• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

November sail?

2BoysMom

Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver t
Has anyone sailed DCL in November?

We are booked on the Magic for the Oct. 27th sail, and my husband's organization just planned an important meeting for that week (even though they knew he was unavailable that week, months in advance). He can't miss that meeting and now I am scrambling to try to re-schedule and pick up the pieces.

I am so upset today (it was my adopted daughter's first cruise and a birthday celebration for her). Does anyone have good news or information for me? I am particularly interested in weather at CC. I'm trying to cheer myself up.:sad2:

Has anyone sailed DCL in November?

We are booked on the Magic for the Oct. 27th sail, and my husband's organization just planned an important meeting for that week (even though they knew he was unavailable that week, months in advance). He can't miss that meeting and now I am scrambling to try to re-schedule and pick up the pieces.

I am so upset today (it was my adopted daughter's first cruise and a birthday celebration for her). Does anyone have good news or information for me? I am particularly interested in weather at CC. I'm trying to cheer myself up.:sad2:

I sailed in November about 4 yrs ago weather is still beautiful we were able to swim on the boat and at cc....but when we got back to Massachusetts that's another story everyone caught a cold!!!! But we'll worth it!!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

We have sailed at the end of November for the past 3 years (and are going again this year). Castaway Cay has been great with air temperature. Water temperature has been colder than I want to get in.

We have also been to Castaway Cay in April (cold water) and August (lovely water).

You will still have an AWESOME cruise no matter what month you sail!

Kathi

Hi!

Just wanted to say we are going through the exact same thing! We are booked on 10/27 Magic and just found out that he can't get off from work that week. So I guess it will be November forums too.

When speaking with DCL last evening they checked avg temps in Niv for us and they are still supposedly in low 80's, they did so leaving port might be chilly though but will warm up from there.

Let's Hope! The plus side is the ship will be in Holiday mode, so a trade off for missing Halloween.

Enjoy

Hi, we will be sailing in November on the Magic. Whether reports we have checked show that the weather should be pretty on par with weather here in Australia which isn't to bad.

Went on the Dream in early Nov. last year and the weather was chilly for me. The good thing is that the pools are heated so if its in the 60's/70's the kids can still go swimming. CC was like 70's and it was beautiful weather but the water was chilly for me but the kids went swimming. This time were going in August. Though its tough to say cuz when we got off our cruise, it was 80 degrees. The weather can be hot in Nov. Either way that cruise was the best!!

Our first cruise was 11/15 and the next three were in early-mid December. One day in PC it was chilly but all the cruise days were very warm. These were on Eastern & Western cruises. It actually was hot in port because you were sitting in one place and there wasn't the breeze to cool things off.

We've been the last two years in November. It was HOT! +38 in Cozumel and Grand Cayman. Swam at CC and it was lovely. Wish we were going again!

It WAS windy this past November & two excursions were cancelled. We had the rum point/sting ray & the catamaran cancelled by DCL. Private companies still went, but after talking to others who went privately, they said it was extremely rough and difficult to stay on the sand bars at the sting rays. We also had a very brief stint of rain in Cozumel first thing in the morning. It just made it even more humid!

Go! Any day on DCL is going to be fabulous!

We've cruised the last 2 years in a row in November as well and both trips were beautiful! The weather was sunny and warm, but not too hot. Have fun!
:cool2:

Subbing.....We are thinking of going next November (Thanksgiving) for our first cruise (of any kind) ever. Being from south Louisiana, I am concerned about the temperatures...especially the water. We like our water very warm...like bath water. Our kids will be 13 and 9 and will definitely want to enjoy the aquaduck and the waterpark type area on Castaway Cay specifically. I know the cruise itself will be wonderful but if the kids can't enjoy the water activities, I'm not sure we should go at this time of the year.

Since comfortable water temps are relative depending on where you are from, I like to compare where posters are from. :goodvibes

If it is a nice day, the water will be warm at CC in November. If it is a stormy day, which can't be predicted, the weather won't be as nice. That can happen any month of the year, however. We are from coastal NC and enjoyed the water at CC mid November. December & January tends to be too cold for me, but it never keeps the kids and DH from spending the day swimming as long as it is clear and sunny.

We sailed on the Fantasy last November, the Saturday after Thanksgiving, and it was FABULOUS!!! The weather was in the low 80's with very little humidity, and the seas were quite smooth. Castaway Cay was exceptionally gorgeous...blue skies, sunny the water was so refreshing. I would book this again in a heartbeat!

we have gone the weekend before Thanksgiving two different times. We spent a lot of time swimming and snorkeling at CC and the whole day doing water slides at Atlantis. We loved it.

We sailed last November the first week and had GORGEOUS weather in CC. We ran the 5K and were overly warm during, the water felt GREAT after. Would gladly sail that week again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter