now how about a room only discount????

I realize that I am very fortunate in that I was able to secure FD for the, now dreaded, first week in December (what the heck???). Additionally, we are flying on SWA points so the flights only cost $10 for the 2 of us R/T and DH has free drink coupons for both ways. Also, DD works at another area Theme park and will get us 2 day passes there for free along with her discount for food/souveniers and a pretty decent discount for Blue Man Group. We will have about $300 in free money on our DVRR.

So what do I want? A RO discount for our first night!!! We are checking in on Friday 11/29, the day after Thanksgiving so I'm not really expecting anything but hey I can hope!!!!

We are actually only doing 2 park days in WDW as I promised non-Disney fan DH this would not be a "Disney Trip" so I am not too worried about crowds except our MK day which is Monday 12/2. Its a PM EMH and 1 of only 2 nights w/MSEP and Wishes but we will manage!!!

How does one find out about the Visa holder discount? Do you call and ask a CM? Would it be available to the basic cardholders? Thanks.

You won't have too look further than these discount discussion boards. The visa discount is only for holders of the Disney Visa rewards credit card and Debit card offerred through Chase. The available discounts are posted on the Disney Visa website http://disneyrewards.com/ under limited time offers.
Card holders usually get an email as well when new offers are made available. The website update and emails are usually a few hours after the go live date/time.
Again, the best place to find out is right here, typically we call to book a Disney Visa discount the morning it becomes available and the CM we speak with are unaware of a new discount until attempting to book our stay. Thanks to these boards, we know before most- including the CM at disney .

Hi everyone! Joining in. We are heading to WDW 10-21 and staying at BC and a RO makes more sense to us. Would love a RO leak today?? Maybe??

You won't have too look further than these discount discussion boards. The visa discount is only for holders of the Disney Visa rewards credit card and Debit card offerred through Chase. The available discounts are posted on the Disney Visa website http://disneyrewards.com/ under limited time offers.
Card holders usually get an email as well when new offers are made available. The website update and emails are usually a few hours after the go live date/time.
Again, the best place to find out is right here, typically we call to book a Disney Visa discount the morning it becomes available and the CM we speak with are unaware of a new discount until attempting to book our stay. Thanks to these boards, we know before most- including the CM at disney .

I am a Disney Visa card holder but I booked my trip with cash. Will I still be able to take advantage of the early offer?

I can't wait to see info about the room only discount so my Husband can stop obsessing about it. He's driving me crazy. Every time I think he has his mind made up, he starts changing it all over again.

Also hoping for a RO discount that covers my dates ( Dec 4-13) at the poly! I was so sad about FD that we almost changed our dates to Dec 12-20... and may still do that if the RO discount does not include my dates. I think the RO would save me more money though!

Nothing yet. With so much focus on free dining, sometimes the room discounts get thrown by the wayside as far as leaks go.

Thanks! I really can't wait until Monday! The wait is killing me! Hopefully there will be some new info before then!

For my upcoming trip, I have a AAA room discount (10%). FD is rumored to start 11/11 (we check in on 11/8) so I am hoping for a RO discount. If only part of my trip is covered by the RO discount, can the other days be covered by the AAA discount?

For my upcoming trip, I have a AAA room discount (10%). FD is rumored to start 11/11 (we check in on 11/8) so I am hoping for a RO discount. If only part of my trip is covered by the RO discount, can the other days be covered by the AAA discount?

You'd have to break it up into 2 reservations. They can't start a discount part way through. Whatever you're eligible for and have applied for your check in day is what is on the whole time.

Joining in. We are traveling Oct. 12-19 which is not (reportedly) covered with the free dining dates.

I do have a question if anyone could help me please. We are currently scheduled to stay at Art of Animation standard rooms which haven't been included in any discounts to date. Should I go ahead and switch to another resort in the event a room only discount is released that includes my dates? Or should I just wait and see if any discount is released during my dates and then switch?

What to do, what to do :confused3

Joining in. We are traveling Oct. 12-19 which is not (reportedly) covered with the free dining dates.

I do have a question if anyone could help me please. We are currently scheduled to stay at Art of Animation standard rooms which haven't been included in any discounts to date. Should I go ahead and switch to another resort in the event a room only discount is released that includes my dates? Or should I just wait and see if any discount is released during my dates and then switch?

What to do, what to do :confused3

Wait. If you change now and then no discount covers your dates, you may lose your LM room to someone else.

Thank you. Do you think I would have any trouble getting in either Movies or Pop if I wait?

Nope. Booking now doesn't give you any advantage to getting the discount. Either way they will only be able to give you free dining from the pool of rooms available under the code. You'll be fine. :goodvibes I would do POP, though, that way you can walk over to AoA and still enjoy the food court and the grounds.

Nope. Booking now doesn't give you any advantage to getting the discount. Either way they will only be able to give you free dining from the pool of rooms available under the code. You'll be fine. :goodvibes I would do POP, though, that way you can walk over to AoA and still enjoy the food court and the grounds.

Good point. Thanks for your help!

OK - DH and I will be going for our "training for Disney" walk tonight. Let's see if he drives me crazy talking about changing his mind on hotel again and speculating about what the discount might be. He promised me Poly Club Level and that's what this Princess is getting - discount or no discount! :yay:

Here's some info for now. The Room Discount will run until December 23rd, with the only blackout dates being Thanksgiving week.

Dave is doing a write-up, and I'll post a link in the morning with more info.

Here's some info for now. The Room Discount will run until December 23rd, with the only blackout dates being Thanksgiving week.

Dave is doing a write-up, and I'll post a link in the morning with more info.

Thank you both very much. We already have a AAA discount on our room, but the thought of saving more excites us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter