• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Now That's What I'm Talkin' 'Bout!"- Our 1st DVC stay-May 2010-Wrap Up 9/23

Leanne, that was a great update!! I have never seen the lion up and about on the safari...great shots!

What a great picture that group shot is! Everyone looks great! That picture of the girls sleeping is adorable...they are too cute!!!

I can't wait to hear all about BBBpopcorn::

Thanks Queen! I think the key to seeing the lion is going later in the day. Since by nature they are nocturnal, we may need to adjust our game plan next time. :goodvibes

It was a fun group. :thumbsup2 Poor Lindsey wakes up with the craziest hair every morning, in that pic you can kind of see why. :rotfl2:

BBB is coming up after softball this morning! ;)

Just joining in. Somehow I have never seen your TR before.

Your GG looks like so much fun. I love the shot of the girls sleeping. It is so cute how kids stay awake for all the excitement and then as soon as there head hits the pillow they are asleep.

Can't wait to see more.

Hi and welcome to my TR!! :welcome:

I haven't seen yours either! I will be sure to stop by. The softball craziness is over this week so thankfully I will have more time to DIS. :laughing:

The GG was a lot of fun. You described our girls to a T. They play hard they rest hard. :goodvibes

Happy Saturday Readers! Both girls have softball games in less than an hour, so the BBB update will have to wait until later today. I have uploaded everything and will just have to write it. I hope everyone is having a great weekend with beautiful weather! :flower3: Talk to ya soon!

Good luck to the girls on their games today. I loved playing softball when I was younger, have very fond memories!! :) I got the baked beans on to warm, and heading up to my dad's in a couple of hours!! :) I'll have to take my camera, my family is always in for fun!! :) Chris got to come home, so we're celebrating father's day this weekend. Next weekend I clean getting ready for company!! BLAH!!! I hate cleaning!! LOL But, it's worth it. Yep, 2 weeks from tomorrow, I'm getting VERY excited!!!!!!!

Good luck to the girls on their games today. I loved playing softball when I was younger, have very fond memories!! :) I got the baked beans on to warm, and heading up to my dad's in a couple of hours!! :) I'll have to take my camera, my family is always in for fun!! :) Chris got to come home, so we're celebrating father's day this weekend. Next weekend I clean getting ready for company!! BLAH!!! I hate cleaning!! LOL But, it's worth it. Yep, 2 weeks from tomorrow, I'm getting VERY excited!!!!!!!
Both of the girls' teams won their games yesterday. It was soooooo hot yesterday when we got home. Joe cooked some dogs out on the grill and then we jumped in the pool for several hours. We are all burnt. Lindsey's has already soaked in and she looks tan this morning. She has her Daddy's skin. :confused3

How did the pig roast go? Did you get some good pics?

Lindsey has a friend coming over to stay the night so I will be tidying up as well. I hate spending weekend time on housework. :sick:

2 more weeks girl!!!! :banana::banana::banana:

hey, yea got some good pics, my dad was chasing everyone around with the head!! I'll post those later on tonight on my PTR probably. I hate doing housework on the weekends too, but that's really the only time i have!!! and with company coming, it's gotta get done REALLY well!! Anyways....I'll talk to you later girlfriend, better get back to it!!!

Gee whiz...I had my next installment all typed up and internet explorer "experienced a problem" and shut down. :headache:

So before I begin the BBB update, I need to tell you about something really special and sweet. When we got back to our room Sunday night (after the AKL bus debacle), we found two really special surprises waiting for us.

First, we found this...

IMG_0832.jpg

It was from Connie (longing2Batdisney) and her family. It was so cute. Inside was a Luke Skywalker Mickey and a HSM Minnie. The girls laid claim to those immediately. Down further in the bag was a really nice wood picture frame. That one was all mine. :lovestruc I'd post a picture but I put one of my favorite vacation pics in it and it's now on the bookcase in my office at work. Again, thank you so much Connie! We love it!

The other surprise was from Leona. Check it out as well...

IMG_0834.jpg

It was an embroidered bag and inside was fruit, cheese, chips, and crackers. It was so sweet of her as well. If you're reading, thank you so much Leona!!

It was so fun to come back to the room after a long day to not one but two wonderful surprises. Big thanks Connie and Leona! :hug:

Ok, back to our regularly scheduled programming...

Our MK day (Day 3) started at 6am Mickey time and 5am our time. :sick: The girls did pretty well getting up and getting some quick showers. While they were getting ready, Joe and I got everything we needed for the day together and got ourselves ready to head out. Sunday night Joe and I decided that he would drop the girls and I off and he would go pick up snacks and drinks to store in the room. We were off and headed out of the room at 7:00 am.

Our BBB appointment was at 8:00am and Joe got us to the parking lot of the Contemporary at about 7:30am. The girls and I jumped out, grabbed the stroller, and we were off. The walk to the MK was short and fast. We made it through bag inspection and the turnstiles with no trouble. As I was entering Main Street, I realized that I didn't grab the camera out of Joe's bag. :headache:

So Iphone pics would have to do until we met back up with Joe around 9:15 am. :sad2: I'm sorry readers, it was a brunette with blond highlights moment but I will share photopass pictures as soon as I get them I promise! :thumbsup2

Anyway, we headed down a nearly vacant Main Street, got a great glimpse of the castle and headed for BBB. Right as were getting to the hub, a nicely dressed CM asked if I had time to stop and let her pin trade with the girls. Of course, I said no problem. :goodvibes The girls had fun trading pins and then we were off again.

We got to the doors of the BBB about 10 minutes til 8am. While we were waiting we ran into Becky (ladybugmom) and her family. We chatted for a few minutes and before we knew it, we were entering the boutique.

As we were entering Lindsey looked at me and said "Mom, I think I really want to do the whole package again this year. " She looked so sad. We had been talking about doing just hair and makeup for at least 6 months and that's what she wanted until we got to the boutique. Since Josie was doing the whole package I didn't have the heart to tell her no. So it was two castle packages for us. :goodvibes

Josie decided she would like to be Princess Tiana and Lindsey chose to be Snow White. They were out of Tiana crowns so we got a teeny discount for that. It was kind of a bummer though, as I think Tiana's crown is so unique and fun. :goodvibes

We were waiting in the entrance when a FGIT came and asked the girls to follow her to the dressing rooms. She got near the doors and asked the girls to say the magic words to open the doors. My girls immediately said "Bibbidi, Boppidi, Boo!". The FGIT opened the door and the girls started oooohing and ahhing over their dresses. I was so focused on getting the girls dressed that I never even thought about getting a pic of the dresses, wands, and shoes being laid out before them. I was a such a bad DISer that morning. :sad2:

After getting dressed, we walked back out to the main salon area and the girls were introduced to the FGIT's that would be doing their makeovers. I pretty much perched myself next to Josie but Lindsey was in the next chair over. This was Lindsey's fourth BBB visit so she knows how it works (and my rules on the funky colored hair:rotfl2:). Both girls picked the fairytale princess hairdo.

I promise I don't love one child more than the other, I was just really focused on helping the FGIT with Josie. Here is a pic of Josie getting prepped for her makeover...

IMG_0341.jpg

finishing up and getting ready for the big reveal..

IMG_0343.jpg

Here is the FGIT getting ready to spin Josie for her big reveal. This FGIT was really into it and did such a wonderful job. :love:

IMG_0345.jpg

Josie's big reveal...

IMG_0346.jpg

Lindsey's big reveal...

IMG_0344.jpg

After gathering our things, paying the bill and tipping our FGIT's we headed over to the new photo session location "Castle Couture". It's in the location that used to house "Tinkerbell's Treasures". Becky and her DD were in front of us and her daughter looked so cute in her pink Cinderella dress. :cutie: Next it was our turn. The PP photographer did Lindsey first, then both girls, and then Josie individually. She did a fantastic job!

While waiting for the pics to upload, Josie darted out of CC unexpectedly. Lindsey and I went chasing after her. The little stinker had spotted the Fairy Godmother and wanted to talk to her. Of course, I scorned her for running off but I let her say hi anyway. They both gave her a huge hug, got some autographs and took this cute pic..

IMG_0349.jpg

After saying goodbye, we went back to CC and finally our pics were ready to view. It was really hard to choose which poses I was going to get printed but after about 5 minutes, I had made my choices and the pics were printing. I took these pics of the girls while we were waiting on the prints.

IMG_0348.jpg

IMG_0347-1.jpg

We got our prints, our cute folders, and we headed out to waste a few minutes while we waited for Joe to show up for breakfast at CRT.

Josie spotted what used to be called Cinderella's Carousel ( I shall call it that for now until I get used to the Prince Charming name), so we took a quick spin. No sooner than getting on and strapped in, Joe called. We took our ride and exited right as I saw Joe making his way to the carousel. We met up with him and headed over to CRT for breakfast.

I would include details and info on CRT but I'm right at the pic allotment so I will have to provide info in a different update. Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Up Next: CRT and Josie's first roller coaster ride :goodvibes

hey, yea got some good pics, my dad was chasing everyone around with the head!! I'll post those later on tonight on my PTR probably. I hate doing housework on the weekends too, but that's really the only time i have!!! and with company coming, it's gotta get done REALLY well!! Anyways....I'll talk to you later girlfriend, better get back to it!!!

Sounds like your Dad is a riot. Can't wait to see the pics. Good luck with the cleaning. :goodvibes

nice update!!!! Your Tiana DD had a great FGIT--Mary! She was always a hoot to work with when I worked there! She's really good with younger princesses too! The Snow White DD, not sure who hers was but they both looked great!!!

I can't wait for the PP pics!

Awww that's too bad that you forgot to grab the camera, but the pictures you did get turned out adorable! The BBB is just such an awesome idea and your daughters look adorable! Can't wait to hear more

Very cute BBB pics. I knew Linds would want a costume-good for her! I wish Avery had got my "no funky colored hair" message-oh well. Can't wait to see the rest of the pics.

What an exciting morning:cool1: The girls look so beautiful....I'm glad they both went all out...that Tiana dress is something else, just beautiful!!

That goodness for the PP....I can only imagine the feeling you must of had when you realized Joe had the camera:eek:

Can't wait to see pictures of CRT...the last time we were there was when I surprised Jasmine for her 12th birthday...how time has flown by:sad1:

Ok enough of that....can't wait for the next update:rolleyes1

Great update Leanne! The girls looked ADORABLE!! I think it's fun that Lindsey changed her mind and wanted the complete package! :cutie: I can't wait for Emily's 1st BBB appointment in December! She changes her mind every day on which princess dress she is going to choose!:)

Awesome you got the surprises in your room!

The BBB pictures are adorable. I love that Tiana dress...it is beautiful. Both the girls look great!

Cute surprises in your room. They were sweet to do that for you!

It sucks that you forgot the camera with Joe, but it sounds like the girls had a great time with their BBB morning. They look so cute in their dresses as well.

OMG the girls look SOOOOO cute!!!! Holy cow!!!! I wish I had a LITTLE girl that we could do that with!!! Both of the girls that are going with us are teenagers, they're more into texting!! Go figure!!! HAHA Enjoy that age while you can, before you know it, they'll be stealing your shoes and looking you in the eye!!! HAHA

what a fun update! I'm happy to hear Lindsey changed her mind and went for the castle pkg...let her stay young as long as you can!
I like your defination of leaving the camera I'll have to remember that one...since I'm usually running and normally forget something after I made sure to have it with me.

can't wait the hear more...sounds like a really fun trip up to this point!

you guys are very welcome! I'm glad the girls liked it and you like your frame...again Thank you for not leaving us stranded when we met you! :hug:
:wave2: Connie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter