"Now That's What I'm Talkin' 'Bout!"- Our 1st DVC stay-May 2010-Wrap Up 9/23

Love the pics from CRT! The girls looked like they really were enjoying it. Great idea to have the characters sign the folders. What a great keepsake!
Horray for meeting Tiana and Naveen. I heard it's hard to see them. The girls are adorable, by the way.
YAY, for 3 weeks. It will be here before you know it and also yay for Kidani for October.

I'm a little late, but joining in!! I loved your TR from last year! You got some wonderful pictures-- I love Josie's "winking" face at breakfast and the picture of the girls and Tiana/Naveen is wonderful. That Tiana is just gorgeous-- and love her dress! The mini-version they do for the girls is great, too-- Josie looked adorable!

I just caught up on your TR and am hooked! Your girls are simply precious, and I am already so excited for my little girl to be old enough for BBB! Was also happy to read that TH breakfast was your best of the trip, as I booked it for the first time for our December trip. Looking forward to reading more!

This is unrelated to this report but I'm excited about it so I thought I would share...

I just logged in to check on my waitlist for our October trip and we got our waitlist at Kidani!! Woohooo!!! We are staying at AKV again!!

:banana::dance3::banana::dance3::banana::dance3:

Yay!

I've been off the DIS for a couple of weeks, so I'm trying to catch up, but I wanted to say CONGRATS on getting your waitlist and the girls look beautiful in their BBB pics!!

Hey Leanne!!! Just wanted to wish you a happy weekend, with the weather nicer, I'm sure you're busy, but just wanted to say HI!!! :)

I missed the update---been offline with a nasty computer virus.

Your breakfast at CRT sounds great-I know the girls loved meeting the princesses while they were in princess mode that morning!

Josie's crazy eyes are cracking me up! :laughing:

Congrats on getting your waitlist for your October trip! :thumbsup2

That's too funny! This has nothing to do with rain, but on our first ever trip to the BBB back in November of 2007, my daughter Katie (who was a just-turned 3 year old) got the Disney Diva look with the extensions and it was HUGE so we just called it her "Bibbidi Bobbidi Beehive"!! :rotfl2: It was a little crazy on her little head and by the end of the night the "beehive" portion reached the top of her carseat because she had it in all day and even slept in the stroller. It just kept getting bigger and bigger... :eek:

Needless to say, the next time, I was able to use those Mommy "powers of persuasion" and got them both to do the Fairytale Princess style instead! :goodvibes

Sara

That is too funny- love it! I use the Mommy powers of persuasion on the funky colored hair. :lmao:

Love the pics from CRT! The girls looked like they really were enjoying it. Great idea to have the characters sign the folders. What a great keepsake!
Horray for meeting Tiana and Naveen. I heard it's hard to see them. The girls are adorable, by the way.
YAY, for 3 weeks. It will be here before you know it and also yay for Kidani for October.

Thanks Barbara! We really didn't have any trouble at all seeing Naveen and Tiana. I'm under three weeks now. I sat down with Lindsey today and we tweaked our dining plans. We are trying all new places for this trip. I can't wait!!! :cool1:

I'm a little late, but joining in!! I loved your TR from last year! You got some wonderful pictures-- I love Josie's "winking" face at breakfast and the picture of the girls and Tiana/Naveen is wonderful. That Tiana is just gorgeous-- and love her dress! The mini-version they do for the girls is great, too-- Josie looked adorable!

** Forgot to subscribe!

Hi there and welcome to my TR!! :welcome: Thanks for reading the TR last year. It had some ups and downs. So far, 2010 has been much better. :goodvibes That Tiana is beautiful and the dress is so gorgeous in person. It looks really, really heavy though. I understand why they take very regular breaks. Thanks for the kind words about Josie. :goodvibes

I just caught up on your TR and am hooked! Your girls are simply precious, and I am already so excited for my little girl to be old enough for BBB! Was also happy to read that TH breakfast was your best of the trip, as I booked it for the first time for our December trip. Looking forward to reading more!
Aww thank you so much and welcome to my TR! :welcome: You will love TH breakfast. It was soooo good. You've made a great choice. I see in your siggie that you have a new DS and he is a preemie! I hope he is doing well. Your DD is gorgeous. :cutie: :goodvibes

I've been off the DIS for a couple of weeks, so I'm trying to catch up, but I wanted to say CONGRATS on getting your waitlist and the girls look beautiful in their BBB pics!!

Hi Julia! Thanks for the compliments on the girls. Before long you will be doing BBB with Sarah Kate. I hope you tell us all about it. :goodvibes

Hey Leanne!!! Just wanted to wish you a happy weekend, with the weather nicer, I'm sure you're busy, but just wanted to say HI!!! :)
Hi Christie!! Your trip is right around the corner! Can't wait to hear all about it. :goodvibes We have been super busy but we are having a big time so I can't complain. Hope you had a nice weekend as well! :goodvibes

I missed the update---been offline with a nasty computer virus.

Your breakfast at CRT sounds great-I know the girls loved meeting the princesses while they were in princess mode that morning!

Josie's crazy eyes are cracking me up! :laughing:

Congrats on getting your waitlist for your October trip! :thumbsup2

`Sorry to hear about the computer virus. :sad2: Those stink!

CRT was good and Lindsey enjoyed her princess time. Josie and those crazy eyes. She knows I hate when she does that so she does it to be funny. It is kind of funny though. ;) She's an aggravator like her Daddy. :rolleyes1

I'm really excited about the wait list. I couldn't believe it's less points to stay at Kidani than it is to stay at SSR for the same days in the same type accommodations. :confused3 We loved Kidani so it will be good to get back. :goodvibes

Aww thank you so much and welcome to my TR! :welcome: You will love TH breakfast. It was soooo good. You've made a great choice. I see in your siggie that you have a new DS and he is a preemie! I hope he is doing well. Your DD is gorgeous. :cutie: :goodvibes

Aw, thank you so much. Our son is doing amazingly well for a 26-week preemie; we feel so very blessed. And, thank you for your kinds words about our daughter -- it's cute looking back at those "old" Disney photos now that she's a toddler running around! Your DD's are simply gorgeous; it's so fun reading your TR and imaging what my DD will be like at their ages!

So after meeting Tiana and Naveen we decided to see if Josie could get on Splash and BTMRR. We checked out the wait times and the wait at Splash was 30 minutes while the wait for BTMRR was 45. We decided to grab FP's for BTMRR and just wait in standby for Splash.

Josie made it through the height check with no problems at all. We entered the queue and started making our way through what seemed like miles of railing. The wait turned out to be more like 50 minutes. :scared1: It has been several years since I rode it as I let Joe and Lindsey ride and Josie and I would go shopping while they rode. Getting wet just doesn't appeal to me that much so I don't mind. Josie rode with me and Lindsey rode with Joe. Josie really enjoyed the theming and kept saying "is this the big hill?", "Is this the big hill". It was so funny watching her experience it. :goodvibes Once we made it to the big hill, we zoomed down, Joe lost his DVC member hat, we got slightly wet and Josie LOVED EVERY SECOND OF IT!!! It was a lot of fun for all of us really.

As we exited, we realized we had only 5 minutes before our FP window for BTMRR so we ran into the store to look for a new hat for Joe, but no such luck. Instead we grabbed a quick drink and relaxed for a few.

We turned in our FP's and once again Josie measured tall enough to ride. We were on the ride in just a few minutes. While we were waiting though, I got a text from Jay and Leona. Those lucky ducks had been asked to be the Grand Marshalls of the 3pm parade. They were being honored for the volunteer work we did together in February. That was pretty exciting so we texted back that we would go find seats early so we could get pics for them.

As we got on the ride, Josie was beside herself. She kept saying "this is my first roller coaster Momma!". It was really cute. Here's a pic of her getting ready to head out...

IMG_0879.jpg

She caught on pretty quick as to how the whole thing works...look at my little adrenaline junky...

IMG_0880.jpg

IMG_0881.jpg

As we came to a stop and were heading into the station to exit, in the loudest voice possible Josie shouted "Now that's what I'm talkin' bout!". We about fell out. Everyone around us was cracking up. I have no idea where she got that, but I instantly knew what the title of our trip report was going to be. :laughing:

After the ride it was right after 2pm so we decided to make our way over to Main Street to find a good spot for the parade. We didn't make it through Frontierland before Josie crashed in her stroller. I told Joe to take Josie and the stroller and walk through the shops on Main Street to keep her cool while she rested a little. In the meantime, Lindsey and I went over and got some FP's for Space Mountain. It didn't take us long to get them. Within 15 minutes we had the FP's and were scoping out a location for the parade. We found a great shady spot on the sidewalk right in front of the Emporium. At 3pm in the afternoon, it was some prime real estate for sure. Lindsey and I sat large and waited for Joe to meet us.

He was there in about 10 minutes and luckily Josie was still napping. That was a good thing. The longer she naps the more pleasant her attitude. :rotfl2: She woke up about 15 minutes before the parade started and was in a great mood when she rose up out of her stroller.

Anyway, as the time got closer to the parade to begin, we started seeing more and more people trying to crowd us and butt in. I had to politely ask this woman and her girlfriend to step aside. I can't believe how rude people can be. Here we are, we've been sitting there for 30 minutes or more and you think you can just come and walk in front of us and force your way in front of my 4 year old and 9 year old by pushing them back. Aint' happenin' sisters!! I gave them a few minutes to do the right thing and then I had to say something. I hated that I had to say something to grown adults but when it comes to the girls, watch out people. Luckily they moved aside without saying anything so it didn't get ugly but it sure had the potential. :laughing:

As we got closer to parade time, the CM's started bringing around stickers and other fun stuff to keep the kids occupied.

Here are the girls blowing some bubbles...

IMG_4681.jpg

IMG_4682.jpg

Then the parade started and right off we spotted the McFarlands!! Here they are...

IMG_4684.jpg

IMG_4688.jpg

IMG_4689.jpg

It was so awesome to see them in the parade. I know they were :cloud9:.

The parade was amazing like always and we really had a great shady spot to watch it from. Here are some of my favorite pics we took during the parade..

IMG_4694.jpg

IMG_4695.jpg

IMG_4697.jpg

IMG_4703.jpg

IMG_4707.jpg

IMG_4709.jpg

IMG_4714.jpg

IMG_4716.jpg

IMG_4719.jpg

After the parade we decided to head over to Tomorrowland to catch Buzz and Space Mountain. Joe was convinced that it was going to take too long to wait for Buzz so he and Lindsey went over to Space and used their FP's. Josie and I flew through the buzz line and we were on and through before Joe and Lindsey finished Space.

While we were on BL, the ride stopped in the second room. Our screens blacked out and scores were reset to zero. While we were waiting on the ride to restart, a CM came through and asked the man two cars down from us if he had exited the vehicle while the ride was in motion. He said "yes, I dropped my sunglasses!". She started really lecturing this guy about how dangerous what he had done was and she was 100% correct. I can't believe the guy jumped out and then back in the car. How crazy was that huh? Anyway, after about 10 minutes the ride restarted and we finished battling Zurg. It was kind of bummer to lose those first points but we managed to get over 100k by the end of the ride.

We exited the ride and we made our way over to Space to meet up with Linds and Joe. While we were waiting, paramedics came running through with a gurney (not sure on the spelling of that word). A lady about my age was holding a toddler and the toddler was limp. The paramedics took her from her mother and put her on the gurney. They put an oxygen mask on her and the poor little thing started trying to sit up, so they strapped her down. I really don't know what was going on but it was really scary. You could tell the Mom was really worried. I really hope the little girl was okay. :sad1:

After we met up with Joe and Linds we started making our way to the front. We had a dinner ressie at 1900PF and we were meeting up with the McFarlands. Again, we decided to take the monorail, and again it took FOREVER.

Up next: 1900PF - Lots of fun here!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter