November trip question

nmmom95

<font color=teal>I'm a pregnant lesbian in an inte
We will be going to WDW 11/14-11/21. Since we usually go in the spring, I was wondering if anyone could tell me a little about this time of year. How are the crowds? Are the Christmas decorations up yet? What do I pack? I don't know if we will need pants, shorts, jackets, etc. Any and all advice or tips would be greatly appreciated! TIA!

We will be going to WDW 11/14-11/21. Since we usually go in the spring, I was wondering if anyone could tell me a little about this time of year.
1- How are the crowds?
2- Are the Christmas decorations up yet?
3-What do I pack? I don't know if we will need pants, shorts, jackets, etc. Any and all advice or tips would be greatly appreciated! TIA!

1- Light to Medium. They will grow as Thanksgiving approaches.
2- Up in MK by the first MVMCP (around the 10th)
3-LAYERS!

Consider the difference in what you will be doing at
WDW compared to the way you spend your time outside
while at home.

You might be used to walking from a car, up a
sidewalk a certain distance and then into a building
back home...
but do you usually simply stand still, waiting in the
same spot for 45-60 minutes at a time?

You will be doing that kind of thing at WDW, if you
want to hold a spot a bit early and then watch
IllumiNations or Spectromagic and/or Wishes.

My wife and I are naturally "warm-blooded" and hardly
ever wear a coat at home in the winter until the
temperature gets to be constantly below 30 degress...
but STANDING outside at night at WDW for the evening
events, if the temp is in the 40's or lower (plus it
can be damp and windy,) can chill you to the bone
after about 15 minutes.

We're from the midwest and have learned to EXPECT ANYTHING as the weather goes in off-season Orlando.
We always pack winter and summer-wear.
In Dec/Jan/Feb we have even worn LONG THERMAL UNDERWEAR (after sundown)... we now pack it for any off-season trip.

Typical day:

Cool outside at 7am.
Wear shorts and Tee's.
Over that add a thin nylon wind-breaker
We put our "chilly-wear" and RAIN ponchos in a back-pack.
(Rain ponchos are REALLY cheap in hunting section of discount retailers.
You can buy BIG THICK ones to allow covering large jackets... more later.)

"Chilly-wear" is a nylon cotton-lined warm-up suit with zipper legs and a cotton-lined windbreaker.
We buy OVER-sized in these so they can easily be put on OVER other clothing.
After standing in the sometimes chilly "early-entry" lines we can usually take off the wind-breakers.
We always rent a locker at the park(s) and leave our "chilly-wear" in the locker 'til sun-down.
If it looks like rain (in Florida? Who'da thunk?) we take the Ponchos.

Much later, if its a warm night, we're just fine in the shorts.
If it turns windy/cool... we can visit the locker and choose which level of "chilly" OVER-WEAR to add to our clothing.

If it turns really COLD (windy 30's-40's not unheard-of at certain times of the year) we can make a restroom trip and slide-on the long underwear... OR... we can even add the final outer-layer of the RAIN ponchos (with their HOODS)... OVER everything else.
That trick (along with ear-muffs and gloves) has allowed us to "comfortably" stay and enjoy Fantasmic! or IllumiNations when others (less-prepared) have been "frozen-out."

Thanks so much! Those are great tips! I'm usually not cold, either, but I didn't think about standing for the parades & fireworks. My kids also hate when their ears get cold so earmuffs are a really good idea.

We went in November last year from the 8th to the 15th. We were in shorts and t-shirts the whole time except one evening it was chilly enough I needed a sweater.

HTH!

Hello! We were there last year Nov 17th - 22nd and we had record breaking low temperatures as the week went on. As Robo mentioned, while we were waiting around, it was more chilly and definitely everyone had to wear jackets. I actually was glad I had my gloves in my jacket! I understand this was not typical of this year but the mornings/evenings were very cool and early afternoon was obviously a lot warmer. I would definitely recommend layers as well!

As far as the crowds, we hadn't been in years so it's hard for me to compare, but from what I understand it wasn't bad at all. We hardly waited at all for the rides and it was easy to navigate in the crowds.

The majority of the Xmas decorations were up and as the week went on, more and more were finished. The Xmas tree at the Pop was put up the Wednesday of the week we were there and we went to see the Gingerbread house at the GF during our stay and I believe it had just gone up as well.

I wouldn't hesitate to go this time again - we had a blast and hope you do too! :thumbsup2

Heather

We went in November last year from the 8th to the 15th. We were in shorts and t-shirts the whole time except one evening it was chilly enough I needed a sweater.

HTH!

Thanks! I really enjoyed your trip report! I hope we are that lucky with weather & crowds!

Hello! We were there last year Nov 17th - 22nd and we had record breaking low temperatures as the week went on. As Robo mentioned, while we were waiting around, it was more chilly and definitely everyone had to wear jackets. I actually was glad I had my gloves in my jacket! I understand this was not typical of this year but the mornings/evenings were very cool and early afternoon was obviously a lot warmer. I would definitely recommend layers as well!

As far as the crowds, we hadn't been in years so it's hard for me to compare, but from what I understand it wasn't bad at all. We hardly waited at all for the rides and it was easy to navigate in the crowds.

The majority of the Xmas decorations were up and as the week went on, more and more were finished. The Xmas tree at the Pop was put up the Wednesday of the week we were there and we went to see the Gingerbread house at the GF during our stay and I believe it had just gone up as well.

I wouldn't hesitate to go this time again - we had a blast and hope you do too! :thumbsup2

Heather

Thank you! I'm so excited to see the Christmas decorations! It sounds like I may need to pack everyhting but the kitchen sink, but thanks for letting me know. I always think FL=hot, and I'd rather be prepared than have to miss SpectroMagic or Wishes because everyone is too cold!

We've been going the first week in November for 6 years now, because NJ schools are closed for a teacher's convention. The weather has always been perfect! Cool in the mornings and some evenings, warm most of the day. Lines are relatively short except for the "big ones" - e.g. Soarin' fast passes done for the day before noon. With a little planning it's a great time to go!

We will be going to WDW 11/14-11/21. Since we usually go in the spring, I was wondering if anyone could tell me a little about this time of year. How are the crowds? Are the Christmas decorations up yet? What do I pack? I don't know if we will need pants, shorts, jackets, etc. Any and all advice or tips would be greatly appreciated! TIA!

My mother and I went the same week last year and are going again this year. We had a blast last year. I expected it to be hot since we went the first week of Dec. 2007 and it was in the 70's and 80's. Well not last year! It was pretty cold, and I'm from TN. It was definately pants and jacket weather the whole week. I would definately check accuweather the week before to see what you need to pack. I'm going to pack shorts, pants, long sleeves, and a jacket this time.

It was so nice though. We didn't sweat, no crowd BO. :lmao:

The crowds were super low. Most of the families there were from out of country.

Most of the decorations are up. The Osborne lights and alot of the EPCOT decorations are NOT up yet, but the castle is. It's so beautiful!

It's a great week to go!!!

We are going the exact same week (but leaving on the 20th), so I'm glad to hear about the crowds. I also love Disney when I'm not sweating to death. I'm enjoying reading the threads about the 100 degree heat coming -- that's NOT for me! :cheer2:

MOST of the Christmas Decor is up or in the final phases. However things like the Candlelight Processional, Epcots Holiday Storytellers, and Osborne Christmas lights don't start till Thanksgiving weekend.

We were there last November 2008. It was rather busy at all the parks. I believe the longest we waited for a ride was Soarin' for 45 minutes. The weather was around the 60's during the day but early in the morning and late at night, the temp dropped down to the 30's!:scared1:. I wore sweats the entire time with crocs, I was nice and comfy! The Christmas decorations were up around the parks, but they were still working on the resorts! I've done WDW during the summer months, and I swore never again, so I'm planning another WDW trip for November 2010!

We will be there Nov. 30 - Dec. 8. Can't wait!!!:cool1:

There is nothing like Christmas time in Disney! I am sure that you will love it.

My mother and I went the same week last year and are going again this year. We had a blast last year. I expected it to be hot since we went the first week of Dec. 2007 and it was in the 70's and 80's. Well not last year! It was pretty cold, and I'm from TN. It was definately pants and jacket weather the whole week. I would definately check accuweather the week before to see what you need to pack. I'm going to pack shorts, pants, long sleeves, and a jacket this time.

It was so nice though. We didn't sweat, no crowd BO. :lmao:

The crowds were super low. Most of the families there were from out of country.

Most of the decorations are up. The Osborne lights and alot of the EPCOT decorations are NOT up yet, but the castle is. It's so beautiful!

It's a great week to go!!!

We were there Dec. 1 - Dec. 8 last year! I thought the weather was great! Not too hot, not too cold.

Where in TN do you live? We live in Hernando, MS. That's about 20 minutes from Memphis, TN.

I'll be there from the 13th to the 21st. So, I'm happy to hear that the crowds are on the lower side.

I am surprised that the UTG lists both Saturdays as "9". Hopefully that will not be true! :)

Husband and I were there in 2001. The crowds were awesome until Thanksgiving Day then it was like herding cattle onto a trailer. We left the next day so we didn't have to deal with the crowds that much. I packed just about everything under the sun, but we came in out travel trailer so I could bring even the kitchen sink if I wanted to. Hope that was of some help. Have a good trip.

Hope to be back after April 15, 2010.

We've been there three times in Nov, though usually Thanksgiving week or later.

I pack two pairs of shorts and two pairs of pants. I don't have a problem wearing them over and over, and if they get dirty, I just pretend that I just spilled that ketchup on them. No one around me will know if I just spilled, or if I spilled yesterday. I figure if it gets really bad, I will do laundry, but it's never been that bad. I just make sure that all of my pants/shorts are dark. It seems that over the course of the week, half of the days will be warm enough for shorts and t-shirts, and the other half will be cool enough that you will want pants. That's why two pairs of shorts and pants works for me.

Layers is the key. Evenings will probably be cool. We tend to stay at the park all day, so we bring jackets/sweatshirts with us. All of the parks have lockers near the front gate, so you can store your things in the locker for the day and go back in the evening to get them.

I've had to buy sweatshirts because I forgot to bring one with me, and the last time we all had to buy baseball caps because it was so warm. I've also seen stocking caps and mittens being sold in the gift kiosks and have been tempted to buy them many times, but my husband doesn't let me!

Have a good trip!

We are making our first Nov trip this year also and I was really bummed about the christmas lights not being up yet..we are going from the 7th-14th...will I have any shot at seeing any christmas deco while we are there? We go a lot in dec and the lights are always up and I am so sad about missing them this year! :sad1: We are staying at CSR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter