Now And Then!!

I think I might be losing my mind here. Is this WDW? From that picture there are two sets of Dumbo's. That didn't happen until 2012. I'm confused.

She is in the "test" dumbo in front of the ride that you can get in to take photos or make sure you fit.

Easter 2009

WDW2009-0380 by 2Tiggies, on Flickr

October 2010

100_1689-Copy.jpg

October 2011

DSC_0322.jpg

September 2012

100 Acre Wood and Friends (us) by 2Tiggies, on Flickr

Even though DS and DH have been with me more than 10 times I can't really find any pictures that come close for "Then and Now" :sad1:

Here's the closest I could pull together for now!

2002 DS and friend (he's in the red shirt facing us)

.AK%20-%20Kali%20RR%2012-L.jpg

2006 DS in the blue plaid shirt facing us, sitting alone

IMG_4556ed.-L.jpg

Those are cool :thumbsup2 You don't get that many Rapids photos, for obvious reasons, but it's usually videos that are posted.

I just noticed something interesting as I scrolled down the page. On my first two photos there is a drain pipe next to the WTP spot where we are sitting. It was gone in 2011 but you can see the mark on the wall where it had been.

We took a photo for a family with their camera here in 2009 and they offered to take one of us. I had another one done the following year and when I saw how my daughter had grown I decided to get one every year in the same spot (we have no plans to stop going to Disney :lmao:)

PeterPanic: Yes, the previous poster is correct... The 2008 photo of my dd on "Dumbo" is actually taken in the extra ride cart that was situated outside the ride for photos or whatever. Sorry about the confusion. :thumbsup2

This progression is JUST PERFECT! :cloud9: I love it! I hope you'll continue to add your new ones to this thread as you get them.

D~

Even though DS and DH have been with me more than 10 times I can't really find any pictures that come close for "Then and Now" :sad1:

Here's the closest I could pull together for now!

2002 DS and friend (he's in the red shirt facing us)

.AK%20-%20Kali%20RR%2012-L.jpg

2006 DS in the blue plaid shirt facing us, sitting alone

IMG_4556ed.-L.jpg

These are really cool too! I agree - this is a hard ride to get pictures on anyways, so awesome that you have these!

D~

Those are cool :thumbsup2 You don't get that many Rapids photos, for obvious reasons, but it's usually videos that are posted.

These are really cool too! I agree - this is a hard ride to get pictures on anyways, so awesome that you have these!

D~

Thank you! But you'd think that after 20+ years of taking DS to DWDW we'd have a few repeats......DH and DS just aren't into posing!

She is in the "test" dumbo in front of the ride that you can get in to take photos or make sure you fit.

Amazing...I never noticed one there before. Of course, I haven't had a reason to go anywhere near that ride since my girls went to college about 18 years ago.

Thank you! But you'd think that after 20+ years of taking DS to DWDW we'd have a few repeats......DH and DS just aren't into posing!

Ha ha, I will lend you my daughter for a day if you like Kathy :lmao: She LOVES cameras and posing and gets quite indignant not to be in a shot, lol. She has photo bombed more than a few!

My wife and I in 1973 and 2011. We are going back next month for our 35th trip from Texas. I started this thread in 2005 and I am glad to see it is still going.
WDW%25201973.jpg

P5150047.JPG

These are great. I have some, but I don't like putting my family on the internet. You all have wonderful pictures.

I have been anxiously waiting to get enough years between our trips to have a definite aging in my pics and I finally have something to share!

This is DS and DD, then and now...

thenandnowMinniecopy.jpg

This is DD then and DD and I now...

thenandnowEeyorecopy.jpg

On our first trip to WDW, DS was 12 and he was way too cool to have his picture made with characters or get autographs. Well, it took less than 12 hours on the ground before he was begging for a book and jumping up at every character meal. I LOVE LOVE LOVE that he still just as excited about Disney as he was then. :cloud9:

I have been anxiously waiting to get enough years between our trips to have a definite aging in my pics and I finally have something to share!

This is DS and DD, then and now...

thenandnowMinniecopy.jpg

This is DD then and DD and I now...

thenandnowEeyorecopy.jpg

On our first trip to WDW, DS was 12 and he was way too cool to have his picture made with characters or get autographs. Well, it took less than 12 hours on the ground before he was begging for a book and jumping up at every character meal. I LOVE LOVE LOVE that he still just as excited about Disney as he was then. :cloud9:

Those are awesome!

Here are a couple of mine to revive this awesome thread...

CIMG2921.jpg
IMG_3876.jpg

D~

I have enjoyed spending my "quiet time" tonight looking through these. I will have to look through dh's old pictures and see if I can find some older ones. This is my kids at the Wilderness Lodge. First one is from 2006 and the newer ones are from this Sept.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter