November Weather

Luv Donald Duck

Mouseketeer
Hi all! I am going to Disney in November and was wondering if anyone has been down there in past years in the month of November. I have a 7 year old and can't figure out what to pack for clothing. We usually go in September but it didn't work out. I have never been down to Disney in November. Thanks for all your help!!

Usually a VERY nice time of year to go weatherwise. Usually cool mornings and cool evenings with warm days and low humidity. Of course, this can vary depending on whether a cold front sweeps through or not. Rain is "usually" minimal. MUCH BETTER THAN SEPT. WEATHER!!

We have been in the first week of November three times. It has been as hot as 90 degrees some days, but usually very pleasant. Evenings can be cool, especially on the boats around the Lagoon or Downtown Disney; a new Mickey sweatshirt provides warmth in more ways than one. We have had only two brief, drenching rain showers in the late afternoon.

The crowds are almost non-existent, especially first thing in the morning.

Me(DGM), DD and 2 DGDs (7+10) will be there Nov 3-8. From all that I've read, the early mornings and evenings can be "cool". How cool is cool? 65°, 60°, 50º? My question is - how do you dress for the parks? We are early birds and like to be at the parks at opening. That means an early breakfast and then head to the parks to be one of the first in line. Will long slacks be too warm for later in the day? And I hate the idea of lugging a sweatshirt around in the parks. What did you wear on your three stays at that time of year?

I am w/ you ncbyrne. I have no clue on what to bring. We are early birds also. Not sure how we should dress to be prepared for the day.

I am with you both. We are all from up North where 'cool' here, and 'cool' in Florida are two totally seperate things I think. LOL! I am assuming if the daytime high will be mid 70's and up my DH and 8yo DD will do great in shorts. I am the cold one of the group :rolleyes: I can't stand to be cold, so I know I will be luging around 'something' to take the morning chill off. Just not sure if it needs to be something as heavy as a fleece at this point.

I would classify November WDW weather as "sweatshirt and shorts". You should be fine with a sweatshirt and shorts in the morning and evenings, but you'll want to take off the sweatshirt in the middle of the day. Mid-day air is a pleasant temp(low 80s), but the sun is HOT.

I've visited the second week in November for the past 5 years. I've had a couple of showers, but no downpours. In my opinion, it's just as humid as any other time of the year.

(don't be fooled by my living in Tucson, I came here from Michigan 3 years ago)

I guess I'll just have to bring a bigger suitcase and pack a little of warm weather and a little of cooler weather clothes. I has planned on a light weight jacket, but I think a button down sweat shirt of cotton cardigan might be easier to tie around my waist or over my shoulders when I don't need it on my arms. Feeling a bit too cool is one thing, but feeling too warm is another.

I've been going crazsy with this too. I've got shorts, capris, short sleeve, couple of tanks just in case, sweat shirt and packing a couple of pants!! Probably over packing, but I'm at a loss!! :confused: :)

We were there 2 years ago on the third week in November and there was an unusual cold snap (or so the Floridians kept saying). Anyway, we were still comfortable in a light jacket for the early and late hours. My kids were swimming in the heat of the day though. No rain. I can't imagine a day that would make you keep your jacket on for the entire time.

I too am about to embark on the "what to pack" part of my planning. We are at 1 month and the suitcases will be coming out of the attic next week. I am a zip-loc packer (1 outfit per zip-loc--incl. undies, socks, and hair accessories for the DDs). I was planning on bringing a t-shirt and shorts for everyone for each day plus 1 pair of capris/jeans and 1 sweatshirt. I am planning on my gang to be wearing jeans and sweatshirts on the plane going down to FL as we are leaving from Chicago on Nov. 6........BRRRRRRRRRRRRR!
I guess it will depend on the a.m......stick your nose out on the balcony and determine if you can do without the sweatshirt. If it is chilly, you can always tie the sweatshirt around your waist, throw it in the backpack or rent a locker and put everyone's in there. I also have never been in November but it can be unseasonable at anytime of year in any state.......all I know is that being cold in WDW is better than being anything anywhere else! LOL!:earsgirl:

We have been there, the first week in November, a few times, and the weather has always been perfect. We wore shorts and tshirts the whole time. Daytime in the high 80s and sunny, with little to no rain!

I always check www.weather.com or www.accuweather.com the day before we leave, then pack accordingly.

I'll be checking these sites in about three weeks! :Pinkbounc

My 8 yr old DS has a couple of pairs of zip off cargo pants that convert to shorts. So that will be his daily outfit with a t-shirt.

For my teenage DD's, I think a pair of long jeans and a couple of capri pants will be fine and maybe a pair of shorts. Plus enough t-shirts.

I will also pack a light and heavy sweatshirt, fleece or jacket for everyone.

I was planning on runners for everyone, but just in case it's really warm, I will also bring along a pair of walking sandals for everyone.

I would love to find a pair of these convertible pants/shorts for myself. So far I have jeans and cargo pants, both regular length and cropped, but I think the zip off pants/shorts would be really handy for everyone!

This will be our 5th time going the week before Thanksgiving.

This is what I usually pack. For myself(I'm the one who is always cold!)I wear capris, or jeans, t-shirt and a light jacket(or sweatshirt) for the mornings and evenings. My DH shorts, t--shirt, and my kids the same. I almost always have a light jacket for the kids with me. Some indoor attractions are really cold!
(also change of clothes for the baby) When we have been there the weather has almost always been beautiful. Sunny, in the upper 70's. Sometimes in the 80's. The sun is hot, and we maybe had rain twice and that wasn't even a whole day. For me it has to be really hot to swim, like 90's, LOL!! Even with heated pools I don't swim, but my DH and DD will!! I should add that we have a stroller with us so it is easy to leave all the jackets in it and not worry about lockers or carrying them.

Nov. really is our favorite time to go because of the weather and lack of crowds.

Have fun!:rockband: :fish: :faint: :genie:
(DD likes to pick the smilies!!!LOL)

I have been MANY times in Nov. to WDW and this is what I pack for 4 nights 5 days--2 pair Shorts, 2 strappy shirts, 4 t-shirts, and 1 pair of pants and 1 light jacket! ::yes:: By light jacket, I mean one that zips up, but is made of cotton and has long sleeves.;) Its cool in the morning but warms up to about 80 degrees by 11:30AM if it does NOT rain!:p

we were there two years ago at Thanksgiving. I wore jeans leaving PVD in a snowstorm, but there was NO way I was wearing anything else but shorts while on vacation in Florida!! I did bring some capri's and bought a sweatshirt while we were there but never wore them. There was only one night that we really should have worn long pants (it was in the high 40's), but like I said, we were in Florida!!!

It was in the high 70's every day we were there, so it was like heaven to us.

We are going the week of November 13th from Michigan !!
Might get snow showers here by then......
So anything in the 70's and 80's and lows in the 60's is HOT to us !
Thanks for the packing tips......it does sound like you need a little bit of everything Layer layer Layer Huh ??!!
I too of course will be determined to wera Shorts everyday !
Thanks

According to weather.com the average Nov temp range is 79 deg for a high and 59 for a low.
You can also look at the day to day average which shows a range of a high of 82 and a low of 62 on Nov 1st as compared to a high of 76 to a low of 55 on Nov 30th.

It also shows Nov as being one of the driest months of the year for Orlando at 2.32" for the month.

We'll be down there from the 7th to the 15th and the average high is 80 and the average low is 59. Being from Mass, the comparative averages are 56 for a high and 30 for a low. I know I won't be packing too many sweatshirts (can't say the same for my DW; she's always cold:) )

I've been checking accuweather.com. It's looking pretty good!! Better than the weather here in the northeast the last couple of weeks. It'll be like the beggining of the summer, before it gets too hot. I have a few shorts for us girls, capris and sweatshirt for night. Dh and DS shorts(they're always warm) sweatshirts for night and 1 pant each. I hope that'll work! :)

I've been checking the 10 day forecast for Orlando, and it looks like highs in the 80- 82 range and lows in the 62- 65 range. Sunny to partly cloudy with 0%- 20% chance of showers.

We plan on bringing shorts and Tshirts for the days- long pants with short-sleeved shirts for evenings. We will also carry sweaters with us for chilly restaurants/rides, and ponchos for showers/wet rides.:wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter