Now I’m losing it

vwlfan

DIS Veteran
It’s got to be me. I’ve been doing this for too long. Our trip begins 7/15. Today is 60 days out right? Shouldn’t I be able to book starting today for a 10 day trip? Tried to go online at 545 am. No luck. Tried at 6am/. Only 7/15 is available, except across 82 open so called, restaurants, like 4 are available. And I can’t get past 7/15.

this leads me to think, that TOMORROW is my booking day, and heavens, I hope that’s true.

so at 7AM I called at the dot of 7. Uhhh, TWO hour wait. And I really was only trying to verify that I have the wrong booking date.

But the actual consternation is the abject fear that people smarter than I, mostly everyone I think, has scooped up everything for a 10 day trip.

advice or anxiety reduction strategies are welcome.

60 days from today is 7/15. Just curious, where are you staying? And all 10 days are the same resort reservation?

I am in the same boat as you. I was on right at 6am and it won't let me book anything after 7/15. It shows me the dates available, but when I click on an open time I get the lady and tramp error screen. I am staying onsite.

It’s got to be me. I’ve been doing this for too long. Our trip begins 7/15. Today is 60 days out right? Shouldn’t I be able to book starting today for a 10 day trip? Tried to go online at 545 am. No luck. Tried at 6am/. Only 7/15 is available, except across 82 open so called, restaurants, like 4 are available. And I can’t get past 7/15.

this leads me to think, that TOMORROW is my booking day, and heavens, I hope that’s true.

so at 7AM I called at the dot of 7. Uhhh, TWO hour wait. And I really was only trying to verify that I have the wrong booking date.

But the actual consternation is the abject fear that people smarter than I, mostly everyone I think, has scooped up everything for a 10 day trip.

advice or anxiety reduction strategies are welcome.

On-site

I am in the same boat as you. I was on right at 6am and it won't let me book anything after 7/15. It shows me the dates available, but when I click on an open time I get the lady and tramp error screen. I am staying onsite.

i can’t get 7/15

onsite, but a split

Ok, it should be letting you make ADRs for the first stay. It won’t open the window to the second stay until 60 days from the start of that stay.

I was just on the website and did get a “searching is unavailable right now” for a few minutes but then it started working.

Good luck!

Oh ok, I guess not the exact same. It lets me book for the 15th. It shows my other dates highlighted in blue on the calendar but I can't seem to book any of them except the 15th.

Ok, it should be letting you make ADRs for the first stay. It won’t open the window to the second stay until 60 days from the start of that stay.

I was just on the website and did get a “searching is unavailable right now” for a few minutes but then it started working.

Good luck!

thanks so much! Does that mean I have to book each day’s reservations separately?

Oh ok, I guess not the exact same. It lets me book for the 15th. It shows my other dates highlighted in blue on the calendar but I can't seem to book any of them except the 15th.

im only highlighted for the 15th..

thanks so much! Does that mean I have to book each day’s reservations separately?

You’ll have two booking windows, so to speak.

Making up your dates here, but an example...

Stay #1 is 7/15-7/19 - you should be able to make ADRs for 7/15-7/19 today
Stay #2 is 7/19-7/25 - you should be able to make ADRs for 7/20-7/25 on 5/20 (which is 60 days before 7/19)

Thanks so much. It’s still got me locked at 715. I just restarted my iPad, maybe it’s a device glitch

I had this issue on the app earlier this month. I went online with a computer and it allowed me to book my window. I closed and reopened the app after making some reservations and it started showing me my whole window.

you might try a few different things like closing app, ensuring up to date, using a computer, deleting cookies, etc or call worst case.

I always have the app ready on my phone in case I have trouble with the computer. I have had to use it from time to time when the website wasn't working.

Is your stay DVC (vacation club)? Unfortunately not being able to book for full stay is a known issue/quirk of some DVC stays. Fingers crossed you are able to get everything you want!

Ok mystery solved. And yes it was my fault. I had not linked my room reservations with MDE. it’s taking more time to write this than it took for the CM to figure it out and take care of it. As GADisneyDad14 said, the split stay does require some extra steps. So now I will call DVC Member Services to try to take care of that.

The CM was great. Even found an Oga’s reservation. No luck on Beaches and Cream, but I’ll keep trying. Thanks to everyone for their interest and support.

Another tip is to be sure you are logged in on the website. Sometimes the ADRs are wonky if you haven't logged in immediately before trying. It makes it look like you are logged in, but I guess you aren't. Also, sometimes an incognito window helps.

Glad you got it resolved.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter