November Trip Questions

LeanneDownUnder

Mouseketeer
Hi,
We are coming to Disneyland from Australia the week of November 16 -21. I have a couple of Questions.

Is there somewhere I can find out what the hours of the parks are likely to be, I though that last time I came there was somewhere that you could see last years times and get a reasonably good idea.

How likely is it that the Christmas decorations will be up by this time?

What sort of clothing are we are going to need? Last time we came for Halloween and were in shorts and T-shorts will it be much cooler generally 1 month later, will we need warm coats or just a pullover?

And Is there normally mid week fireworks at this time of the year.

Thank you!!

One of the best rips we ever took was in Nov. so we're going back the first week of the month.
It gets cool at night but a hoody and maybe a hat are enough to keep you warm.

Christmas decorations will be up. Pretty sure they are complete by that date range. T-shirts and shorts will be fine, light sweatshirts or a fleece pullover for the evening is all you should need. Fireworks should be each night.

November weather in Southern California can be hard to predict. Well, really, any time from mid-September on through the end of the year can go in a few different directions, weather-wise. Sometimes November is still on the warm-ish side in the daytime. On the other hand, sometimes November mornings can be very crisp and chilly. Let's put it this way -- I am not a fan of harsh heat, and I welcome any and all cool air, but November is when I usually notice that it's time to close a window because the air is a bit too chilly to let inside!

This coming winter we are supposed to get pummeled with a lot of messy rain, but I don't know if any of that weather will begin in the fall. So it could be raining as well -- but probably not the super messy rain until later in winter.

As for decorations, if we are just talking about actual decorations -- Christmas trees, wreaths, garland, etc. -- those should begin to go up around the end of October, with a little bit more being put up each day. Because there is such a heavy emphasis on the 60th anniversary offerings this year, I don't know if the decorations (themed to the different lands) will be as extensive this year. They may be 'reduced,' for lack of a better word.

I think that the holiday season will probably "officially" begin on either November 12th or November 13th. If so, then all of the decorations that are going to go up in Disneyland and California Adventure will be up by those dates.

As for holiday season entertainment, there won't be any holiday-specific fireworks this year (it will probably just be Disneyland Forever through the end of the year). The Christmas Fantasy Parade is coming back in some capacity, but we don't yet know if it will be a daytime only event, or if it will, perhaps, only happen on certain specific dates, or if it will be tossed into some sort of surprise hard ticket Christmas Party (which would be new). I think that the Holiday Time tour will be back this year. I think that Viva Navidad in California Adventure will be back. It's a Small World Holiday will definitely be back -- and it will probably soft open at least a couple of days before the holidays officially begin. Haunted Mansion Holiday is definitely coming back.

I don't think that the Jingle Jangle Jamboree will be back this year, though that is not definite yet. I'm not sure if Jingle Cruise will be back, but I hope so. I also don't know what's happening with the "Winter Castle," which is usually covered in fake snow and illuminated in icicle lights at night. My hunch is that there will be some fake snow put on it somehow, but that the lights that are there now, for the Diamond Anniversary, will take the place of the icicle lights. We shall see...

As for decorations and entertainment outside of the parks... I would guess that Olaf's Frozen Ice Rink and the Winter Village will be back in Downtown Disney. The hotels will probably not begin to get their Christmas trees set up until about 9 or 10 days before Thanksgiving -- so you will most likely see the trees -- but the assorted gingerbread houses at the Grand Californian Hotel (in the lobby, in Storytellers Cafe and in White Water Snacks) will probably not go up until Thanksgiving, or the weekend immediately before Thanksgiving at the absolute earliest. Santa Claus will probably not appear at the hotels until Thanksgiving, and neither will the carolers. However, Santa will be in California Adventure and in Disneyland when the season begins in mid-November.

Join us in the Disneyland at Christmas/Holiday Season Superthread if you have time - http://www.disboards.com/threads/di...etails-for-2015.3358217/page-38#post-54139038 :santa::santa:

Hi Leeanne we will be there at the same time nov 17-30 for us the hours in the first few days will probably 10-8 and then after the weekend it will be 8- midnight

I pack lightly for these trips I usually pack 1 or 2 pairs of long pants t shirts shorts and a good jumper will be coolish in the morning but will warm up

I compare it to Sydney weather at the same time can need long pants and jumper but also could be shorts and singlets weather

Just popping back in. Thanks for the great reply's Aussie Princess and Sherry E. Very Helpful, Fingers crossed that rain stays away!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter