• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Now that FPs have changed...

flortlebap

Disneyiac!
How does it work for multiple passes and is it even possible?

Say for example I get a FP for splash at 10am with a 2pm return window. Can I get a second FP after a couple of hours, or do I need to wait until 2pm?

Yes--nothing has changed except you need to return to the ride during the window or you'll be turned away. If your first FP is several hours in the future, you can still collect ones for another ride after 2 hours passes. :)

How does it work for multiple passes and is it even possible?

Say for example I get a FP for splash at 10am with a 2pm return window. Can I get a second FP after a couple of hours, or do I need to wait until 2pm?

The collecting of the FPs has not changed. It is the usage of the FP that has changed.

Let's clarify- if at 11am I get a FF for TT and it's for a 4-5pm return time, I can then walk over to RNRRC at 1pm for a FF there, correct.

Let's clarify- if at 11am I get a FF for TT and it's for a 4-5pm return time, I can then walk over to RNRRC at 1pm for a FF there, correct.

Yes ALTHOUGH I would check the bottom of the first FP and see what time it says you can get the second. On occasional less busy days the time to get that second FP isn't two hours into the future and you can get it earlier.

Liz

From the time you get a FP, you cannot get another until either the start time of the return window or 2 hours later from getting the FP.

Whichever is the earlier option.

so if you get a FP at 11am and the return starts at 12:20p, you cannot get another until 12:20pm (the earlier of the two times).

If you get the FP at 11am and the retrun starts at 3pm, then you cannot get another until 1pm (the earlier of the two times).

Technically, absolutely nothing has changed. What has happened is that over the years people, with Disneys permission started to extend the ending time beyond the published time on the FP. No harm, no foul, but now for whatever reason they have they felt the need to enforce the end time to the actual window time (Plus 15 minutes grace period) and that is the only difference. If you judge by the way people have reacted you might swear that they are asking for your first born, but really...no big deal.

just wanted to mention...though originally people were saying there was going to a 15 minute Grace Period on the new enforcement, not sure it is actually being allowed that way. On our recent trip (5/9-5/13/2012) we saw people being turned away 5 minutes after their fastpass window expired. Witnessed this at Toy Story, Splash Mountain and Ex. Everest. And heard a guy complaining that had happened to them the day before at Peter Pan, even though they were late because they were stuck on Haunted Mansion for 10 minutes.

just wanted to mention...though originally people were saying there was going to a 15 minute Grace Period on the new enforcement, not sure it is actually being allowed that way. On our recent trip (5/9-5/13/2012) we saw people being turned away 5 minutes after their fastpass window expired. Witnessed this at Toy Story, Splash Mountain and Ex. Everest. And heard a guy complaining that had happened to them the day before at Peter Pan, even though they were late because they were stuck on Haunted Mansion for 10 minutes.

Wow, that seems a little harsh :scared1:

Really, an hours window doesn't give you much room for error. I'm surprised they're not allowing people at least a few minutes each way :confused3

Wow, that seems a little harsh :scared1:

Really, an hours window doesn't give you much room for error. I'm surprised they're not allowing people at least a few minutes each way :confused3

they do have signs up at the fastpass machines warning people to show up within the times posted on their tickets, though. And really, some people would make up all sorts of excuses to why they were late, so where would you draw the line. So they apparently are drawing "the line" by telling you on the ticket when to be back, and that's that, I guess.

I think they've decided they have to enforce return times in order to make the new version of fastpass work well.

October will be my first trip to Disney since I was 10 so I never used fastpasses myself but I'm VERY glad they changed the rules. I am for the 15 minute grace period but I feel that using it anytime after the allowed time is cheating and its abuse of the system. Like having a fastpass for 12pm-1pm but coming at 7pm to use it? Really? I would feel rude doing that, I wouldn't even try, I would just wait in line like everyone else if I was over my allotted time. If I was the CM taking fastpasses I would be super annoyed at guests coming in way late. Its nice enough Disney has a fastpass service thats free, we must respect the rules! :cool1:

Must every thread with word "fastpass" in the title end up in the same place?

October will be my first trip to Disney since I was 10 so I never used fastpasses myself but I'm VERY glad they changed the rules. I am for the 15 minute grace period but I feel that using it anytime after the allowed time is cheating and its abuse of the system. Like having a fastpass for 12pm-1pm but coming at 7pm to use it? Really? I would feel rude doing that, I wouldn't even try, I would just wait in line like everyone else if I was over my allotted time. If I was the CM taking fastpasses I would be super annoyed at guests coming in way late. Its nice enough Disney has a fastpass service thats free, we must respect the rules! :cool1:

Must every thread with word "fastpass" in the title end up in the same place?

Agreed, this has nothing to do with the OP's question.

I will be down there next week and rather than test the grace period I will simply ask the CM's attending the FP lines what the deal is with the grace period and report back my findings.

Until someone reports that this happened directly...I am not necessarily buying into it. Seeing it? Did you see the Fastpass. Are you sure it wasn't 5 minutes after the Grace Period? Was it a busy day, especially at the high volume rides? On the Haunted Mansion one...do you know for a fact what the time was on the fastpass? Could it have been more than 10 minutes past the grace period therefore making that argument totally irrelevant?

Agreed, this has nothing to do with the OP's question.

I will be down there next week and rather than test the grace period I will simply ask the CM's attending the FP lines what the deal is with the grace period and report back my findings.

I doubt you will be told anything other then the official Disney stance so there will be very little to be learned by that. That's without taking into consideration how varied the opinions and interpretations that CM's can be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter