novice pin question

lindamg

Mouseketeer
When WDW puts out those limited edition pins, the ones that have an edition of 3500 or 5000 pieces, where is the best place to get them in the parks? Or do you have to be there on the day they are released to stand any chance of snagging one? I'm going the end of September, end of October and beginning of December and would like to get some of the holiday pins that I see are coming out. I'd also like to get the MNSSHP and the MVMCP pin. Who do you have to sell your first-born child to, to get one of those pins?:D
Thanks for any tips you can give.

Many limited edition pins are only released in certain places, especially when the edition is below 5000. If you watch Dizpins News, they include the releas sites in their announcements.

Most pins with edition sized below 3500 will sell out the day they are released. Even some extremely popular 3500 edition pins have sold out in one day -- The Donald Duck Memorial Day pin is one that comes to mind.

Editions of 5000 will usually be available for a while, sometimes over a month. On the other hand, even LEs of 5000 have occasionally sold out in one day. I believe the "Our Wedding" book pin was one of those.

It's impossible to predict where some remaining LEs might be found. Sometimes it is at a more remote pin cart, sometimes at WoD (because someone returned them there).

I believe the MNSSHP and MVMCP can only be purchased in the MK during the respective events. Once in a while, some of those event pins don't sell out during the event, and then you may be able to get them the next day, at Exhibition Hall at the entrance of MK. You usually have to ask for them too -- they won't just be on the racks.

Welcome to the expensive hobby called pin trading.
Now let me introduce me as your best friend. Wow, going in Sept, Oct, and Dec. You are going to be very popular on these boards.
No, really, that is great, you should be able to start a great collection going that often.
The 3500 edition is harder to find than the 5000, but it should not be difficult if you are there the day of the release. Some of the 5000 editions are available for a few days after. It is the 1000 edition size that sells out quickly. If they release something with that low an edition size you may have to get up early and wait in line at the park entrance.
It is our initiation into pin trading. You are not really a true pin trader until you have waited in line at 4 in the morning. Ask Dom, his initiation consisted of trading on the hood of a car with a flashlight in his mouth. And Raulandpinboy's initiation was even better, he had to go around and make up a story about him owning a business named Rauland and trying to convince at least one person that it was true.
We will have to think of something for you to do that is worthy of being a true pin trader.
We are a great group and have lots of fun here, welcome to our group
Peggie

I am going the end of September and the first of October.

I am going the second week in November with a couple days in WDW - I will be there for Mickeys birthday.

And I am going the first week in December.

If you would like to meet up, maybe a I could show you some things about pin trading - actuallly I practive pin buying.

Have a great time.

Darlene

Try to make it to our Friday night pin meets. They are EVERY Friday night on the 4th floor of the Contemporary Resort starting at 7 p.m. and going until who knows when. Go to the Cast Member working the cash register at the pin cart to point out Ed, Donna or Kathryn. We will be looking for you !
Kathryn

Thanks everyone for all the information. You are a big help! (But I didn't expect anything else from the good folks on this board) :D And just to clear up any misconception - I get to go frequently because I only live 2 hours away, easy to pop over for a weekend!;)
Thanks again!

If you are there on Sunday, Oct. 28th we will be having a pin meet at the Boardwalk pool in the morning. I'll be posting more information as we get closer to the date.

Cyn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter