTR "Mickey we have a modem"

Hi Snow medic! Hopefully we'll get to see you there- we are arriving on 9/29, and staying 2 weeks until 10/13! So far we have 2 families going from MN- we'll be renting campers from Florida Camper Rental, and are really hoping to be in the Big Bear Loop (1400's) We'll have a DIS sign out, so definitely stop and say hi!

We will also be there in October, renting from florida camper rental, and staying in the 1400 loop but staying the last week of October! have fun!

Big today. They tickets have arrived. My wife and her mother have been going over menus and places to dine at the last couple of weekends. It will be April before you know it. April is our 180 day mark in which all ADRs will be going in. I think August will be getting the FP+ attractions booked. Pretty bummed out the Liberty Tree Tavern will be closed when we are there. Oh well. There is so much planned between now and then I do not want to think about it. The trip will be here as soon as I know it. Then the title of this thread will change one more time.

Now this is a first. The tickets AND campsite are paid for! Before the 6 month mark no less. Very strange.

In other news, the DW and her mother have been planning the meals reservations and talking about the plans for what to do on what days. In a little over a week, the dining reservations will be made. Then the real countdown begins.

Good to hear from you. I was thinking of one of the preferred loops, 100 - 200, we got tired of the 2000 loop and figure with the size of our tent we would never get into 1500. We where going to do a full site but they are a little far from everything. I believe we have our dates narrowed down to Oct. 9 - 20.

Hope to see you there,
Vince

Hi vince!

Sounds awesome! Who knows we all might be in the same loop. Now that would be a hoot. I am telling the DW to make plans for a M&G session. She wanted to know if there is a fastpass plus for that. LOL We all need to figure out a time, date and place.

That would be great. I'm open to when ever. We don't make any plans before we get there. We just wing it, go with the flow, see what tomorrow brings kind of people. Just saying, while down there, we make up our minds in the morning during breakfast what we want to do that day. So, just as long as we stay in touch while there, any day would work for me.

We are there Oct 9-18. This is shaping up to potentially a big get together.

The 180 day mark has been reached. The DW woke up at 530AM to prepare for ADRs and other reservations. These are now on the books. Like I said, my Disney vacation is really maximized for the trip. Certain travel days and certain park days.

Still cant get my self to make plans for a vacation like that. The hardest decision I have is what dates do we want to be there. And even after that we go back and forth for about a week before we are sure. We have 1 more day before we can make our ADR for Hoop Dee Doo.

DW didn't think that we weren't going to be at the Fort long enough. Called this evening and added 3 more days. Reservations are now Oct. 9 - 23. :cool1:

Way to go Vince! No chance of us adding on due to daughter's school. At least we will get to meet up again.

We are doing the MNSHP on October 13th, daughters are wanting to do the BBB and dress up as princesses for the party. We have 0830 appt at the castle for their dress up, as of now this is the only scheduled thing we have or intend to have. For those who have done this before you know it is expensive, along with the Halloween party tickets that day is shaping up to be a pricey one.

Damn Vince! Another 3 weeker coming up now? You are at 2 right now LOL

My vacation really starts Sept. 30. DW and youngest DD are leaving Sept. 19 for some family visits in AZ. and OK. I am leaving for OK. on Sept. 30 where oldest DD and I will meet up with DW and youngest DD, stay a few nights there, then head to Destin for a week, then head over to the Fort on Oct. 9.

When I told my supervisor of my dates he said I should of just taken all of Oct. off. I said no, but was thinking of taking all of winter off.

Good thing we are super busy at work. If it was a regular 40 hour week, it would be dragging. LOL I added my vacation time to the outlook calendar today. The date will finally come....

We camped at FW twice in late August in a tent both times. Trails End got more of our business then we had expected after packing all our cooking gear. Sometimes just too hot and humid to cook. One evening my son and I even made a run to KFC for chicken!

However, we loved our site in the 1500 loop, enjoyed the pool and the convenient showers and restrooms. Our fellow campers were quiet and we slept well at night.

We didn't have any rain to speak of even though one of the trips was over the days when Hurricane Andrew was destroying Homestead, FL.

With just under 4 months to go, time is flying by for this trip. In several more weeks the FP+ will be added to our accounts. It is really strange at this point that everything is pretty much paid for unlike the last few trips. Just a couple of the ADRs are paid at the time of the sitting. It will just be a simple check in and go to the site.

If there is a next trip though, it maybe in a different trailer. The DW and I are thinking about going the toy hauler route. It would have been nice not having to pay the mouse tax on the golf cart. This sucks since I know someone who has a cart who would let me use it for free. If we didn't have a cart with us, the garage could be useful for bikes, coolers, generators, other toys/ future toys, etc. Who knows...

I'm slacking in the paid for department this year. I keep telling myself that I will pay before we get there, even if it is the day before.

I'm slacking in the paid for department this year. I keep telling myself that I will pay before we get there, even if it is the day before.

Haha sounds like my experience last time. My wife and I kind of left the campground payment to the last minute for whatever reason. Her reasoning was I could pay it when I get there. I was pretty much nope. I want to pull in and set up not have to deal one other thing during check in. So while I was driving down, she just called in payment.

While thinking about the trip, I almost pulled the trigger on a golf cart but my short bed is not big enough to transport it safely from NJ to Florida. A long bed would have been no problem. I figured for the cost I paid for it up here, I would recoup when I came back since I found a cheap one needing batteries. The rear seat was no problem since Amazon had the seats for sale for under $300. It would not have been an issue to purchase and install. With this all being said, my wife and I have kind of agrees on what our next trailer should be. A toy hauler, most likely a bumper pull. If we had one this go around, that golf cart would be in the back, and no mouse tax at the fort. I did look into a local rental but anything for pick up was about 40 minutes from the fort. I really didn't want the hassle of 2 hours out of vacation to pick up and another 2 hours to drop off. I am on vacation not doing deliveries or repair work. Who knows though. My wife, daughter and I really like our trailer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter