• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

now that disney is putting up Warning signs, will there be any big changes to the campground?

DisneyMarv

Mouseketeer
Would There be any changes at the campground besides warning signs since the campground is basically surrounded by wildlife ?

I haven't heard anything officially but I am guessing those Disney Lawyers are in there looking at all the areas of all resorts and the sign company Disney use is going to get a lot of work real soon. I hope they don't go too far though. I think it is correct to remind people but not point out a squirrel could trip you up as you walk to the showers ...

I haven't heard anything officially but I am guessing those Disney Lawyers are in there looking at all the areas of all resorts and the sign company Disney use is going to get a lot of work real soon. I hope they don't go too far though. I think it is correct to remind people but not point out a squirrel could trip you up as you walk to the showers ...

yeah I just hope they don't go too far we will have to see in the coming months what they plan to do in each resort, Especially the campground.

Our favorite site is on a canal, and I would hate to see fencing along all the water ways

Ok, they are also adding "Signs" to the Canals and water ways inside Fort Wilderness, including the Meadows and the Creekside group camping areas.

Wildlife while camping? who would expect wildlife when camping. :fish:

I'm sure we're going to see a very fast overhaul of all signage everywhere and a lot more added as quickly as they can be produced. Now the question is how overboard is the insurance company going to require disney to go.,

Wildlife while camping? who would expect wildlife when camping. :fish:

I'm sure we're going to see a very fast overhaul of all signage everywhere and a lot more added as quickly as they can be produced. Now the question is how overboard is the insurance company going to require disney to go.,
I am pretty certain Disney self insures for these type incidents.

Reports so far are yes they will with CMs supervising.
In scuba gear?

Or are we talking about a rope barrier with CMs every ten feet.

This is going to be very difficult for Disney in the short and long term. In the blink of an eye, their whole water based landscaping and theming strategy with many hectares of semi-wilderness in between parks and hotels has become a liability and an expensive drawback.

Universal will benefit from being a more compact, contained, semi-urban property bounded by municipal conventions and safety practices.

In scuba gear?

At the Poly last week, guests were allowed on the sidewalk but not the sand. 2 cast members were out, and the only time I saw them need to do anything was at the end of the fireworks when everyone was standing, and they simply just reminded guests to stay off the sand

At the Poly last week, guests were allowed on the sidewalk but not the sand. 2 cast members were out, and the only time I saw them need to do anything was at the end of the fireworks when everyone was standing, and they simply just reminded guests to stay off the sand
Dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb

We are at poly now. You can watch fireworks from beach. Lifeguard present. Once they are done, beach closed signs go up til morning

No fishing anywhere no property unless guided excursion (that will effect camp ground)

I would think that campers would be familiar with the hazards that may lurk in the woods. I hope the lawyers don't go overboard here.

That's asking the impossible!!

Next there will be signs telling you there ARE signs---

We are at poly now. You can watch fireworks from beach. Lifeguard present. Once they are done, beach closed signs go up til morning

No fishing anywhere no property unless guided excursion (that will effect camp ground)

Lifeguard?? Or just a CM making sure folks aren't dumb enough to still get in the water??

In scuba gear?

This is going to be very difficult for Disney in the short and long term. In the blink of an eye, their whole water based landscaping and theming strategy with many hectares of semi-wilderness in between parks and hotels has become a liability and an expensive drawback.

Universal will benefit from being a more compact, contained, semi-urban property bounded by municipal conventions and safety practices.

Funny how one incident in 40+ years can now become a game changing item. My guess is tho that in the long run this won't discourage many folks from still going to WDW unless they are afraid of their own shadows.

That's asking the impossible!!

Next there will be signs telling you there ARE signs---

This may be an urban legend but ... someone told me years ago that a ladder manufacturer put lots of warning stickers on their ladders about the hazards of falling, etc. Someone successfully sued them on the grounds that "I was distracted because there were too many warnings!"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter