Now I have to decide help!!

ctnurse

DIS Veteran
Now with the free dining I have to decide where to stay. Im thinking about a moderate or Wilderness Lodge or Animal Kingdom. It will be dh,myself and 2 and1/2 ds. Help I cant make a decision.

Wildress Lodge is a great place to stay. My kids always looked forward to the boat ride to Magic Kingdom. It is our favorite place to stay, it's like being in the middle of the magic. If you do not stay at WL just go over and check out the lobby.

I am a huge AKL fan. There is nothing like looking out from your balcony and seeing giraffes and zebras. It's so tranquil and exotic!
They have a fantastic bus system that is dedicated to only the AKL, no sharing with another resort, like most others do.
There are nice kids activities, also.
Actually both the WL and the AKL are winners! You can't go wrong. :thumbsup2

Wherever you stay, have a great vacation.

AKL is our choice. Have stayed there with DS (now 8) for the last three years. The kids activities are wonderful. The zero entry pool is very nice for little ones. Plus, they have a food court restaurant which is also nice. The store is large and has lots of stuff. There is only one bus stop...so you get on and go right to the park. Same thing for coming back. The rooms are good size for kids. If you have a savannah room sitting on the balcony watching animals while kids nap is very relaxing.

If you stay there ask to be close to the main lobby area. If you are at the end of the U it can be a long walk in the evenings when everyone is tired.

wilderness lodge is great for a 2.5 yo because you can just grab a quick boat ride back to hotel from mk where you will probably spend a lot of time. enjoy

I'd do WL. It's so close to MK with kids that age. :) Save AKL for when they get older and can appreciate the surroundings. :thumbsup2

Either place will be great. With little ones I think AKL may be more enjoyable for the kids, esp if they are early risers. One parent can take them out to watch the animals while the other sleeps in.

If you have never stayed at WL, then that is what I would choose. Especially with a little bitty, you will appreciate your closeness to MK. WL is a very nice resort. If you have stayed there before, then give AKL a try. We haven't stayed there yet, but plan to at some point. It seems very nice, but based on the location I would wait until my child was a little older. She won't really remember much. Go for the convenience. :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter