• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

now I dont know what to do ---cancelled SW trip

Dznypal

DIS Veteran
we were supossed to be leaving today for Vegas unfortunalty Im just getting over strep throat and DH has been sick with bronchitis since Sat. we do have trip protection with our credit card but

the issue is since I booked with SW vacations and used a $30 credit the funds will only be good until the end of Oct we are rebooking for Nov

SW will give me a voucher for almost $600 I paid $813 (for air and hotel)

or should I wait to hear from the insurance to see what they will give me--I dont want things to get even more messed up with insurance saying well you had a credit the problem there I cant use it before it expires

I will need the insurance for the hotel and show tickets we had---what a mess!!!!!

any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated--I just dont know what to do they wont do the voucher until the funds expire which would be Nov2

thanks all

I tried to read the terms for SW Vacations cancellation, but Southwest is still having troubles with their computer system. However, sounds as if you have already dealt with them. Having to use a Southwest credit for a cancelled flight within a year of the original booking is their usual policy, so no surprise there.

As far as your insurance, none of us knows what was covered. If you've already submitted a claim, sit tight and see what they will pay.

I'm not really sure what your issue is.

Wait to hear from insurance. Southwest has some policy about extending credits for a price, so you might only lose $100 of that credit, depending how they issued it.

yet another question sorry as you can probably tell Ive never had to cancel a vacation before

ok I have full credit--well almost full-is it policy that EBCI and the credit that I used the first time you lose that?

also we already have another trip planned for 11-9 through 11-12 thats a reschudle of this one

now with this credit if I rebook now for use in Nov so I can keep all the credit

or does travel have to be finished by the expiration date--in my case Oct 30

thanks for the replies

yet another question sorry as you can probably tell Ive never had to cancel a vacation before

ok I have full credit--well almost full-is it policy that EBCI and the credit that I used the first time you lose that?

also we already have another trip planned for 11-9 through 11-12 thats a reschudle of this one

now with this credit if I rebook now for use in Nov so I can keep all the credit

or does travel have to be finished by the expiration date--in my case Oct 30

thanks for the replies

I believe travel has to be complete. That's a risk with SW credits. When you use them, no matter how small, the entire new ticket takes on the expiration date of the oldest credit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter