• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

now i am torn

magiccouple2004

DIS Veteran<br><font color=limegreen>Secretly want
i have ressies for june 3-13 at pofq and after looking at pics and reading posts i am wondering if i should change to all star music??? money is not an issue i just want to have fun and relax but i am just torn now on which one???? any ideas or suggestions???

I have stayed at ASMovies and POFQ. The All Stars are nice, especially with little kids. The rooms are a little smaller and a little noisier. At POFQ, you can boat to Downtown Disney or POR. You can also walk to POR. Most of the buses pick you up and drop you off first. You also get two sinks and a curtain to block off that area and a small fridge at POFQ. It's also smaller and easy to walk to the food court. The food courts at the moderates also seem to be better quality, although the same prices as the value resorts. (Little things, like at POFQ, they toast the buns for the meatball sandwiches and at POP they didn't- leaving a soggy bun!). Personally, I would choose POFQ!
But, no matter which one you choose, you will be at WDW and it will be Magical!
Have fun!

thanks!!! i think i am just going to leave my ressie as is we stayed at riverside last year and loved it we were on honeymoon and tried for fq but didnt get it so i am going to leave as is :)

Have you thought about splitting your reservation between to resorts? As a travel agent, I try my best to not put clients in the All-Star resorts any longer. My professional opinion is that Disney corrected all of their mistakes with the All-Star Resorts when they built Pop Century......much larger check in area.....MUCH larger food court area with excellent choices. My family is very fortunate to have stayed at every resort on grounds. Behind the Polynesian Resort, Pop Century is our favorite......50's building facing pool....close to main building....constant 50's music.....pool shaped like a bowling pin.....huge juke box icon.....Lady and the Tramp icons.....laundry facility right by pool with many washers and dryers.....my family loves it and you can't beat the price. We did a split stay between POR and Pop just two weeks ago.

if money is not the issue I would stay at the hotel tal appeals to you and your kids. one thing to remember is that allstar prperties are noiser than the other props and the moderates and up have waterslides and hot tubs to rest your ache bones after walking all day.

We'll be at POFQ at the same time! :wave:

We were originally booked for POP but changed because POFQ looks more relaxing. :)

I can't imagine why anyone would change to a value from a moderate IF money wasn't an issue. I personally like POR better than FQ, but lots of people on the boards love FQ. The values are in my opinion very tacky and cheap - not to mention loud and crazy. There are NO sit down restaurants. In fact, if I had to stay value, I'd consider off-site. We stayed at All Star twice a long long time ago.

PamNC

PamNC said:
I can't imagine why anyone would change to a value from a moderate IF money wasn't an issue. I personally like POR better than FQ, but lots of people on the boards love FQ. The values are in my opinion very tacky and cheap - not to mention loud and crazy. There are NO sit down restaurants. In fact, if I had to stay value, I'd consider off-site. We stayed at All Star twice a long long time ago.

PamNC

Have you stayed at Pop Century????? Don't knock it until you've tried it. It's better that the All-Stars by leaps and bounds....my family loves it...money is not an issue....we still love it and choose to stay there.

magiccouple2004 said:
i have ressies for june 3-13 at pofq and after looking at pics and reading posts i am wondering if i should change to all star music??? money is not an issue i just want to have fun and relax but i am just torn now on which one???? any ideas or suggestions???

All Star Music is my favorite resort.
The theming at the All Stars is so Disney! :wizard:
I travel several times a year and often stay at 4 star resorts so Disney's Deluxe and mod resorts are just another hotel/motel room to me.
Staying at the All Stars is like being in the middle of the magic and that is where I want to be!

It is quieter at All Star Music because more couples stay there.
DH and I enjoy lounging by the pool. The pool area is not very noisy because children are not rushing for the slides (there are no slides) and yelling for their parents to watch while they go down the slide.

The room sizes are only a tad bigger at the mods.

The bathroom is about the same size as the All Stars but at a mod there 2 sinks instead of one.

portorleansriv.gif

POR room lay out

here is the All Star room layout'

All_Star_Sports_Room_View.gif

[All Star Sports room layout

There is not a lot of room size difference.

The choice of a resort is up to you. The one plus for POFQ is the boat ride to DTD if that is what you enjoy.

Me?
I enjoy relaxing at the All Star Music pool.

Have fun at Disney!

PamNC said:

PamNC

I guess I just don't see the All Stars the same way as you. I don't see them as tacky and cheap and crazy. I see them as Disney with all the wonderful Disney icons.
All Star Music has always been quiet.
The Contemporary was loud and noisy when I stayed there.
My DH owns a multimillion dollar business.We have 4 children who we put through college. Our youngest will graduate with a double major in December. We are debt free and own a 5 bedroom, 4 bath lakefront home on a private golf course. We have a large inground heated pool with slide and hot tub.
I can well afford to stay at any of Disney's resorts.

It is so wonderful that Disney offers so many choices of resorts because
different people enjoy and look for different things on a Disney vacation.

My choice, my favorite Disney resort is All Star Music.

When I think of a Disney Resort. I think of The All Stars.

I have been visiting since 1971 when it was brand new.
Most people would think I would equate the Poly or The Contemporary with Disney.
Not Me! The Poly and Contemporary may be nice resorts but they just do not seem Disneyto me.

I love the giant icons at the All Stars. The huge Coke cups with the straws in them at All Star Sports, the Giant Buzz and Woody and the Mickey pool at All Star Movies, and the pool with Donald at All Star Music. I feel like I stepped into a Disney Movie Fantasyland when I am at the All Stars.
Now that is Disney!
When we pull up to All Stars and I see those giant icons I get the biggest smile on my face. I know I am at Disney! :goodvibes

magiccouple2004 said:
thanks!!! i think i am just going to leave my ressie as is we stayed at riverside last year and loved it we were on honeymoon and tried for fq but didnt get it so i am going to leave as is :)

I think you are making a good decision! :thumbsup2 What you should do is take some time and visit Allstar music while you are there so you know for in the future if you'd like to stay there. Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter